What’s all the hype about retinol serums, creams and gels, and the trending Tree Of Life Retinol Serum?
When most of us here the word retinol we immediately think about anti-aging and reversing time.
The use of these serums simply rests in their ability to boost collagen production, expedite the cellular turnover process, and reduce signs of wrinkles and fine lines.
Retinol products are generally all in one “must have’s” for preventative and retroactive anti-aging benefits, and don’t we all want that, especially if it can be done on a budget?
These serums produce that coveted fresh faced, dewy, “post-facial” look we all want. We’re all looking at the same magazine covers and watching the same Youtube modeling skincare videos at some point, wondering how Gigi Hadid does it.
Tree of Life’s Retinol Serum claims to offer a solution and best retinol option for women and men of varying skin types and tones. Their product is well reviewed and seems to be the go-to choice on the market right now.
So how does compare to other OTC products and does it live up to its claims to have clinical strength?
Review: Tree of Retinol Serum
Topical retinol products play a huge role in a solid anti-aging skincare routine or regimen. These derivatives of Vitamin A boost the production of collagen, brighten and speed up turnover. All of these factors combine to make a powerful anti-aging formula.
Over 700 clinical studies have noted the benefits of retinol in reducing the appearance of aging.
This retinol serum offers a powerful formulation and provides great benefits in terms of restoring youth and glow.
I found the formula felt luxurious and smooth to apply, was not greasy at all, and left behind no residue following use.
Following first time use, I felt a bit of a tingly sensation and was nervous considering I do have sensitive skin, but followed the directions and applied a small amount of product.
But after a few moments the sensation went away, and my skin felt fine. I started gradually with twice per week usage, and noticed my skin looked brighter and more radiant within about a week and a half. Following a month of use, I noticed an overall more youthful looking complexion with a reduction in fine lines on the forehead and in between the brows (even as a relatively young consumer).
My skin felt softer, and the tone/texture was more even, I was definitely receiving compliments on my skin and blown away by the price point considering all of the expensive skincare products I have tried in the past to achieve the same results.
Some customers, especially with more resilient skin, use this as an everyday treatment, and report differences in acne marks, hyperpigmentation, scarring, and improvements in deep set wrinkles and lines.
I would recommend first time users begin by using this once or twice a week conservatively, and would always recommend the use of a sunscreen with any retinoid product.
Overall, I think this is the best retinol product available on the market for the money, for any age group, and the differences in terms of overall anti-aging benefits (for men and women) are remarkable, especially in comparison to cost.
Tree Of Life Retinol Serum Ingredients
The serum offers a clinical strength retinol as well as hyaluronic acid to maximize benefits. It also contains Vitamin E, jojoba oil, green tea, and witch hazel.
- Aids in anti-aging, firming and maintaining moisture to the skin and layers of the dermis
- Helps diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Creates a smooth and supple texture and aesthetic
- Is a naturally occurring element in the body that depletes over time with age (akin to collagen), requiring restoration to maintain the same youthful appearance
- Antioxidant properties that combat free radicals, it can act as a damage protectant from the sun when applied topically
- Improves dry skin and prevents flaking/cracking
- May help with treating acne scars with continual use over time
- Naturally fights aging by fighting free radicals, sun damage and promoting hydration
- May help in the treatment of eczema
- Fights acne by reducing inflammation, and decreasing oil and redness
- Antibacterial properties help expedite healing times for scars and infection
- Nourishes dry skin, promotes hydration and moisture while fighting acne-causing bacteria and excess oil
- Minimizes damage from previous sun damage or exposure
- Fights signs of aging and contains anti-aging properties caused by dehydration and sun damage
- Treats topical conditions (i.e. eczema)
- Heals and reduces the appearance of cuts, discoloration and irritation
- Fights skin cancer by promoting DNA repair
- Fights DNA damage caused by sun damage (UVB rays specifically)
- Antibacterial agent that treats and prevents acne and breakouts
- B2 maintains structure and firmness to the skin
- Vitamin E (found in green tea) supports skin cell growth and turnover while hydrating
- Seals and delivers moisture directly to skin and binds hydration to the skin
- Creates barrier to external elements and toxins
- Leaves skin soft, smooth and restored
- Counterintuitively, helps reduce excess oil production and promotes balance of oils to the skin, reducing breakouts and promoting even tone
- Can aid in the treatment of acne, eczema and sunburn
Tree of Life Serum: Positives & Negatives
- Lower cost product as compared with many retinol creams and serums on the market (that actually works)
- Leaves skin smooth, baby soft, and supple
- Vegan product, cruelty-free
- 100% money-back/return upon reaction or dissatisfaction
- Helps skin retain youthful aesthetic, very effective anti-aging product
- Clinical strength retinol
- Helps repair and prevent future signs of damage and aging
- Visible anti-aging benefits (treats fine and deeper set lines, wrinkles, pigmentation, and sun damage)
- Works for men and women of all age groups
- Works for all skin types, even sensitive, especially if used conservatively and started slowly
- Certain customers have described feeling itchiness or tightness of the skin following use
- Retinol products can be drying, especially if overused or used incorrectly
- Retinol products should not be used prior to sun exposure and should be used at night with an SPF for day
Tree Of Life Serum: How to Use
Apply a small amount to clean skin following a cleanser at nighttime. Apply 2-3 times per week (general recommendation), you can use more or less frequently based on sun protection and individual skin type.
More resilient skin types may opt to use this as an everyday option once the skin has gotten used to the product for enough time.
Tree Of Life Retinol Serum: Does It Work?
Tree of Life’s retinol serum is a well-rounded product that lives up to its claims, continues to reign supreme in the retinol product market, and lives up to expectations. It’s reasonably priced, ingredients are naturally-based, and the line is cruelty-free and vegan.
This is an excellent option for those new and experienced with retinol products, and customers rate the efficacy very highly. You can anticipate a smooth, soft, and supple complexion and expect skin to appear more youthful. Research suggests that in conjunction with a healthy diet and lifestyle, retinol and SPF skin are key in maintaining a youthful appearance.
This may also be a good product in preventative anti-aging, for those looking for a product to protect from future sun damage. Highly recommended!
5/5 stars, this is the best bang for your buck in terms of anti-aging products on the market.
Don’t we all want younger looking and glowing skin on a budget?