I was seeking an advanced antioxidant serum that wouldn’t break the bank with natural ingredients and came across TruSkin Naturals Vitamin C Serum, a cruelty-free multi-use skincare treatment designed for anti-aging repair.
Like you, I’ve tested out all of the skincare creams and products available on the market claiming to erase time overnight and repair wrinkles, and scoured the internet for lower cost alternatives that might actually work.
Initially, I was a bit doubtful given its price point in comparison to competitor products on the market.
But after reading through thousands of glowing (pun-intended) reviews, I decided to save to some money on pricier alternatives and try out TruSkin Naturals.
I also wanted to compare this Vitamin C serum to some of the pricier competitors available.
This review will cover some main product features on TruSkin Naturals Vitamin C Serum, some ingredients and benefits with use, some pros and cons to bear in mind, and a final verdict to help you make a more informed purchasing choice.
Review: TruSkin Naturals Vitamin C Serum
After using TruSkin Naturals Vitamin C Serum (1oz) for only about two weeks I started noticing a brighter, more even skin tone, reduced redness, and an overall more radiant (glowing) complexion.
Having tried pricier competitors packed with Vitamin C available, I can safely say this serum works just as well-if not better- that the alternatives available. And I felt like I had wasted some money in retrospect.
Even with sensitive and acne-prone skin, if anything I noticed a decrease in the appearance of breakouts, and my skin felt smoother and softer after using this as a twice daily treatment.
The texture was very lightweight but felt extremely hydrating even with very dry skin, and was very absorbing without any greasy or sticky texture or residue left behind.
While I noticed an overall brightened and glowing appearance while using TruSkin, and a definitely decrease in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, I would not compare any Vitamin C serum to an advanced anti-aging product (such as a retinol or lactic acid treatment).
While it helps with treating signs of sun damage, acne scarring and of hyperpigmentation over time, if you are seeking a treatment for deeper set lines I would advise using this with another weekly or daily treatment that’s a bit more aggressive for faster results.
TruSkin Naturals Vitamin C Serum Ingredients
Especially if you have sensitive or acne-prone skin, you may be interested in the ingredients contained in your skincare products and their benefits with use (and any potential allergies you may have).
Here is a look at some key ingredients in TruSkin’s Vitamin C Serum and some corresponding benefits with use:
- Anti-acne benefits: combats acne and bacteria that causes acne and new blemishes from forming
- Anti-aging benefits (for preventative concerns); aloe contains beta carotene, vitamin C and E that can help improve the skin’s natural firmness and improve elasticity, and create a natural protective barrier to combat environmental damage
- Soothes burned skin and redness
- Anti-inflammatory properties promote healing and topical irritation
- Effective healing properties to the skin, helps repair and nurture tissue, helps treat any damage
- Helps to moisturize and hydrate
- Softens and hydrates dry skin without clogging pores, leading to a glowing complexion and helps minimize the appearance of pore size
- Anti-aging benefits: helps treat signs of fine lines, wrinkles, and improves the skins elasticity
- Helps restore radiance in dull or sallow skin
- Helps reduce signs of hyper-pigmentation and sun damage or dark spots over time
- For those with oily or combination skin: helps to restore normal oil balance/production
- Helps fully restore moisture to the skin, even very dry skin types
- Is already a naturally occurring element in the body that depletes over time with age (akin to collagen), and is a safe and natural ingredient for all skin types
- Helps to restore depleted hydration and overall appearance of the skin, with the ability to absorb 1000 times its weight in water and a 72 hour moisture hold
- Helps restore a a smoother, softer, and more even skin tone and complexion with more balance in texture
- Anti-acne benefits: reduces inflammation, and decreases oil and redness, fights any surface dirt, oil, or buildup
- Minimizes damage from previous sun damage or exposure
- May help minimize the appearance of large pore size
- Fights signs of aging and contains anti-aging properties caused by dehydration and sun damage
- Treats topical skin conditions such as eczema
- Antibacterial properties help expedite healing times for scars and infection, or any irritation
- Nourishes dry skin, promotes hydration and moisture while fighting acne-causing bacteria and excess oil, helps prevent future breakouts
- Extremely gentle and nourishing, this ingredient is designed to be soothing
- Helps in reducing the appearance of cuts, discoloration and irritation
- Anti-inflammatory benefits: helps speed up healing rates, great for treating redness, soothing topical abrasions, and any skin irritation
- Safe for all skin types, including acne-prone skin, may offer benefits including decreasing breakouts and preventing acne-causing bacteria
- For dull or sallow skin: restores radiance, leaving skin hydrated and glowing
- Brightens the skin and reduces signs of uneven tone and discoloration, promoting an even and smooth overall tone for an even aesthetic after application, with longterm continual daily use helps in decreasing signs of hyper-pigmentation
