Perfect for sensitive skin or use under eye makeup, Kiehl’s Avocado Eye Cream is a rich treatment made with all-natural ingredients that gently hydrate the under-eye area to soothe any dullness, dryness, and leave the area looking supple and dewy.
Many eye creams and serums on the market leave you feeling irritated or with burning or stinging sensations after use, but Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado is made to protect and nourish even very sensitive skin.
It also offers all-day protection with a strong moisture hold, so if when you’re feeling dry or flaky, you can apply the cream and it feels refreshing and moisturizing around the entire area.
It’s mainly designed to treat dryness, puffiness, and create a more youthful-looking under-eye area.
Before we begin, make sure you’re ordering Kiehls from a legitimate retailer, NOT from a counterfeit seller. For your convenience, here is the Amazon link to an authentic Kiehls retailer.
I’ve tried other Kiehl’s Avocado treatments with amazing results and was excited to give this one a spin to see if it was worth it.
Is it worth it for its price? We reviewed so you wouldn’t have to.
Review: Kiehl’s Avocado Eye Cream
Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado is a .5oz under-eye treatment designed to treat signs of dryness, dullness, and dehydration under and around the eyes.
It instantly refreshes and boosts the appearance of the under-eye area, brightens the appearance of any darkness, gives you an awake and refreshed appearance, and feels amazing and refreshing to apply.
Formulated with rich avocado oil, shea butter, and cocoa butter, the naturally based cream actually works to fully revive and refresh the appearance of the eyes and gets rid of any flakiness, dry patches, cracks, and works with a strong moisture hold so you don’t have to continue to reapply it throughout the day.
If you travel frequently, have long work weeks, are feeling stressed, or are in simply in need of a pick-me-up, Kiehls Avocado Eye Cream fixes the solution in a pinch and works to leave you feeling hydrated and silky soft.
The best part about using this eye cream was unlike a lot of competitor products on the market, this one is perfect for not spilling, smudging, or transferring on the eyes, so you don’t have to worry about it burning or irritating the sensitive eye area.
It is specifically made for sensitive eyes and designed to stay right in place where you put it, and also works perfectly under makeup, if you’re going for a dewy and refreshed look and a more vibrant appearance after finishing.
Overall, if you’re feeling dry and dull and in need of a naturally based cream solution that does not burn or irritate, this is the perfect daily go-to.
Kiehls Avocado Eye Cream: How To Use
- Gently apply as the last step of your skincare routine, working the cream from your orbital bone inwards working outwards, making sure not to use any slipping or smudging motions during the process
- In the AM, finish with your regular makeup routine, and in the evening, use this as your last step in any makeup routine using delicate tapping motions
Kiehls Avocado Eye Cream: Ingredients and Benefits
Especially for those of us with sensitive or acne- prone skin (and especially when it comes to eye creams and serums) it can be especially important to check the ingredients in skincare labels to prevent from any potential allergies or irritation. Here are a key list of the main ingredients in Kiehls Avocado Eye Cream and some main benefits to use:
- Provides moisture and hydration, great for treating dry or flaky eyes
- Calms and balances and itchiness, redness, or irritation
- Heals and repairs damaged or chapped skin around the eye areas
- Prevention benefits: shields the eyes from UVA radiation, may act as a natural sunscreen and help in preventative anti-aging and fighting the effects of sun damage
- Protects skin from future damage and dehydration
- Rich in Vitamin E and fatty acids, the epidermis easily absorbs these ingredients and reaps benefits
- Anti-inflammatory benefits help calm any redness and soothe the skin around the eyes
- Anti-aging benefits: helps in speeding up collagen production and reducing signs of aging around the eyes
- Shea butter has emollient properties, which helps the product absorb into the skin around the eyes more effectively
- Contains essential fatty acids, minerals, and vitamins, which support skin health and moisturize the eye areas
- Creates a smooth and soft barrier that seals in moisture into eye areas
- Benefits last for hours, meaning application is not needed very frequently, providing a long moisture hold and adding to product shelf life
- Anti-aging benefits: helps with the treatment of fine lines and wrinkles, circles, and general hydration
- Anti-inflammatory properties help alleviate irritation, milia, and buildup around the eye area
- Provides relief for peeling or itchy skin, or redness around the eyes
- Very suitable for treating sensitive skin, as well as topical conditions
- Improves elasticity of skin, as well as boosting collagen in the skin
- Prevention benefits: helps protect skin from sun damage and environmental stressors the the skin by creating a protective barrier
- Prevents chapping, peeling, and cracking or any dryness from around the eye area from occurring and reduces signs of damage to the eyes
- Anti-aging benefits- helps prevent signs of fine lines, wrinkles, loss of elasticity, firmness, and wrinkles around the eyes and helps prevent signs of future damage
- Perfect for sensitive skin and can help those with topical skin conditions (i.e. eczema, rosacea)
- Rich in antioxidants that support the health of the skin around the eye area and help maintain a healthier looking appearance
- Rich in moisture with a strong hydration hold to lock in water and prevent dry, flaky, or cracked eyes
Kiehls Avocado Eye Cream Pros and Cons
Overall, I felt this was an excellent choice for hydration, circles, and getting rid of any puffiness/circles under the eyes with fresh and clean ingredients and a lovely herbal type scent. It felt refreshing and hydrating on the skin and wasn’t drying at all to use, instead it felt nourishing and cooling as soon as applying, and brightened up the skin right away without being irritating at all.
