For those of us with the most parched, dry skin, especially during cold winter months, we often search for anything and everything to repair patches, redness, and flakes, and with Dr. Jart’s Ceramidin Cream, those of us with the driest skin has finally met our match.
Have you ever found yourself slathering on oil or serum, or overusing product, just because your skin was so dehydrated?
Luckily, there are creams designed for very dry skin types to address dehydration without leaving the skin feeling sticky or greasy.
If you feel like you are overusing serums, products, and oils, and still feeling dry- or if you are experiencing flakes and patches that become irritating or create dullness, a richer cream like Dr. Jart’s Ceramidin Cream is supercharged with 5-cera complex.
This leaves even the driest skin feeling soft, rich, and supple after use.
Designed for even the most sensitive skin, Ceramidin Cream feels smooth and creamy to apply and actually works to treat even the dullest and dry complexions.
Review: Dr. Jart Ceramidin Cream
As someone who has always suffered from dry and sensitive skin prone to flaking, redness, and dry patches (that often cling to makeup products), there are a lot of challenges in dealing with this problem.
Before we begin, make sure you’re ordering Dr. Jart from a legitimate retailer, NOT from a counterfeit seller. For your convenience, here is the Amazon link to an authentic Dr. Jart retailer.
First of all, finding the perfect creams, serums, and/or oils to use is a challenge alone.
Second, not overusing them in an attempt to fully hydrate is often draining to your bank account and you end up wasting product over time.
So after a friend recommended Dr. Jart’s Ceramidin Cream for my dry and dehydrated skin, promising it would save on money and save my skin at the same time, I took her words of advice (along with the strong user reviews online).
For my fellow readers suffering from dry skin, irritation, redness, product overuse in an attempt to fix this, and general discomfort, Dr. Jart’s moisturizer provides immediate relief.
While it is rich and silky in texture and fully softens and hydrates the skin, it still doesn’t feel greasy or weigh you down, and you can still use it in the morning before applying makeup.
It’s also perfect for those with sensitive skin and even eczema, and alleviates patches and scales.
The best part about the use of this cream? How long it actually lasted, because I was able to use it normally and still feel hydrated.
This product deserves a perfect score for the treatment of very dry skin, and leaves your skin looking more radiant and glowing.
How To Use Dr. Jart Ceramidin Cream
Use Ceramidin Cream either after your regular cleanser or after a serum or oil treatment (as your last step), and gently warm the product in your hands prior to application for a smoother application and better absorption. If used in the AM, you can follow with your regular makeup routine.
Dr. Jart Ceramidin Cream Ingredients & Benefits
For those of us with very sensitive skin, paying close attention to the ingredients contained in skincare products can be just as important as reading labels on food packages sometimes (and making sure there aren’t any known allergies).
Here is a look at some key ingredients in Dr. Jart’s Ceramidin moisturizing cream and its benefits with use:
Patented and unique to Dr. Jart’s Ceramidin Cream, 5-Cera Complex is designed to strengthen and moisturize the skin, even for the most parched and dehydrated types.
From the manufacturer, “Ceramides are our skin’s natural protection barrier. They are composed of intercellular lipids that act as skin’s defense against environmental aggressors and maintain moisture levels. Think of your skin as a brick wall: when it is first built, it is strong and sturdy. Over time, it needs fortification to remain strong. As we age, we lose ceramides, leading to a decrease in elasticity and moisture.”
In other words, this advanced complex supports anti-aging benefits, firms the skin, and provides deep hydration.
