Perfect for enhancing and protecting the vibrancy of hair, Pureology’s Superfood Hydrate Treatment is a hair mask designed for all types of locks, especially color-treated.
If you’re a fan of Pureology’s bestselling shampoo and conditioning products already after reading our reviews, a perfect addition to step up your hair game is their award-winning hair mask, designed to leave your hair even softer, shinier, more hydrated and stronger than ever.
With a 100% vegan formulation, the Pureology Superfood Hydrate Treatment Mask uses all-natural ingredients to condition even the driest and brittle hair, get rid of split ends, and extend the duration of color treatments.
If you do dye your hair, it not only helps extend the duration of the color hold, it helps enhance the vibrancy of the color itself. Plus, if your hair has suffered any damage from coloring (or using heat tools or other factors), it helps to restore it back to its natural state while preventing fade.
So does Pureology’s Superfood Mask live up to its hype and is it as good as its sister products? We reviewed and tested first, so you wouldn’t have to.
Review: Pureology Superfood Hydrate Treatment
Pureology’s Superfood Hydrate Treatment is a color-care treatment mask, designed to treat even the most dry and brittle hair types in need of moisture and repair.Before we begin, make sure you’re ordering Pureology from a legitimate retailer, NOT from a counterfeit seller. For your convenience, here is the Amazon link to an authentic Pureology retailer.
It can be used on any hair type and leaves your hair feeling and looking soft, shiny, and vibrant after only one use. It also smells like fresh coconuts and lingers through the day, which doesn’t hurt.
While you can use it if you don’t color your hair also, if you do, it helps hold the color treatment for longer without any fading and improves the vibrancy of the pigment, using all natural ingredients.
It is deeply nourishing, and can be used following your regular shampoo and conditioning treatment (or even as an overnight mask if desired).
You you can use it on split ends, roots, or the entire head.
I used this for about 30 minutes following a regular shampoo and conditioning treatment and noticed my hair immediately felt smoother, softer, and appeared healthier and more radiant after only a single use. There was no damage to the coloring of my hair, and if anything, it seemed shinier and glossier.
While I was skeptical at first given the price tag, even with very long hair, I only needed an extremely small amount to condition and treat my entire head of hair (and I’ve said this about no other hair product, ever).
We’re all in need of a boost of radiance and hydration for our locks, color-treated or not, and with this mask, it works for any hair type, and gets the job done in no time.
I was able to eliminate the need for hair serums and oils after using it, and simply let my hair naturally air dry. It truly hadn’t looked so naturally revived and lively in so long, that I’ve become hooked on Pureology’s Hydrate Treatment, and is something I’ll now happily shell out the few extra bucks for.
It’s simply worth it.
Pureology Superfood Hydrate Treatment Ingredients
Pureology’s Superfood Hydrate Treatment is free of all parabens, sulfates, silicones, and 100% vegan and cruelty-free, instead the formula uses safe and natural ingredients to treat and enrich the hair- that are soothing, softening, and promote color-hold and vibrancy.
Here are a look at the two key ingredients contained in the formula and main benefits with use in the hair (there is also some all natural jojoba oil in the product):
- Anti-dandruff: helps prevent and reduce flakiness and dandruff at the hair roots and follicles, and helps to hydrate the scalp on the head (making it look and feel healthier)
- Prevents hair breakage, loss, and split ends (helps decrease dry and brittle hair)
- Helps to manage the hair and detangle the hair, making combing, styling and brushing an easier process after use
- Acts as a natural shield and protects the hair from environmental and sun damage, helping hold color and prevent fade
- May help hair to grow, and prevent hair from shedding if you are experiencing periods of loss by stimulating blood flow to hair follicles
- Can help prevent and alleviate a dry and itchy or irritated scalp
- Locks and seals in moisture with a long hold, leaving the hair feeling soft and smooth for hours/days after use
- Strengthens the hair and adds shine and vibrancy
- Avocado helps to dramatically reduce hair frizz and static
- Can help treat and fight thinning and shedding hair and help restore hair growth
- Helps reduce protein loss in damaged and brittle hair
- Can help to cool, soothe, and nourish the scalp
- Helps to hydrate very dry hair and retains moisture with a strong moisture hold
- Conditions the hair and leaves it shiny, radiant, and soft
- Prevents and treats dandruff and the formation of new flakes, as well as scalp irritation, dryness, and itch
- Perfect for very dry and brittle hair, with a strong moisture hold that works to nourish, strengthen and hydrate even the most dry hair (after color or hot tool treatments)
- Helps to treat split ends and nourish hair from the roots down
- Can help prevent the formation of new gray hairs and even baldness
- Can help to clean and detoxify the hair, removing dirt, oils and impurities
Pureology Superfood Hydrate Treatment Pros & Cons
The vast majority of Pureology’s Superfood’s Hydrate Treatment’s benefits with use were amazing and it’s one of the best, if not the best, conditioning treatment masks I have tried. It definitely extends the life of your color, adds vibrancy and texture, and leaves it feeling soft and smooth throughout the day (even for the most dry, damaged and brittle hair types). It also leaves you smelling like fresh coconuts, which certainly doesn’t hurt. It seems worth it for it’s price point (perhaps the only downfall), because even for very long hair, a little amount of product goes a very long way. This treatment is a perfect compliment to the infamous Pureology Shampoo and Conditioner treatments.
