When you’re on the go and looking for a perfect daily go-to hand wash product, Mrs. Meyer’s Liquid Hand Soap has become one of the most popular soaps that’s non-drying and can be used throughout the day and formulated with natural ingredients that won’t irritate the skin.
A favorite of men and women, Mrs. Meyers Liquid Hand Soap is great for busy, hard-working hands (or those who garden or work in professions that require frequent washes), and is made with olive oil, aloe vera, and essential oils.
It also comes at a very modest price point for families on a budget, and comes in a variety of scents and sizes to pick from, with the basil scent being the most popular, and the refill sizes being the most budget-friendly.
The wash is most frequently used as a household hand soap, but can also be used for bath and body if desired. It’s a common favorite amongst those who garden or do outdoor activities, but is loved by all and has remained a cult-favorite with families for years as a product that lasts, works, and doesn’t break the bank.
So is Mrs. Meyer’s a product to pick up on your next trip to the grocery store or purchase (at a lower cost) online?
We reviewed to find out.
Review: Mrs. Meyers Liquid Hand Soap
Mrs. Meyers Liquid Hand Soap has been a bestselling wash (mostly for the hands, but it can be used on the body or for the house in a pinch) for years, and is known for being cost-effective, gentle, natural, and great for the whole family.
There are a lot of things to love about this Liquid Hand Soap, which has interested me for a very long time as I’ve watched it fly off shelves at local supermarkets and trend online, and receive glowing reviews online.
Just like you, I wondered if it was truly worthy of the hype or simply one of those products we start buying because everyone else is.
But after trying it out, and especially considering the low price point, this is absolutely one of the best liquid hand soaps I have ever used and would highly recommend it for a few reasons.
Mrs. Meyers Hand Soap stands out amongst all of its competitors on the shelves and online not just for its price in comparison to benefits and ingredients, but because it really leaves your skin feeling silky soft no matter how many times you wash your hands without any roughness or cracked feelings.
Perfect for those who frequently wash their hands (busy parents, those who work in labor or medical fields), this is also great for the whole family and safe for kids. It can be enjoyed by couples and families, and for the cost, it will last you for quite some time if you’re on a budget and trying to cut down on your grocery costs.
Plus, it has a lovely fresh herbal scent (in different odors depending on what you like), and is environmentally friendly.
Usually we don’t buy these products because they’re at least $10 more expensive than the “normal” brands, and never seem to be on sale, and this is really where Mrs. Meyers has created a product that families can afford and enjoy safely, with a clean formula.
It makes the cleaning and supply shopping process actually fun again, rather than stressful and all about trying to coupon and save money.
Mrs. Meyers Liquid Hand Soap Ingredients and Benefits
Especially if you are suffering from dry, rough, scaly, or very sensitive hands that are in need of repair, or if you are eco-conscious about soap and detergent products- understanding ingredient labels can be extremely important. All of the ingredients used in Mrs. Meyers Liquid Hand Soap are naturally based and free of any harsh chemical additives or sulfates, that can strip the skin and dry you out further.
With that in mind, here are some main ingredients contained in the formulation and some key benefits to use:
- For dry, rough, or cracked skin on the hands; provides hydration to the skin while helping to treat any redness or irritation present
- Contains beta carotene, vitamin C and E that can help improve the skin’s natural firmness and improves elasticity, supporting overall skin strength and health
- Helps smoothen out and soften the hands
- May help in treating acne scarring and minimizing the appearance of scar tissue over time
- Anti-acne benefits: aloe fights acne-causing bacteria on the skin
- Helps to heal skin from burns, wounds, cuts, and other forms of minor damage
- Promotes brighter tone and helps with and dullness or sallow skin on the hands
- Anti-inflammatory properties promote healing and balance, repairing damage to the hands from activities, stress, or the environment
- For those very rough, cracked, or dry hands: helps fully restore depleted hydration and provides a long moisture hold
- Anti-inflammatory effects help treat and prevent acne and acne-causing bacteria
- Minimizes damage, dryness, redness and signs of inflammation on the hands
- Anti-aging benefits: aids in the synthesis of collagen production, improves skin elasticity and helps treats signs of fine lines, wrinkles, and sun damage on the hands
- May help treating small wounds, skin infections, acne scarring, and general scar tissue on the hands
- Helps prevent further dryness, stripping, and tightening feelings after washing
- Helps to calm and balance, helps calm itchy, red, or irritated skin
- Heals and repairs damaged or chapped skin tissue
- Shields the skin from UVA radiation, may act as a natural sunscreen and help in preventative anti-aging and fighting the effects of sun damage
Mrs. Meyers Liquid Hand Soap Pros and Cons
Overall, Mrs. Meyers Liquid Hand Soap is the best and most eco-friendly wash I have found on the market that soothes rough, dry, and cracked hands and is perfect for families on budgets as well as those who work in fields that require frequent hand-washing or labor activities. It is normally used as a liquid hand wash, but can also be used on the body or even a household cleaning product in a pinch.
