Ole Henriksen’s Power Peel Transforming Facial System was inspired by the number one facial service at the brands famous salon, and the product itself was created after a celebrity demanded an at-home and travel version for on-the-go (hello luxury).
Designed for all types of skin and gentle enough for sensitive skin types, the Power Peel is a professional-grade AHA peel and microdermabrasion system that comes in pre-packets, so you can get your salon glow on from the comfort of your own home in your pajamas or with your favorite Netflix binge.
One of the best parts of the clinical strength peel system is the results are instant after just a single use, and unlike a spa-service treatment, if the product doesn’t work for you for any reason, there’s always a return option (but this is actually one of the best salon grade products on the market, so there’s no need to think negatively).
So is Ole Henriksen’s Power Peel Transforming Facial System worth it for its price?
We reviewed this luxurious treat first, so you wouldn’t have to.
Review: Ole Henriksen Power Peel
Ole Henriksen’s Power Peel Transforming Facial System is a 3-part facial treatment designed to fully restore and resurface skin, even after only one use.
It comes with 6 packs per purchase (which can be broken down into different uses if stored tightly if desired), and each can be used about once per week.
The ingredients in the Power Peel are quite active and designed to be like your own at home facial peel, and with clinical strength in each included product, every treatment feels like you’re giving yourself a salon-level type mini-peel at home.
Although the Power Peel claims to be gentle enough for sensitive skin, I have to admit I was fairly nervous before my first time using the product as someone fairly sensitive and acne prone.
However, while it does produce a slight tingly sensation and a minimal amount of redness following use (not like an allergy), my skin did not break out, and I didn’t experience any rashes, hives, burning, or irritation at all.
I was also shocked by the rapid results of the Power Peel. After a single use, my skin looked the brightest, cleanest, and most radiant it has in months, and this product was like taking a trip to the salon and getting an actual facial. My skin felt smooth and soft, and the texture seemed nearly perfect.
Using it in sessions over time, results got even better, and I noticed younger looking skin, more radiance in general, healthier looking skin, improved clarity, and nearly invisible looking pores.
This is certainly a luxury item, but if you’re looking to skip out on the time and money of pricey facials and peels at the salon (which you can’t return), this is the only product I’d recommend that even comes close to an at home dermabrasion type treatment or peel.
It feels so good, and looks so good.
Ole Henriksen Power Peel: How To Use
Ole Henriksen’s Power Peel is a three step system that comes in 6 individual packets, but is very user friendly and quite easy to get started with. You can use it by following these steps:
- Polish the skin- apply the Transforming Almond Facial Polish to clean damp skin and massage for one to two minutes, removing dead skin cells and impurities (like the Acure facial scrub we previously reviewed), follow by rinsing with warm water and provided complexion sponges (pat dry)
- Apply the Instant Transformation Lemon Facial Peel on a clean dry face evenly and leave on for two minutes (do not rinse off)
- Let sit for two minutes, then apply Hygge HydraClay Detox Mask (over the Lemon Peel) and blend evenly, let sit for 10-15 minutes, and rinse using the provided complexion sponges
- Spot test this product prior to use due to the active ingredients in the product
- Use once per week, recommended at night
- Use with a sunscreen or SPF containing product during the day
Ole Henriksen Power Peel: Pros and Cons
Ole Henrikensen’s Power Peel is definitely the best at-home salon quality peel type dermabrasion treatment I have tried, and was amazed that it was safe and worked even with sensitive skin. This is a perfect option if you’re looking for a treatment that works instantly, and provides anti-aging benefits with an instant kick of radiance that can be done from the comfort of your own home.
While it is safe for sensitive and all skin types, those with the most sensitive skin may still have to be cautious with this treatment as it is very active and powerful, so spot testing is always recommended. It is also pricey, although compared to the benefits you see in your skin immediately it definitely feels worth it.
