I had tried a smaller size of Milk Makeup’s Cooling Water in a duo set along with the amazing Sunshine Oil and was blown away by the results, and ended up purchasing the full size, and finding it more than worthy of its own full review.
While it makes a perfect treatment for de-puffing the under-eye area, and don’t we all need a “cup of coffee” for our eyes in the morning too sometimes? It can also be used to hydrate and refresh the skin, and helps treat redness, inflammation, and general skin puffiness.
When swiped across the skin, it feels cooling and refreshing, and can even be stored in the fridge for an added refresher.
To add to the list of multi-tasking abilities- you can use this as a primer before applying your makeup in the morning for a more even application.
Easy, simple, refreshing, and soothing, all in one product.
We all like products that can solve a few of our problems quickly, which is why I turn to Milk Makeup’s Cooling Water.
Review: Milk Makeup Cooling Water
We all wake up some (or many mornings) with puffy, tired looking, or dark eyes we just wish we had a magic eraser for. With Milk’s Cooling Water, I finally found a product to pull out of the fridge every morning and apply all around my eyes as part of a daily morning ritual to soothe, calm, and visibly restore an awake and refreshed appearance.
Right after applying the Cooling Water, which comes in a 1.2oz stick formulation that’s gentle and feels incredibly hydrating and (of course) cooling, the entire eye area feels more awake. It’s like a cup of coffee for your eyes, but the results are visible in appearance rather than in your head.
You can also use it to apply all over your face to get rid of any inflammation and redness and soothe any irritation, and use it as a primer before makeup for a more even tone and texture. When used as a primer, I’ve noticed I need to use less makeup and foundation in general and have a better starting base, and the finishing look is more even and radiant.
It’s great to use on the face if you’re looking for a more dewy finish and and evenness in texture, or if you wake up with any redness or splotchy skin.
The Cooling Water also never feels sticky, greasy, and is extremely gentle on the skin, even if you’re really sensitive or acne-prone. If you’re a vegan or a fan of gluten-free products, you’ll also appreciate the formula (as with all Milk Makeup products).
While the price point is on the stickier side itself, even with everyday application it lasted me over 3 months, and I found the benefits outweighed the cost itself. I also loved using it with Milk’s Sunshine Oil, if you’re a fan of their other products.
While some found the product did feel a bit sticky, I found it absorbed into the skin very quickly. And especially in terms of working for dark circles near the eyes and puffiness, this product does the job.
As an added hint, if you store Milk’s Cooling Water in the fridge overnight and apply it first thing in the morning it feels absolutely incredible on your skin.
There are no words.
Milk Makeup Cooling Water: How To Apply
You may use Cooling Water in all of the following ways:
Milk Makeup Cooling Water Ingredients
Here is a look at some main ingredients used in the formula of Milk Makeup’s Cooling Water and some benefits with use as a skincare product (it can be especially important to check these if you have sensitive or acne prone skin, as you would the ingredients in the foods you eat/groceries you buy):
- Helps to dramatically reduces puffiness and under eye bags
- Can help reduce under eye circles and darkness around the eye area
- Can help prevent future damage via antioxidant action/preventative treatment
- Anti-aging benefits: tightens and hydrates the skin (temporarily- reapplication will be needed to achieve this)
- Can help minimize the appearance of puffy or swollen skin (near the eye area or on the facial area)
- Over time, can help reduce and prevent the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, sun damage, spots and dark circles
- Helps to detoxify the skin and get rid of dead skin cells, dirt, and oil (exfoliates)
- Treats infections and scars
- Helps boost overall blood flow, resulting in a healthier facial appearance
- Minimizes the appearance of pore size
- For dry skin: helps to hydrate, smoothen, and soften the skin
- Strengthens the skin for a firmer appearance
- Anti-acne benefits: helps to decrease the over production of oil
- Protects the skin from UVA/UVB exposure (preventative anti-aging)
- Antioxidant properties help fight stress and free radical damage
- For dry skin; provides hydration to the skin while helping to treat any redness or irritation present
- Helps minimize the appearance of pore size
- Anti-aging properties; aloe contains beta carotene, vitamin C and E that can help improve the skin’s natural firmness and improve elasticity
- Helps promote a smoother and softer complexion, with more evenness in tone
- Promotes a more radiant, luminous complexion
- Anti-inflammatory properties promote healing and balance, repairing damage from the sun or environment
- May help in treating acne scarring and minimizing the appearance of scar tissue over time
- Anti-acne benefits: aloe fights acne-causing bacteria and breakouts
- Helps to heal skin from any damage, including sun burns
Milk Makeup Cooling Water Pros & Cons
I felt due to the multi-use benefits of this product most of the positives outweighed the cost (which I found to be the downside of this product), the the skincare benefits, especially with regard to refreshing the appearance of the under-eye area and brightening the skin tone in preparation for makeup application when used as a primer, this was definitely a worth it winner.