Here are some main pros and cons to bear in mind prior to purchase with Kiehls Avocado Eye Cream:
- Cruelty-free company: Kiehls does not test any of their products on any animals, use any animal products in any of their formulations, or during any manufacturing processes
- The avocado eye cream is perfect under makeup, and helps with a more dewy, radiant, and glowy finish after application
- There is no slipping, transfers, or smudging, which helps prevent any potential burning or irritation in the eyes
- Safe for all skin types, including oily and acne-prone skin (even with both conditions I experienced no burning, rashes, redness, irritation, or breakouts following use)
- Deeply hydrates even very dry eyes with a long moisture hold, leaving the entire area looking softer, more dewy, supple, and more hydrated
- Anti-aging benefits: the hydration benefits and anti-puffiness effects help create a more youthful look around the eye area, which can help create a younger overall looking appearance
- Kiehls Avocado Eye Cream is both ophthalmologist and dermatologist tested for even the most sensitive eyes and skin
- Formulated with all natural ingredients and free of any harsh chemicals
- Works perfectly to soothe and redness, flaky skin, or peeling around the eyes
- Amazing brightening benefits: works very well to brighten up any darkness under or around the eye areas
- The cream never feels greasy, sticky, heavy, or leaves behind any residue underneath the eye area
- For those concerned about checking product label ingredients, this eye cream does contain a small amount of high grade parabens and sulfates (if that is a concern to you)
- While I found this to be an extremely gentle product for sensitive skin, some users with very sensitive skin types mentioned issues with breakouts or reactions (so as with any skincare product, spot testing is always recommended before use)
Kiehls Money-Back Guarantee Policy
If you have very sensitive or acne-prone skin (or price barriers are a concern given this item’s cost for you) or have not used Kiehl’s skincare products in the past, the return and exchange policy in this case may be a highly important factor for you.
The manufacturer, Kiehl’s, has a strong return and exchange policy that honors full refunds upon dissatisfaction or allergy, and this policy favors the consumer, both new and returning.
If you are dissatisfied with the use of Kiehl’s Avocado Eye Cream, or if it does not work for your skin to provide suitable skincare, eye treatment and general hydrating benefits, or you experience any product allergy or reaction to the formulation, you may elect to return it at any time.
In this case, you will receive a full refund equal to the entire purchase price of the item, if purchased via Amazon (it can’t be guaranteed to apply to individual stores or merchants).
In this case, the formulation of the Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado was quite gentle enough to use even with very sensitive eyes and skin around the eyes and did not cause any irritation or breakouts, and it is designed to be extremely light for all types of skin (and eyes), but spot testing is definitely recommended with this product, as with any topical treatment item, as a few customers have reported allergies to the ingredients in this cream.
Kiehls Avocado Eye Cream: Worth It Winner?
Kiehls Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado is the ideal solution for those looking for a strong moisture hold to enrich dry, flaky, or chapped eyes during any time of year or weather condition.
The avocado eye cream feels rich and cooling when applied and immediately brightens and rejuvenates the appearance of the eye area, making the eyes look younger, and giving and overall younger appearance to the entire face as a result.
Not only does the Avocado Cream feel great on the skin to apply and instantly brightens the skin, it helps dry and dull skin fairly rapidly, and works to provide a strong moisture hold very quickly after use.
While this is not an advanced anti-aging formula for deep set signs of sun damage, crows feet, or pigmentation issues, when you’re in need of a treatment that works for dry eyes and sensitive eyes, this is one of the best creams I’ve found to date.
It’s also perfect to wear under makeup when you need a great dewy finish, and does not slip, smudge, or transfer, unlike a lot of competitors on the market, which can burn and irritate the eyes very easily.
So when you’re in need of a quick fix for dryness and dullness, and if you happen to have very sensitive eyes and have experimented with other creams and serums that burn or irritate your eyes, Kiehls Avocado Treatment is a gentle yet rich moisturizing under-eye formula that beats its competition and leaves you feeling alive and awake again.
Highly recommended for taking much-needed moisture and beauty rest when needed!