- Helps heal sunburns and promotes skin repair after exposure to UVA/B radiation, acts as a natural sun protective factor to help heal future damage as well (preventative anti-aging)
- For dry skin: improves hydration and moisture, helps bind moisture into the skin and restores any depleted hydration, promoting a smoother aesthetic
- Anti-aging benefits: helps reduce the appearance of lines, wrinkles, and sun damage
- Restores tone and texture, leaving the skin feeling soft and smooth
- Provides a barrier for the skin to protect against sun, environmental, and free radical damage
- Moisturizes the skin and provides hydration even for very dry skin types
- Jojoba oil is rich in antioxidants for moisture and nourishment, supports skin health
- Leaves skin looking and feeling soft, smooth and restored
- Anti-aging benefits: over time and with continual daily use, may help in the treatment of fine lines, wrinkles, sun spots, and signs of pigmentation
- Works in tandem with other ingredients in the formulation and contains vitamins and minerals to support overall skin quality, complexion and health
- For those with combination or oily skin: helps reduce excess oil production and promotes balance of oils to the skin, reducing breakouts and promoting even tone
- Helps restore glow and radiance for those with dull or sallow complexions
- Safe for sensitive skin and topical conditions, and may even act as an aid in the treatment of acne, eczema and sunburns
- Lighter than other many other oils, preventing a greasy or sticky feeling on the skin
Truskin Naturals Vitamin C Serum Pros & Cons
Here are some main positives and negatives to bear in mind prior to purchase:
- Cruelty-free company: company does not test on any animals, use any animal product during any manufacturing processes, or use any animal product in its formulations
- At under $20, TruSkin Naturals Vitamin C Serum
- Anti-aging benefits: skin appears smoother, softer, brighter, firmer, with less fine lines and wrinkles, and there is a visible decrease in pore size
- Anti-acne benefits: for those who are prone to acne or breakouts, the ingredients help to prevent the formation of new acne and help treat existing blemishes
- The formulation is all natural and plant based, and free of any harsh chemicals, irritating binding agents, parabens, sulfates, mineral oils, or talc
- Helps reverse signs of sun damage: helps in minimizing the appearance of dark spots, accumulated environmental damage and sun marks
- Works well in improving the appearance of scarring and acne scar marks
- I found the results were pretty unbelievable in terms of comparing this serum to competitors on the market at 2-5 times the cost, and would highly recommend this product in comparison to a brand name formulation (unless you are already a fan), to save
- Product longevity: 1 oz of product goes a very long way as minimal use is needed even with everyday application
- It can be used around the under eye area and helps improve the appearance of fine lines, dark circles, and wrinkles
- Suitable for all skin colors and complexions
- Safe for those of all skin types (including sensitive and acne-prone), excluding any specific allergies)
- The only con in this case, that I did not personally experience, is there seems to be a high percentage of users that experienced an allergic reaction to the Vitamin C serum (which can be an active ingredient for very sensitive skin)- so spot testing is always important, and the money-back guarantee policy applies even if you have tried the product already
Especially if you have very sensitive skin or have not used any Vitamin C containing treatments or serums in the past, the return and exchange policy in this case may be a highly important factor for you.
The manufacturer, TruSkin Naturals, has a strong return and exchange policy that honors full refunds upon dissatisfaction or allergy, and this policy favors the consumer, both new and returning.
If you are dissatisfied with the use of the serum, or if it does not work for your skin to provide suitable hydrating or anti-aging skincare benefits, or you experience any product allergy or reaction to the formulation, you may elect to return it at any time.
In this case, you will receive a full refund equal to the entire purchase price of the item.
It is important to note this specific manufacturer has a 90 day money-back guarantee policy, so you must return the item (used or not) within that time frame).
I was happy to discover that the formulation was gentle enough to use even with very sensitive skin and did not cause any irritation or breakouts following use, but due to any personal sensitivity concerns this policy may help assuage fears, as individual allergies are highly variable.
Spot testing is always recommended prior to trying new topical products.
TruSkin Naturals Vitamin C Serum: Worth It?
TruSkin Naturals Vitamin C Serum is definitely one of the best skincare treatments I have tried, particularly given its price point, for softening and brightening benefits.
We’re all seeking a softer, more even, and glowing complexion and brightening benefits on a budget- so why splurge on name brand products if you can get one with the same results for a fraction of the cost?
Although I admit I was initially skeptical, after trying this Vitamin C serum out, I can’t see any differences between this product and “fancier” name brand items.
It provides all of the same brightening benefits and leaves the skin soft and dewy.
5/5 stars for value, price point, and benefits with use.