In the world of skincare and cosmetics we are often inundated with so many different choices and steps that selecting the right products can seem overwhelming, but with Thayers Witch Hazel Rose Petal Toner your daily skin care process may become simpler than ever.
While most of us would not suggest a complicated 20-step skincare regimen for any age bracket, many of us do have a need for a good go-to daily toner, which can enhance our daily skincare routines, and make them more effective.
The need for a good toner in any skincare regimen is also generally recommended by dermatologists, makeup artists, and skincare experts, but how do you find the best toner on the market?
And how can you find the perfect toner suited to your own skin type and sensitivities?
We decided to review a highly-rated toner that suggests its suitable for all types of skin, Thayers Rose Petal Alcohol-Free Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera Formula. The product restores hydration and absorbs excess oil production in one go, making it ideal for dry, combination skin and oily types alike.
It’s said to be the holy grail of toning, but why?
Does Thayers’ product live up to promises of leaving the skin dewy fresh with restored radiance at under $10 using rose petal water, or is it hype?
We investigated and reviewed it to find out.
Review: Thayers Witch Hazel Toner
This organic product is a blend of rose petals, aloe vera, Vitamin C and proprietary witch hazel, the latter being the first differentiation factor of Thayers offering.
Even better, the product is completely free of alcohol, and as a general rule of thumb, most companies list this as a first or second ingredient in toners.
Witch Hazel acts as a topical astringent aid in fighting acne, shrinks pores, reduces inflammation and heals redness.
The company product motto is “it makes your skin bloom,” in reference to a cocktail of fruits and florals.
Thayers’ helps in:
I felt my skin looked incredibly radiant, fresh, and was left with a dewy glow after washing my face and then using it. It also did not break out or irritate my sensitive acne-prone skin, making it highly suitable for those of varying skin types, including sensitive skin.
Thayers Witch Hazel Toner Ingredients
The ingredients are all organic and natural and considered highly safe unless there is a specific allergy present. All of the ingredients work in tandem to promote healing, hydration, decrease inflammation and decrease and overproduction of oil.
The result is a clean, stunning complexion.
- Contains oils that lock and bind moisture into the skin
- Promotes glowing, radiant complexion and quality in skin tone that is noticed quite quickly
- Cleanses the skin naturally
- Suitable for all skin types and offer great benefits and hydration for dry skin, suitable for sensitive skin
- Rich in antioxidants, boosts collagen production and encourages cell repair (helping minimize acne and irritation)
- Smells of fresh rose petal
- Oil control, leaves skin supple and soft without stripping it but ensures any excess grease/oil is removed, helping to prevent acne
- Relieves inflammation, including redness or skin break outs
- Gives the skin a healthy, radiant glow
- Fights acne by reducing inflammation, and decreasing oil and redness
- Antibacterial properties help expedite healing times for scars and infection
- Nourishes dry skin, promotes hydration and moisture while fighting acne-causing bacteria and excess oil
- Minimizes damage from previous sun damage or exposure
- Fights signs of aging and contains anti-aging properties caused by dehydration and sun damage
- Treats topical skin conditions such as eczema
- Heals and reduces the appearance of cuts, discoloration and irritation
- Acts as an anti-inflammatory
- Fights acne and acne-causing bacteria
- Delivers excellent soothing and healing properties to the skin, helps repair and nurture tissue
- Softens and hydrates skin without clogging pores, leading to a glowing complexion
- Anti-aging properties; aloe vera contains beta carotene, vitamin C and E that can help improve the skin’s natural firmness and improve elasticity
- Anti-aging, antioxidant-rich vitamin C helps boost collagen production and elasticity, aiding any fine lines or wrinkles
- Protects skin from sun damage naturally
- Brightens the skin naturally and reduces signs of uneven tone and discoloration, promoting an even and smooth aesthetic
- Improves hydration and moisture, helps bind moisture into the skin and restores any depleted hydration
- Reduces inflammation and speeds up healing rates
- Like aloe, Vitamin C helps heal sunburns and promotes skin repair
Thayer’s offers a full money- back guarantee for any customer concern, allergy or issue. The product can be returned for a full price refund or exchanged for a more suitable item.
Thayers Witch Hazel Toner: Positives & Negatives
Here are a look at some key pros and cons to bear in mind prior to purchase:
- Fully removes all makeup, dirt, oil and residue after cleanser
- Very appealing scent with notes of fresh florals and soft fruity undertones, akin to fresh rose petals
- All natural ingredients free of any harmful additives
- Safe for all different skin types and sensitivities
- Beneficial for oily, combination, and dry skin types
- Improves skin quality, texture, hydration, restores radiance and glow in those with dull or sallow skin
- Does not contain any alcohol, which can dry and irritate skin
- Paraben-free, naturally preserved, hypoallergenic
- Leaves skin soft, smooth and radiant directly following use
- Helps a serum/moisturizer absorb more effectively in the skin when applied afterwards
- At under $10, the product is very modestly priced, yet feels like luxury skincare
- Product longevity: even with continual daily use, the toner lasts months, adding great value to a low-cost item
- Improves blackheads, clogged pores, and signs of blemishes drastically
- Results are visible directly following use (much sooner than anticipated)
- Visibly minimizes the appearance of pore size
- Helps to soothe any redness or irritation while providing balance and hydration
- Leaves skin feeling incredibly supple and “baby soft” following use
- Makes a wonderful and inexpensive gift giving option
- Vitamin E was recently removed from the product creating some degree of customer dissatisfaction, but I felt the formulation was very high quality, and the visible difference in skin and improved radiance, in addition to other great ingredients, seems to make up for the lack of a specific ingredient
- Some customers say the product does not work as a treatment for acne scarring
- It does contain added fragrance, but the manufacturer states this is from all natural floral ingredients
Thayers Toner: How to Use
Apply to the skin using a clean cotton ball or washcloth, after using a daily cleanser. Remove any excess product residue. Follow with serum and moisturizer or any regular routine.
Thayers Witch Hazel Toner: Worth It Winner?
Thayers Witch Hazel Toner is a solid offering and stands out amongst its competition in the market. They have made a product that is safe, organic, gentle and can be used on any skin type. Even those with sensitive skin can enjoy the benefits of the product. The all natural organic plant and fruit based ingredients give the toner a wonderful scent as well as benefits to the skin.
Customers can expect to be left with fresh, even and radiant skin at a low cost. You can also expect to be free of any residue, makeup or product build up. We love the alcohol free formulation of this product as it does not dry out the skin or cause irritation.
The aesthetic of the bottle and packaging are an added bonus. It seems to provide a great value and remarkable benefits, with continual daily use, and has longevity. This product is definitely recommended for those of any skin type looking for an added boost to the skin and a fresh glow.
Definitely hype and 5/5 stars!