It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better Illuminating CC Cream with SPF 50+ is a full coverage skincare and cosmetics coverage product with full coverage for all skin types that comes in a matte and illuminating (or more radiant) finish.
For those of us, myself included, who are usually fans of foundation products (with or without skincare ingredients in them), this CC cream is just like the coverage you would expect from a foundation, only it looks more natural, like a second skin.
I was wondering after reading through all of the awards and “best of beauty awards” where and what all the hype was surrounding It Cosmetics CC Cream, and after testing it out, was pretty impressed by the “second skin” flawless results.
The CC cream offers sun protection, anti-aging and hydrating ingredients, and truly just gives you beautiful looking skin, covering up all of the flaws you’d rather not show and evening out the complexion fully.
So is it worthy of all the magazine write-ups, awards, and hype? We reviewed and tested to answer all your questions.
Review: It Cosmetics Illuminating CC Cream
It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better Illuminating CC Cream with SPF 50 is a 1.08oz color correcting cream with a full coverage designed to hydrate, protect, and anti-aging the skin all while providing the same cosmetic benefits a foundation would- but with a more lightweight and gentle feel on the skin.
As a fan of full or sheer foundation products, the first time I tried this CC cream out I was shocked to find the results were even better than most of the foundation lines I had been using.
The CC Cream felt so lightweight and comfortable on the skin, and provided the exact same (if not better) cosmetic benefits in terms of all day hold, color match, and did not slip, smudge, or transfer throughout the day.
In addition to all of that, it is formulated with an anti-aging serum and generous SPF within the product, to protect against the sun and fight the appearance of all fine lines, wrinkles, sun damage, sun spots, and pigmentation issues at the same time.
While using it, my skin appeared dewy, brighter, glowing and radiant, and one of the best uses it mixing it with your favorite serum. You can apply it using your fingers, a beauty brush, or a beauty blender of your choosing.
While it is not cheap, it is definitely less expensive than a lot of pricier options on the market in terms of foundations in general, and It Cosmetics CC Cream, you can even eliminate the need for a primer (because it promotes so much glow and even texture), a daily SPF product, and experience enhancement benefits like hydration and a more youthful appearance.
Unlike many color correcting products, the skin looks flawless and all flaws can be concealed, rather than highlighted.
It Cosmetics CC Cream Illuminating Ingredients & Benefits
For those of us with sensitive and acne-prone skin, reading and understanding the ingredients contained in skincare ingredients can be as important as those in the labels on the foods we eat or buy, with that in mind, here are a look at some main ingredients contained in It Cosmetic’s Illuminating CC Cream with SPF 50 and some main benefit with use:
- Anti-aging benefits: helps to hydrate, firm, and soften skin at once
- Safe and suitable for all skin types and soothing to sensitive skin, for redness or inflammation
- Provides building blocks of protein to support the skins health
- Stimulates the production of collagen and elastin in the skin, helping prevent future signs of aging
- Significantly reduces signs of fine lines, wrinkles, and sun damage
- For dull or sallow skin: helps to soothe and balance, restoring a refreshed appearance and radiant glow
- Helps visibly brighten and strengthen the skin
- Helps to condition the skin to restore bounce and resilience
- Helps protect against environmental toxins and stressors, such as external pollution and sun damage
- Anti-acne benefits: helps dramatically reduce breakouts and the bacteria that causes acne for those with breakout prone skin
- Helps even out skins natural tone and texture
- Helps erase acne scarring and any discolorations
- Dramatically improves skins elasticity
- Revives natural dewy and radiant complexion
- Helps acts as a natural barrier against sun damage and environmental damage
- Increases circulation to support overall skin health
- Helps even out skin tone and texture
- For dull and sallow skin: helps to restore radiance, fully brightens skin
- Firms, softens, and tightens the skin
- Anti-acne benefits: helps combat acne and blemishes
- Helps treat acne scarring, any scar marks, prevents new scar tissue formation
- Improves the appearance of dark marks and sun spots
- Helps in the treatment of skin conditions, such as psoriasis and eczema
- Helps speed up healing rates and treat redness and irritation on the skin
- Helps to repair sun damage
- Heals treat wounds and skin infections
- Firms and tightens skin, while fighting wrinkles and fine lines (existing and the prevention of new wrinkles from forming)
It Cosmetics Illuminating CC Cream Pros & Cons
I definitely felt this was one of the best brightening, hydrating and full-coverage CC creams I have ever used, and is comparable to a foundation in terms of coverage, but with the benefits of an anti-aging skincare serum. It also has a great color match that lasts throughout the day and uses all natural ingredients that do not dry out, breakout or irritate that skin.