Here are a look at some main pros and cons to bear in mind prior to purchase with Mrs. Meyers Liquid Hand Soap:
- At only $6 for a 33oz refill, the liquid hand soap lasts for quite some time and is extremely cost effective for families (it’s loved by men, women, and kids)
- Cruelty-free company: products are never tested on any animals, used during any manufacturing processes, or in any product formulations
- Mrs. Meyers Hand Soap is formulated without any parabens, sulfates, or harsh chemical additives that can be harsh or irritating on the skin
- Safe for all skin types, even those with very sensitive skin or those who are acne-prone
- While it is mainly used as a hand soap, it can also be used as a body soap or cleanser if desired
- Never dries out or strips the hands- perfect for those who work in fields that require frequent hand-washing, such as medical fields, or those who garden or do labor
- The scent is cool and crisp without being overpowering and does not smell of any harsh chemical odors (slightly herbal and sweet)
- Leaves the hands feeling soft and fresh without any stripping or tightness after use
- Environmentally friendly company with sustainable practices and ingredients
- Not irritating to those who have topical conditions (i.e eczema or rosacea)
- Available in many different scents (i.e. lavender, verbena) for those who are not fans of the basil
- Can be used as a household cleaning product in a pinch as well
- Very soothing and nourishing for those with dry and/or rough hands
- Great for busy parents on-the-go (who may need to wash their hands frequently), and safe for kids
- The only downside (and personally I love the scent, and the vast majority of customers love the scent), is some users did not like the basil odor- in this case, Mrs. Meyers Hand Soap does come in a variety of different scents and options, so if one is not your preference, there are many alternatives you may find you like more
Mrs. Meyers Money-Back Guarantee
If you have very sensitive or acne-prone skin or have not used Mrs. Meyers Hand Soap products in the past, the return and exchange policy in this case may be a highly important factor for you.
The manufacturer, Mrs. Meyers, has a strong return and exchange policy that honors full refunds upon dissatisfaction or allergy, and this policy favors the consumer, both new and returning.
If you are dissatisfied with the use of Mrs. Meyers Liquid Hand Soap, or if it does not work for your skin to provide suitable skincare, or general hydrating benefits, or you experience any product allergy or reaction to the formulation, you may elect to return it at any time.[easyazon_infoblock align=”none” identifier=”B0020VJTDG” key=”image” locale=”US” tag=”reviewing-20″]
In this case, you will receive a full refund equal to the entire purchase price of the item, if purchased via Amazon (it can’t be guaranteed to apply to individual stores or merchants).
In this case, the formulation of the Liquid Hand Soap was quite gentle enough to use even with very sensitive and acne-prone skin and did not cause any irritation or breakouts, and it is extremely gentle for all skin types. It did not seem drying or stripping to the skin at all, and is generally very good for those with dry or rough hands.
Mrs. Meyers Liquid Hand Soap: Worth It Winner?
We’re all looking for that perfect staple family hand wash that won’t break the bank and will really go the distance, in terms how long it will last, how the whole family will like it, and how it will perform even if you need to wash your hands every other second while you’re taking care of the kids or doing labor.
Mrs. Meyers Liquid hand soap is a perfect liquid soap, mostly for the hands, but also as a lovely scented herbal body wash, that doesn’t dry out or strip your skin with use, that leaves you feeling soft and refreshed, and is made with only the best quality ingredients.
Considering the ingredients and benefits, it’s also an incredibly well-priced item, at $6 for a refill of over 30oz, that will last you for months (even for the whole family), and doesn’t damage the environment in the process.
After wondering for a very long time why this was such a bestseller and cult-classic and finally trying it out, it’s easy to see why there is such a loyal following.
I have yet to come across a wash at this price point that truly gets the job done so well and smells so refreshing without any drying properties and instead leaves you soft and refreshed, and feels like a simple luxury, without the price sticker.
5/5, and highly recommended, for the whole family!