Laneige’s Lip Sleeping Mask is an overnight leave-on treatment designed to soothe and repair even the most dry, dehydrated, and chapped lips.
In any climates and especially during colder winter months, sometimes we experience dry and cracked lips that simply can’t be healed or repaired with any over the counter lip balm. We all know those products we continue applying every day, only to be left dry and cracked again an hour later.
Laneige has created a treatment to repair and hydrate the lips while you’re sleeping, enriched with antioxidants and Vitamin C, in two delicious flavors.
Lately, this product has gotten a whole lot of hype, especially for an overnight lip sleeping mask, which makes anyone, especially a beauty junkie, very curious.
You simply apply the treatment (the original is aa mix of sweet raspberry, strawberry, cranberry, and blueberry, or you can pick the vanilla flavor), wipe away any excess, and leave it on overnight to heal any damage and prevent from future damage.
So is Laneige’s Lip Sleeping Mask worth all of its hype? We reviewed first to fill you in.
Review: Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask
It’s rare that any single lip product, especially an overnight sleeping mask product, would get the type of “hype” that Langeige’s Lip Sleeping Mask has. The popular K-beauty line is usually famed for their gentle line of Korean skincare products that work for anti-aging and promoting radiance and the growing “glass skin” trend.
While the skincare products work and are wonderful, the Lip Sleeping Mask was something I was initially skeptical about spending money on, even while experiencing very dry, cracked, and rough lips.
After strong recommendations and reading through enough reviews, I was convinced that this was a splurge that was not only worth the money, it ultimately saves you on replacing even the cheapest drugstore brand lip balms and products all of the time because they simply don’t seem to work no matter how frequently you apply them.
I first tried the original Laneige overnight Lip Sleeping Mask, an infusion of light berries (that tastes natural without any chemical tastes or perfumes), and reminds me of fresh raspberries.
It glides on smoothly with the applicator provided and doesn’t feel sticky or tacky on your lips, and you can use a generous or small coating depending on your preference.
I woke up in the morning to lips that were smooth, soft, and completely refreshed. There was no more cracking, peeling, or roughness, and using a soft clean cloth I was able to gently ged rid of any excess.
While for the category it isn’t cheap, it feels like a luxury and indulgence you would experience at a spa, and for all of us who suffer from extremely dry, peeling, and cracked lips, this is a must- have.
If you’re not a fan of berry, I also tried out the vanilla flavor, which was a warm and also delicious product with the exact same benefits and great ingredients. It’s a bit more neutral, and extremely calming and relaxing, especially right before bedtime.
An additional benefit on top of smooth kissable lips?
You can use this before any matte lipstick or lip product to ensure your lips don’t dry out and it has a 72-hour moisture hold, so you can pretty much set it and forget it.
Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask: How To Use
- Use the supplied applicator to dispense an even and generous amount of product
- Gently apply and coat to your lips (without any other product on them)
- Gently wipe or cleanse of with a clean tissue or towel in the AM
- If there is any excess peel at night, gently remove using a clean cloth and continue overnight use
Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask: Pros and Cons
Overall, I found Laneige’s Lip Sleeping Mask not only left my lips feeling hydrated, soft, smooth and supple every morning, it was definitely worth the small amount of extra money to pay for a product that lasted a long time and didn’t require frequent reapplying every day (and repurchasing all the time), which actually seemed like saving money in the long run. It also tasted amazing, felt luxurious to apply, and left my lips without any cracking, rough patches, or dry flakes. It is definitely hype worthy and and is the perfect remedy when you need a quick fix for lips that are rough and peeling.