Here is a look at some key pros and cons to bear in mind prior to purchase:
- 100% vegan, silicone free and cruelty-free: product is not tested on any animals, no products are used during any manufacturing processes, or in any product formulations
- Pureology’s Superfood Mask is safe for all hair types, including color treated hair
- For those with color-treated hair types, the mask helps extend the duration of the treatment and improves vibrancy without stripping or fading color
- Free of sulfates, parabens, and harsh chemicals that can damage the hair
- Leaves your hair feeling soft, smooth, and looking radiant and shiny
- Helps restore hair that is brittle, damaged hair, frizzy hair, or any split ends that are in need of repair and immediate treatment
- Pairs perfectly with Pureology’s Shampoo and Conditioner
- Leaves hair more manageable for styling and treatments after use (great frizz control)
- At only $8 for $30g, this travel version is definitely an affordable luxury treatment- if you really like it you can go with the value size for $44, which is 170g (while pricey it does go quite a long way and is very effective, we found it very worth it for its price)
- Safe for all hair types (straight, wavy, curly, coily, tighly coiled)
- Helps hold the hair in place and prevents against any frizz throughout the day
- Even with very long hair, only a small amount of product is required to treat the entire head, adding value to the product and shelf- life
- Pureology’s Superfood Hydrate Treatment has an amazing fresh scent of coconut that lingers throughout the day (and doesn’t smell of perfume or chemicals, just smells fresh and clean)
- It left my hair feeling silky smooth and fresh even after using hot tools and after chemical processing
- Safe to use even for those who have had “at home” treatments and bleach experiments go wrong
- Fully restores hair health even in the most damaged conditions
- Can be used as a treatment just for split ends or certain areas if desired
- It’s important to note the default size set on Amazon is a smaller/travel size version, if you wish to purchase the larger version, simply click on the the link to the right on the same page that offers the 160g size (it is the same product and larger)
- If you have very oily or greasy hair naturally, this product may feel it weighs down your hair slightly or you may not need it
Pureology’s Money-Back Guarantee Policy
If price barriers are a concern given this particular item or if you have not used Pureology products in the past, the return and exchange policy in this case may be a highly important factor for you.
The manufacturer, Pureology, has a strong return and exchange policy that honors full refunds upon dissatisfaction or allergy, and this policy favors the consumer, both new and returning.
If you are dissatisfied with the use of the Pureology Superfood Hydrate Treatment, or if it does not work for your hair to provide suitable hydrating or color-hold benefits, or you experience any product allergy or reaction to the formulation on the hair or scalp areas, you may elect to return it at any time.[easyazon_infoblock align=”none” identifier=”B075YWQTFG” key=”image” locale=”US” tag=”reviewing-20″]
In this case, you will receive a full refund equal to the entire purchase price of the item, if purchased via Amazon. We cannot always guarantee the authenticity of products sold from vendors outside of Amazon.
Pureology Superfood Hydrate Treatment: Worth It Winner?
When your hair is in need of an extra boost of shine and radiance, especially if you have color- treated hair and you’re looking to extend the life of the treatment and prevent any damage (from treatments or hot tools), Pureology’s Superfood Hydrate Treatment is definitely a worth it winner for us.
Plus, it pairs perfectly with the lines amazing shampoo and conditioning treatments.
If you can’t seem to hold your color or its vibrancy, experience dull or dry hair, or just have lifeless or dull hair or roots in general, this is one of the best treatment masks available for all hair types, especially those of us who color treat, on the market.
While pricey, a little goes such a long way even for very long hair that it is definitely worth it at its price point, and in comparison to competitor products.
If you’re dry, dull, or if your treatments are fading out much quicker than you’d like, this mask is a complete game-changer.