Here are a look at some key pros and cons to consider with the Power Peel prior to purchase:
- The best at-home peel and facial type treatment (over the counter) I have ever tried, that compares to results you would get from salon treatments and peels
- Cruelty-free company: company does not test products on any animals, use any animal products in any of its formulations or during any of its manufacturing processes
- This is the closest treatment you can get to an at-home microdermabrasion and resurfacing treatment, without the salon costs or time
- The Power Peel does not contain any parabens, sulfates, mineral oils, or harsh chemical binding agents in any of its included steps/in this product
- Safe for all skin types: the Power Peel is gentle enough even for sensitive and acne-prone skin, and with both of these skin types I did not experience any redness, rashes, irritation, or breakouts following use
- Results are visible after first time use: even after using the Power Peel once, skin looks and feels brighter, smoother, softer, more radiant, and visibly resurfaced (it is stronger than any single use overnight mask or single use treatment I have tried in terms of a product strong enough to work so quickly)
- Detoxifies skin: lifts away dirt, oils, and any impurities and promotes clarity and brighter skin
- Anti-aging benefits: helps speed up the cellular turnover process to promote smoother, younger, and softer looking skin while decreasing the appearance of any fine lines, wrinkles, sun damage, sun spots, and discoloration
- Minimizes pore size and tightens the appearance of skin around the nasal and t-zone area
- Leaves the skin looking fresh, smooth, soft, and glowing (and generally healthier) immediately
- Safe for those with acne-prone skin and can help in treating signs of acne scar marks
- Unlike with salon treatments, if your skin disagrees with this product, you can return it upon any potential allergy
- The box comes with 6 packs for uses, however if sealed properly/tightly enough you can usually safely extend each of of these into 2 uses per pack, adding value
- The scent is lovely without being overpowering
- My skin looked healthier, brighter, and even more youthful/glowing after a single treatment (over time with weekly sessions results continue to improve)
- When used before applying makeup, the finish looks flawless and radiant
- You may experience some slight tingling, redness, or burning with or after use- this does not necessarily mean you are allergic to the product, and can be a normal reaction for many users especially after the first or second time using the peel (it goes away quite quickly)- if you experience rashes, hives, irritating, or other reactions, this indicates allergy
- It’s important to use a sunscreen or SPF product the day after use, as the product does contain AHA as an ingredient, which can make the skin more vulnerable to exposure
- Price point: compared to value and how long it lasts (and incredible benefits with salon quality results), the price does seem worth it for what it is, however the product definitely is not cheap at $50
Ole Henriksen’s Money-Back Guarantee Policy
Especially if you are new to the brand or have fears considering the price point in this case, the return and exchange policy may be a highly important factor for you prior to purchase.
The manufacturer, Ole Henriksen, has a strong return and exchange policy that honors full refunds upon dissatisfaction or allergy, and this policy favors the consumer, both new and returning. If you are dissatisfied with the use of the Power Peel, or if it does not work for your skin to provide suitable skincare or anti-aging benefits, or you experience any product allergy or reaction to the formulation, you may elect to return it at any time.
In this case, you will receive a full refund equal to the entire purchase price of the item. If the item was received as a gift (without receipt), the policy applies for an even exchange, and this policy is applicable to online purchase, as individual store policy may vary depending on location and distributer.
We can only guarantee that this policy applies to Amazon purchases, and cannot guarantee specific store/outside merchant return policies.
Ole Henriksen Power Peel: Worth It For Winner?
When you’re in need on an instant boost that works like a salon treatment at home and will provide anti-aging benefits, rapid repair, and a boost of radiance after a first time use (although we highly recommend trying this out once before using it before a big event), Ole Henriksen’s Power Peel is absolutely the way to go and worth it for its price.
Due to the high quality ingredients used and the benefits gained with several treatments over time (and even one single use), this is one of the best professional quality products you can buy and use from the comfort of your own home.
While it isn’t a complete laser resurfacing treatment, it’s the closest thing to an at-home mini-peel I have found on the market, and can completely change the look and feel of the skin and its texture instantly.
Not only does it give you that perfect instant glow and boost of vibrance, doing weekly sessions over time helps fade acne scarring, decreases the appearance of lines, wrinkles, sun damage, and fully resurfaces the skin.
While the celebrity who demanded this treatment become an at-home product remains a mystery, it’s no secret to us why she or he did. It works, and it can now be done by us “regular folks” while we are simply lounging around.
I’ve never taken off a product and had my skin look as bright, glowing, and clear before.
Highly recommended, and quite the indulgent treat!