With that in mind, here are some key pros and cons to consider prior to purchase with Laneige’s Lip Sleeping Mask:
- The active moisture hold lock creates a barrier on the lips that means you don’t have to keep reapplying a product, using this once leaves your lips feeling fresh, baby soft, and supple when you wake up after applying it at bedtime
- Cruelty-free company: company does not test any of their products on any animals, use any animal product in any of their formulations, or during any manufacturing processes
- Laneige’s Lip sleeping mask is formulated with natural ingredients and free of any parabens, sulfates, or irritating chemical ingredients that can cause toxic reactions over times or be irritating on the skin
- Safe for all skin types and extremely gentle: even with sensitive skin/lips the product did not cause any breakouts, rashes, redness, skin irritation, or reactions
- Enriched with Vitamin C and antioxidants, the lip sleeping mask helps the lips stay strong, hydrated, and healthy with a long moisture hold, and helps prevent future damage
- Helps repair cracks, flakiness, dryness, rough patches, and skin that can’t seem to be treated using regular balms and creams alone
- The regular original formula is a sweet berry complex mix of raspberry, strawberry, cranberry, and blueberry extracts that tastes delicious when applied and goes on smoothly (and also smells lovely)
- Any excess cracking or chapping that comes off can easily be removed with a cloth without any product coming off before bed (and the product still works just as well overnight)
- Laneige’s sleeping mask is dermatologist tested and safe for even highly sensitive skin types, if you’re prone to acne or rashes
- While pricey, a little product goes a long way and at 20g of product, this is not that expensive in comparison to many competitors (which don’t work as well)
- My lips stayed smooth, supple, and smooth throughout the day without the need for any balm and it worked better than any other lip scrub or mask I have tried in comparison
- The vanilla flavor (while I personally preferred the original) is also warm and crisp and tastes delicious to apply, I would recommend it to anyone not a fan of berry/fruity flavors
- Comes with an applicator which makes the product easy to apply and not messy
- Does not feel greasy, sticky, or heavy to sleep with on or leave any messes on your pillows or linens
- When used with a nightly skincare treatment or your regular regimen as a last step, this really feels like an indulgent treat and you wake up in the morning feeling refreshed and revived
- Price point: the only downside with this product is that for the price point, this is still a splurge for most of us for the lip cosmetics category for some of us, but it does last so long, and instead of running out of lip balm products all the time, having a product that feels luxurious that actually works and lasts for quite some time seems very worth the price
Laneige Cosmetic’s Money-Back Guarantee Policy
If you have very sensitive skin or lips (or price barriers are a concern given this item’s cost for you) or have not used Laneige Cosmetics products in the past, the return and exchange policy in this case may be a highly important factor for you.
The manufacturer, Laneige Cosmetics, has a strong return and exchange policy that honors full refunds upon dissatisfaction or allergy, and this policy favors the consumer, both new and returning.
If you are dissatisfied with the use of Laneige’s Lip Sleeping Mask, or if it does not work for your lips to provide moisturizing and/or deep overnight hydrating benefits, or you experience any product allergy or reaction to the formulation, you may elect to return it at any time.
In this case, you will receive a full refund equal to the entire purchase price of the item, if purchased via Amazon (it can’t be guaranteed to apply to individual stores or merchants).
*If your lips turn red, swell, or burn after application, remove the product with cold water and discontinue usage*
Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask: Worth It Winner?
While it may seem silly to some to indulge in an overnight sleeping mask, for those of us who experience dry, rough, and truly cracked lips during any season of the year, we know it can turn into actual pain if we don’t do anything about it.
And for those of use makeup and cosmetics junkies who continue to use matte lipsticks and products that can make the situation even worse, Laneige’s Sleeping Mask doubles as a treatment that can be used right before any lip makeup to hydrate.
When used right before bed, the treatment is not only luxurious and, quite honestly, tasty, it feels like a relaxing “spa type” experience especially when used as a final treatment after your nightly skincare routine.
Not only does the sleeping mask taste delicious, it completely eliminates the need for all lip balms, moisturizers, and over the counter chapsticks that we spend more money on and end up having to reapply throughout the day over and over again anyways.
So when you’re in need of true deep hydration that lasts and a simple indulgence that gets rid of painful cracked lips, Laneige’s Lip Sleeping Mask is definitely worthy of its recent hype.
It does the job, it lasts, and it leaves you feeling smooth. It also doesn’t hurt that you’re that much more kissable, even first thing in the morning!