We’re all looking for softer, smoother hair and an end to split ends, and with Pureology’s Strength Cure Split End Salve Treatment, we may have finally found a solution to an ever-present annoying problem.
Pureology’s Strength Cure is a leave in treatment designed to strengthen damage and color-treated hair, reinforce hair cuticles, and smoothen and repair damaged split ends. For those with color treatments, it’s also designed to reinforce and maintain color vibrancy (as with the entire Pureology collection).
But for any hair type, even for those of us just suffering from the effects of environmental damage or who haven’t gotten a trim in a while, Strength Cure promotes softer, shinier, and more vibrant hair. The formula also uses all natural ingredients and is 100% vegan and cruelty-free.
So is Pureology’s Strength Cure worth it at its price to finally get rid of those annoying split ends we all look at and think about chopping off on our own sometimes?
We reviewed so you wouldn’t have to.
Review: Pureology Strength Cure
Pureology’s Strength Cure Split End Salve Treatment is a 1.7 oz leave in treatment product designed to treat and prevent split ends while maintaining color hold, vibrancy, and preventing fade.
While it is formulated for color-treated hair and works perfectly for ensuring salon and at home color treatments last, it can also be used on naturally colored hair and hair types of any kind.
After using this treatment even once, not only was there a visible change and decrease in the appearance of split ends (even with very long hair in desperate need of a cut or trim), my hair was left feeling very smooth, hydrated, and soft.
With other products and competitors, especially with leave in treatments, sometimes the hair feels sticky, greasy, or it feels like residue is building up in between washes with the use of leave in treatments.
With Pureology’s Strength Cure, the opposite is true. Hair looks silky and shiny, and never appears greasy after using it (I would even recommend this for those with oiler hair types).
As an added bonus, if you color-treat your hair, this leave in spray helps prevent future damage to the hair follicles and helps prevent fading at the same time as treating brittle hair and signs of breakage. It also helps maintain the hold of the color, especially if used with other popular Pureology hair products.
While the Pureology hair care line doesn’t tend to run cheap, it’s all natural and free of any harmful silicone ingredients and added sulfates that can damage the hair. Plus, the products all actually work in extending the lifetime of your color treatments, and less trips to the salon mean a lot less money actually spent (and saved) over time.
Not only does the Strength Cure help with extending the duration, even with hair that has not been color treated, it really helps in restoring glow and shine.
This is a much better alternative than getting so frustrated you end up cutting your own hair and having to book a next day salon appointment (haven’t we all done that at least once? Guilty here….)
Pureology Strength Cure Pros and Cons
Overall, I felt the Purelogy Strength Cure Split End Salve Treatment was better than any other leave in treatment I have tried on the market or any oil product designed to treat split ends. There is a visible difference in the appearance of split ends right away, and the hair is left feeling and looking smooth and soft, without any stickiness, crunch, or residue left behind.
Although it is a leave in treatment, there is also never any buildup or grease left behind in between washes. The only downside here was price point, but in comparison to benefits and quality of ingredients used, it did seem like a worthy splurge. Additionally, even for long hair and very damaged hair only a small amount of product is needed, and there is an added benefit of preventing color fade and helping maintain vibrance.
Here are some main pros and cons to bear in mind prior to purchase with Pureology’s Strength Cure:
- Leaves the hair feeling silky soft, and never makes it feel crunchy, sticky or greasy after or during use
- 100% vegan and cruelty-free company: Pureology does not test any of its products on any animals, use any animal products in any of its ingredients, or during any of its manufacturing processes
- Free of all sulfates, silicones, parabens, mineral oils, and chemical binding agents that can be toxic to the hair or color of the hair
- Protects color-treated hair from fading, extends the life of color and adds hold, and helps restore vibrancy
- Safe for all hair types (straight, wavy, curly, coiled, tightly, tightly coiled, colored, keratin treated)
- Helps to treat and smoothen out split ends, disguising their appearance for any hairstyle
- Only a very small amount of product is needed for treatment: the size of a penny is enough to rub into the hair on the ends and smoothen out the appearance of all split ends
- Helps to form a protective barrier on the hair against sun and environmental damage, preventing future damage and more split ends
- Leaves the hair feeling smoother, softer, and looking more shiny and radiant after use
- Has a lovely and fresh aromatherapy type scent that lingers throughout the day without being overpowering
- Works in actually treating split ends and damage, in comparison to many other competitor products and brands that make the same claims but don’t seem to make any difference after use
- Works on even very brittle and dry hair
- Can be left in the hair without creating any product build up or stickiness or residue left behind
- Pairs perfectly with Pureology’s classic Shampoo and Conditioning products
- Some customers claimed they simply did not see a huge difference with their split ends after using (this was not a personal experience, but everyone will have their own experience with using the product)
- Price point- while Pureology tends to be on the pricier side, the products are all formulated with excellent quality ingredients and actually work for your hair, and only a very small amount of product is needed even if you have very long hair, making it seem like its worth every penny
Pureology’s Money-Back Guarantee
If price barriers are a concern given this particular item or if you have not used Pureology products in the past, the return and exchange policy in this case may be a highly important factor for you.
The manufacturer, Pureology, has a strong return and exchange policy that honors full refunds upon dissatisfaction or allergy, and this policy favors the consumer, both new and returning.
If you are dissatisfied with the use of Pureology’s Strength Cure Split End Salve Treatment, or if it does not work for your hair to provide suitable hydrating or repairing benefits, or you experience any product allergy or reaction to the formulation on the hair or scalp areas, you may elect to return it at any time.
In this case, you will receive a full refund equal to the entire purchase price of the item, if purchased via Amazon. We cannot always guarantee the authenticity of products sold by merchants outside of or other than of Amazon.
Pureology Strength Cure: Worth It Winner?
When you are dealing with split ends and breakage, and color fade or frizz on top of that, it can be easy to become frustrated. But when you’re in a pinch, there are products that can help solve several issues with zero hassle involved in no time.
Pureology’s Strength Cure Split End Salve Treatment actually works in repairing damaged ends and hydrating and nourishing the hair at the same time, without any stickiness or greasy residue left behind or in between shampoo sessions.
For color treated and frizzy hair or those with the most damaged and unruly hair types, it also helps decrease breakage and the appearance of any unwanted frizz on the scalp (or static), along with helping to decrease color fade, prolong color time, and maintain the vibrancy of the color itself.
There are very few, if any, products I have found yet on the market that actually work for color-treated hair in maintaining the duration of the color and vibrancy while helping to treat signs of split ends, breakage, and damage all at once.
While it does not run cheap, the multi-use benefits of Pureology’s Strength Cure make this product a must-have and definite worth it for its price winner for us.
Especially if you have damaged and color-treated hair, combining this with Pureology’s other hair care products (like the famed shampoo and conditioner) will give you some of the silkiest and softest hair imaginable.