After a strong recommendation from a friend in the cosmetics industry, I decided to try out Valjean Labs’ (in its most popular formulation, “G “).
I’ll admit, at first, I was skeptical, especially because is so low priced compared to it’s competitors.
Just like you, I spent some time reading various online reviews before buying it myself.
The also comes in different formulations- including “firm,” “ ,” “clarify” and “restore,” but for the purposes of review and as bestseller, I opted for the “ ” .
The is packed with and extremely lightweight in texture, and it absorbs into the quite rapidly following application, particularly if used after a suitable cleanser or toning .
can be used as an anti-aging and a preventative treatment, and also tends to improve signs of overall , brightness, and .
This review will cover some main and features, some pros and cons to bear in mind prior to purchase, a look at some key contained in the formulation and their benefits with use.
Does it work or is it hype?
We reviewed first and tested it out so you wouldn’t have to.
Review: Valjean Labs Facial Serum
in “ ” is a 1.83 ounce designed to be used after a and/or after using a toner, and followed by a cream or moisturizer if desired. You only need a so it lasts a while.
At first, the feels a tiny bit sticky to apply, but it soaks into the immediately and is extremely absorbing, so it never feels greasy or heavy on the , and the sticky feeling dissipates instantly.
It’s lovely to use at night before bed, mix with a cream, or use prior to a makeup application as you would a primer for a more radiant finish following application.
Rich in both Vitamin C and , the is suitable for all types, including sensitive and acne-prone, and works to brighten your , promote a more even tone and texture, restore if there is any sallowness or dull , and protect against all of the signs of aging by creating a suitable barrier on the surface level of the to prevent UVA/UVB and environmental damage.
The Valjean Labs is also free of any parabens, harsh chemical odors, fragrance, or binding agents that can be potentially harmful to the .
After testing it out, I would say it is definitely worthy of the hype in comparison to its price point (and in general), and the in its formulation are lovely.
There are not many other products, if any, you can find that provide this level of efficacy with use at this price range.
At only $14, Valjean Labs’ serums are definitely one of the best skincare treatments at its price point I have tried to date and results are visible- with improvements including a brightened , more even tone and texture, a dewy aesthetic, as well as an overall appearance of restored and balanced hydration.
In our featured video for our review, supermodel Sanne Vloet discusses her daily regimen, where she uses the in “” religiously every evening despite her limit-free budget (*video credit to Youtube channel-Sanne Vloet*).
For those with very sensitive or acne-prone types, we may be cautious about using any skincare products (which is completely fair, given prior experiences or negative reactions with serums or skincare products).
With that in mind, here are some key contained in the of Valjean Labs’ (in “ “) and corresponding benefits with everyday topical use:
- For those with : helps maintain moisture and helps restore any depleted hydration
- Helps to improve luminosity and brightens the in those with dull or sallow types
- Helps to reduce , irritation, topical irritation, and provides calming and nourishing benefits
- Anti-acne benefits: helps in treating and preventing and the bacteria that cause new acne blemishes to form on the
- Protects against free radical damage and creates a suitable barrier on the to protect against environmental and sun damage, preventing new damage and assisting with preventative anti-aging
- Anti-aging benefits: helps maintain its natural elasticity, for a more plumped and youthful finishing aesthetic following application
- Anti-aging benefits: antioxidant-rich vitamin C helps boost collagen production and elasticity, diminishing the appearance of any wrinkles or fine lines
- Natural anti-inflammatory benefits: helps to expedite healing rates, great for treating redness, soothing topical abrasions, and any skin irritation
- Safe and suitable for all skin types, including acne-prone skin, may offer benefits including decreasing breakouts and preventing acne-causing bacteria (for more on anti-acne benefits, check out our review on Neutrogena’s Oil Free Acne Wash)
- Treats signs of sallowness or dullness on the skin and improves and restores radiance, leaving skin hydrated and glowing
- Brightens the skin naturally and reduces signs of uneven tone and discoloration, promoting an even and smooth overall tone for an even aesthetic after application, with longterm continual daily use helps in decreasing signs of hyper-pigmentation
- Helps heal sunburns and promotes skin repair after everyday exposure to UVA/B radiation, acts as a natural sun protective factor to help heal future damage as well (preventative care)
- Improves hydration and moisture, helps bind moisture into the skin and restores any depleted hydration, promoting a smoother aesthetic
- Works in tandem with the magnesium in the formulation to support overall skin health and restore vibrance and radiance
- Helps to prep the skin prior to makeup application and deliver the most radiant finishing aesthetic with a smooth and vibrant glow, if used as a primer
- Helps promote balance, and more even tone and texture
Pros and Cons
Here are some key pros and cons to bear in mind prior to purchase with the product:
- Safe and suitable for all types, including sensitive and acne-prone , with a very gentle formulation
- Incredibly that still proves hydrating and never leaves the face feeling greasy or leaves any residue behind
- Even with sensitive and acne-prone , I did not experience any topical irritation, , or following the use of the
- Cruelty-free company: Valjean Labs does not test on any animals, does not use any animal in its formulations, and does not use any animal during manufacturing processes
- The leaves the looking fresh, radiant, soft, smooth, and fully hydrated
- Over time and with continual daily use, the offers both preventative and retroactive anti-aging benefits
- At only $14, Valjean Labs’ is the best I have tried to date within this price range that offers visible benefits with use
- The is free of any parabens, sulfates, odor-free, and devoid of any harsh chemical additives
- Suitable for those of different age ranges- ideal for preventative benefits in younger consumers and also suitable for more mature consumers
- For those with dull : the “ ” formulation is ideal for restoring and improving vibrance, while leaving the feeling “baby soft” following use
- Can be combined with a foundation or makeup item to extend the duration or smoothen application, especially with matte finish products that cling to dry patches
- The only downside I felt in using this was it felt a tiny bit sticky upon application, however it is extremely absorbing and rapidly glides on to the , without leaving a sticky sensation on the face or any sense of grease/heaviness
Depending on your you can also try out some of the other Valjean Labs also offers four other serums:
Valjean Labs Money-Back Guarantee
Especially if you are new to the Valjean Labs, the return policy in this case may be a highly important factor for you.
The manufacturer, Valjean Labs, has a strong return and exchange policy that honors full refunds upon dissatisfaction or allergy, and this policy favors the consumer, both new and returning. If you are dissatisfied with the use of the , or if it does not work for your to provide suitable hydrating or general skincare benefits, or you experience any allergy or reaction to the formulation, you may elect to return it at any time. In this case, you will receive a full refund equal to the entire purchase price of the item.
If the item was received as a gift (without receipt), the policy applies for an even exchange, and this policy is applicable to online purchase, as individual store policy may vary depending on location and distributer.
Valjean Labs Facial Serum: Worth It Winner?
If you are on the hunt for an inexpensive that provides actual results following use, brightens and evens out the , and leaves the with a glowing and radiant finishing aesthetic, I would definitely recommend Valjean Labs’ in “ “.
It is by far the best at its price point I have tried to date that actually offers visible results with use, employs clean and natural in its formulation, and is suitable and gentle enough for all types- even those with very sensitive (excluding any specific allergies).
Instead of spending your money on an overpriced topical with the same , I would strongly recommend the as an alternative, as it is packed with Vitamin C and nutrients akin to “ food” and works just as well as more expensive competitor products on the market. It has become one of my in my routine.
My only surprise, pleasantly, with this , is it does not cost more (aren’t we usually left feeling the opposite with topical treatments?)
Overall, highly recommended!