With that in mind, there was some mixed feedback and user experiences with this specific product, so here is a look at some main positives and negatives to bear in mind prior to purchase:
- Great multi-use product, can be used for the eyes, face, neck, and used as a primer treatment and cosmetics item (but is mostly known for skincare benefits)
- Gentle, nourishing and sensitive, for those who are prone to allergies
- Cruelty-free (vegan) company: company does not test any of its ingredients on any animals, use any animal products during any of its manufacturing processes, or in any of its formulations- including beeswax
- The Cooling water is free of all parabens, sulfates, gluten, talc, and harsh chemical binding agents
- Instantly de-puffs the under-eye area and gives you a more awake and refreshed appearance
- When applied to the entire face, soothes the skin and helps treat redness, inflammation, and general puffiness
- Can be used as a makeup primer, so you need less of your makeup products and have a smoother, more even and radiant finish after application
- Can be applied all over the eyes gently (to the tops and bottoms)
- Safe for all skin types (including sensitive and acne-prone)
- Even with sensitive and acne-prone skin, I experienced no breakouts, redness, skin irritation, reaction, or allergy using the Cooling Water
- Works perfectly with the Sunshine Oil or Hydrating Stick (if you are a fan of other Milk Makeup Studio products)
- Feels incredibly refreshing and cooling to apply, and is not sticky or greasy at all
- Helps to improve the appearance of under-eye dark circles
- Product longevity: while pricey, even with everyday use, it lasted 3+ months, adding value and shelf-life
- Some reviewers felt the product felt “sticky” and “tacky” to apply, and generally not worth the money in terms of overall skincare benefits
- Price point: this item is certainly not inexpensive, and while it does last and provide excellent benefits with great ingredients, it is still definitely a splurge
- While this was not something I noticed personally, some customers did not enjoy the scent of the product (I did not notice a scent and perhaps this is something very unique to individual tastes)
Milk Makeup’s Money-Back Guarantee
If you have very sensitive skin (or price barriers are a concern given this item’s cost for you) or have not used Milk Makeup products in the past, the return and exchange policy in this case may be a highly important factor for you.
The manufacturer, Milk, has a strong return and exchange policy that honors full refunds upon dissatisfaction or allergy, and this policy favors the consumer, both new and returning.
If you are dissatisfied with the use of Milk Makeup’s Cooling Water, or if it does not work for your skin to provide suitable skincare and hydrating benefits, or you experience any product allergy or reaction to the formulation, you may elect to return it at any time.
In this case, you will receive a full refund equal to the entire purchase price of the item, if purchased via Amazon (it can’t be guaranteed to apply to individual stores or merchants).
Milk Makeup Cooling Water: The Final Verdict
Milk Makeup’s Cooling Water is another winner from the popular brand, and the skincare benefits are great with use everyday- especially in terms of the eye area.
The best part about using this product for me was the visible decrease in circles and puffiness underneath and around the eyes, which we all can use sometimes as a needed pick-me-up.
While this isn’t a product I would recommend for advanced anti-aging (i.e. a serum to treat deep set lines around the eyes or damage), when you’re looking to treat circles, de-puff, and treat redness or irritation all over the skin at once- Milk’s Cooling Water is a definite go-to.
Not only that, if you want to use it as a starting base before your regular routine, you can use a bit less makeup product all over the face and finish with a more even tone.
It feels lovely on the skin and works for even the most sensitive types (like Aveeno’s Lotion), including those who are acne-prone or experiencing topical conditions as well.
Multi-use benefits, instant eye refresher, and redness eraser in one? We love it!