- For dry and dehydrated skin: creates a smooth and supple texture, that’s softer and improved in hydration
- For dull or sallow skin: helps restore balance and promotes a younger and more radiant complexion
- Anti-aging benefits: helps diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and signs of hyper-pigmentation and sun damage/sun spots over time with continual daily use
- Suitable for all skin types, helping restore balance in oil production for those with oily or combination skin, and adding moisture for those with dry skin
- Is already a naturally occurring element in the body that depletes over time with age (akin to collagen), requiring restoration to maintain the same youthful appearance, thus highly gentle and safe for sensitive skin and those of all complexions
- Helps to restore depleted hydration and overall appearance of the skin, with the ability to absorb 1000 times its weight in water and a 72 hour moisture hold
- Safe and suitable for all skin types and sensitivities, this ingredient helps restore a supple appearance, smoother aesthetic, and helps replenish depleted hydration
- Maintains deep moisture levels to all layers of the skins dermis
- Suitable for both very dry skin, helps seal and lock in moisture into the surface of the skin
- Anti-aging benefits: treats signs of fine lines, wrinkles, deeper set wrinkles, sun damage, sun spots, and with longterm everyday topical use signs of hyperpigmentation and various pigmentation issues
- Helps to even out both tone and texture, restoring overall balance
- Anti-inflammatory properties help in treating any topical redness or irritation (including those with topical conditions)
- Soothing and nourishing to the skin, cooling, and cleansing (feels refreshing upon application)
- Helps in providing a hydrating cleanse that still leaves skin smooth and free of any dirt or oil, without drying out or stripping the skin of natural oil
- Helps in treating any topical infection and decreasing bacteria on the skin, detoxifying properties
- Attracts moisture to the skin, which is very absorbing and leaves the skin smooth and soft
- Anti-acne benefits: helps prevent acne and bacteria that causes blemishes, decreasing breakouts, blackheads and whiteheads, particularly in the t-zone area
- Helps in depleting any lost hydration and soothes very dehydrated, parched, or irritated skin
- Helps in providing moisture to the skin that is very absorbing and provides a long moisture hold
- Anti-aging benefits: ingredient that helps minimize the appearance of sun damage, lines, and wrinkles, and advanced aging signs like hyper-pigmentation with continual daily use over time
- Packed with nutrients and minerals that benefit overall skin health, help restore skin health, and help maintain glow and a more radiant aesthetic
- Helps in detoxifying pores and removing any dead skin or buildup
- Gentle ingredient that’s typically very suitable for sensitive skin
- Helps in removing dirt, oil, and buildup on the surface of the skin
- Hydrates, softens, detoxifies while providing suitable hydration benefits
- Replenishes vitamins and minerals to the skin, good for the health and aesthetic
- Anti-acne benefits: helps in minimizing breakouts and the bacteria that form new breakouts
Dr. Jart Ceramidin Cream Pros & Cons
Here are some main pros and cons to bear in mind prior to purchase:
- Leaves the skin looking and feeling smooth, soft, supple, and more hydrated
- For dull or sallow skin: helps restore radiance and glow
- Cruelty-free company: company does not test on any animals, use any animal product in any formulations, or during manufacturing processes
- Suitable and safe for all skin types, including the most sensitive (even those with topical conditions, particularly eczema)
- Great for those living in even the coldest climates or harshest conditions, as it creates a protective barrier on the skin with a long moisture hold
- Ideal for normal to very dry skin types, can help alleviate even the roughest and most dry skin
- Does not feel greasy or sticky on the skin and is still breathable
- Did not cause any redness, irritation, breakouts, or rashes even with sensitive and acne-prone skin
- Formulated without any parabens, sulfates, or harsh chemical additives
- Designed to treat and repair any itchiness, redness, discomfort, roughness, or damage
- Anti-aging benefits: helps to repair loss of firmness and elasticity, fine lines and wrinkles, and sun damage
- Helps to minimize the appearance and treat acne scar marks
- Can be paired with Dr. Jart’s Ceramidin Liquid for even more improved results, if desired
- The tube lasts for quite some time (several months), making it a great investment for those with dry skin- especially if you typically overuse products in an attempt to hydrate
- While the price point is not outrageous, some may find it steep for a moisturizer- in comparison with benefits and how long it lasts, and how well it treats dry skin, I found it worth it
Dr. Jart Money-Back Guarantee
If you have very sensitive skin (or price barriers are a concern) or have not used Dr. Jart products in the past, the return and exchange policy in this case may be a highly important factor for you.
The manufacturer, Dr. Jart, has a strong return and exchange policy that honors full refunds upon dissatisfaction or allergy, and this policy favors the consumer, both new and returning.
If you are dissatisfied with the use of Dr. Jart’s Ceramidin Cream, or if it does not work for your skin to provide suitable hydrating skincare and cosmetic benefits, or you experience any product allergy or reaction to the formulation, you may elect to return it at any time.
In this case, you will receive a full refund equal to the entire purchase price of the item.
In this case, the formulation of the moisturizer (as with most Dr. Jart products I have tried in the past) was gentle enough to use even with very sensitive and acne-prone skin and did not cause any irritation or breakouts, but due to any personal sensitivity concerns this policy may help assuage fears, as individual allergies are highly variable. But this product is designed with the most sensitive skin in mind.
Dr. Jart Ceramidin Cream: Worth It?
For all of us ladies and gents suffering from dry, sensitive, and dull skin, Dr. Jart’s Ceramidin moisturizing cream is 100% worth it, and truly does the job.
When you’re experiencing really parched or dehydrated skin and overusing products to dry and compensate, or if you are sensitive and trying to find products to hydrate that won’t break you out, this product lives up to its hype- and then some.
Out of all of the creams and moisturizers I have tried, it’s definitely one of my personal faves, and if a friend with dry and sensitive skin asked for a recommendation, this would make the top of my list.
Dr. Jart’s collection of skincare products (from masks to kits to serums) is excellent in general, but for those with very parched skin who have run out of options, this is an ideal cream that leaves you feeling soft and refreshed.
Absolutely recommended, worthy of its hype, and leaves the skin buttery soft!