Here are some main pros and cons to bear in mind prior to purchase with It Cosmetics Illuminating CC Cream:
- Cruelty-free company: It Cosmetics does not test its products on any animals, does not use any animal product during any manufacturing processes, or in any product formulations
- Formulated with a natural and full coverage and suitable for all skin types (including sensitive and acne-prone)
- The illuminating finish offers an extra boost of radiance, brightening and hydration to the skin the helps promote a daily glow
- Contains an SPF 50 to protect against UVA/UVB damage and help with preventative anti-aging
- Skincare benefits: improves skin tone, texture, brightness, hydration, anti-aging benefits, and smoothens out the texture of the skin (infused with an advanced anti-aging serum)
- Never clings to dry or dull patches on the skin, and conceals imperfections rather than highlighting them
- Even though it is a CC cream, it does offer full coverage that is still natural
- With over 12 shades in illuminating finishes, the color matches work well for all different complexions, skin tones
- Can be used as your moisturizer, anti-aging serum, concealer, foundation, and sunscreen, based on your coverage needs (highly buildable based on personal preference)
- Perfect for all skin types- including sensitive and acne-prone, even with both conditions I experienced no breakouts, irritation, reaction, redness, or rashes
- Makes the skin look brighter and more hydrated after use, in addition to providing a full coverage that lasts all day that is still highly breathable on the skin
- Color match looks nearly identical and natural in real and artificial lighting
- It Cosmetic’s Illuminating CC Cream is formulated without any parabens, sulfates, or harsh chemical additives that can potentially irritate the skin
- Covers up breakouts, redness, acne scarring, and fine lines and wrinkles without causing them any further irritation
- Does not slip, smudge, or transfer throughout the day
- At $38, this product certainly is not cheap, but is also not a terribly overpriced item and is less in comparison to many high-end foundations on the market that do not offer the same skincare benefits as well as coverage (plus sun protection)
It Cosmetics Money-Back Guarantee-Policy
If you have very sensitive or acne-prone skin (or price barriers are a concern given this item’s cost for you) or have not used It Cosmetics products in the past, the return and exchange policy in this case may be a highly important factor for you.
The manufacturer, It Cosmetics, has a strong return and exchange policy that honors full refunds upon dissatisfaction or allergy, and this policy favors the consumer, both new and returning.
If you are dissatisfied with the use of It Cosmetics Illuminating CC Cream, or if it does not work for your skin to provide suitable skincare, anti-aging and general cosmetic benefits, or you experience any product allergy or reaction to the formulation, you may elect to return it at any time.
In this case, you will receive a full refund equal to the entire purchase price of the item, if purchased via Amazon (it can’t be guaranteed to apply to individual stores or merchants).
In this case, the formulation of the It Cosmetics CC Cream was quite gentle enough to use even with very sensitive and acne-prone skin and did not cause any irritation or breakouts, and it is designed to be extremely light for all types of skin, but spot testing is definitely recommended with this product, as with any topical treatment item (as some users have reported breakouts).
It Cosmetics Illuminating CC Cream: Worth It Winner?
It Cosmetics Illuminating CC Cream has all of the same full coverage (if desired, as it is buildable) benefits of a regular foundation product while feeling incredibly lightweight and comfortable on the skin. It comes in a variety of shades that suit all skin colors and complexions and leave you feeling soft, smooth, hydrated and comfortable.
The finish is radiant and dewy and leaves you with a really soft pretty glow without looking oily or overly shiny, and instead just leaves the skin looking and feeling very luminous.
The hold stays in place all day comfortably and isn’t a product you want to rush to take off at the end of the day because it ends up feeling uncomfortable, as it sits on the skin without feeling like you’re wearing anything.
Plus, It Cosmetics Illuminating CC Cream leaves your skin looking brighter and moisturized, with an even tone, as if you’ve used a beauty blending product and primer, even if you haven’t.
In addition to all of this, the sun protecting factor is quite generous, protecting your face from harmful UVA/UVB rays in all climates and temperatures, and the product contains an anti-aging serum, which works to both prevent signs of future aging and address existing wrinkles, lines, sun spots, sun damage, and pigmentation issues.
For a fairly modest price, this CC cream packs a powerful punch and does quite a lot for a single product, which is why we give it a thumbs up worth it for its price “seal of approval” stamp.
When you’re in need of coverage that won’t weigh you down and don’t want to break the bank by splurging on a bunch of other cosmetics products at the same time, this multi-use skincare product is a must-have in your makeup case.
Definitely worthy of all the write-ups, awards, and hypes.
This beats a lot of “fancy” foundations on the market and is highly recommended!