Pureology’s Color Fanatatic Hair Treatment Spray is one of their many popular haircare items that works for even the most damaged, dehydrated, and tangled hair types, and tends to work especially well (and safely) for color-treated hair types.
We love the line of Pureology’s Shampoo and Conditioner and their popular detangling products and masks, so when I noticed a trending new spray seeming to grow in popularity with nearly perfect reviews, I was very intrigued.
Whether you are a current fan of Pureology or not, I couldn’t help but admit I was a bit skeptical about the claims of 21 different unique benefits.
If this was true about the Color Fanatic Treatment Spray, it would make one of the best multi-use products out there. But, even for a great company, we have to all admit this could be a bit of hype.
Knowing this would be a challenging yet fun review and curious to see if Pureology could hit another home run, we decided to test out Pureology’s Color Treatment Spray to see where all these new hundreds of great reviews were coming from.
Here’s what happened.
Review: Pureology Color Fanatic Treatment Spray
Pureology’s Color Fanatic Treatment Spray is a 6.7 oz leave-in conditioning spray that you can use in wet or dry hair for a variety of different purposes (to hydrate, treat, and condition).
It’s not only safe for those with color-treated hair types, it actually helps in extending the duration of color treatments (as with most Pureology products), and adds to color vibrancy.
For those who use hot tools or heat styling tools often, it also has the added benefit of heat protection, as well as environmental protection from climate damage and the sun.
Using this for the first time, I found it left my hair feeling extremely hydrated and not as weighed down (when used in wet hair), and easier to comb out after washing with less damage and breakage than normal.
After drying, my hair was shiny and soft, yet not greasy at all (in the same way an oil product that is too heavy would be.
When using the Color Fanatic Treatment Spray in dry hair, my favorite use was actually after styling instead of a hairspray type product. Not only did it help improve shine and vibrancy with some hold, it smells great and lacks and of the stickiness or buildup of a spray product that you need to wash out right away.
It’s also great to use before a style or blowout, not just for protection but for added shine and a more polished finish after your done.
Pureology Color Fanatic Treatment Spray: Ingredients & Benefits
Especially if you frequently dye your hair or use hot tools, or if you simply have a sensitive scalp and hair area, the ingredients you use in your hair products are probably extremely important to you, and it is always important to check on what is in them.
With that in mind, here are some key ingredients in Pureology’s Color Fanatic Treatment Spray and their main benefits with use for the hair:
- Safe for use in all hair types, including color treated or keratin-treated hair
- Fully restores hydration for very dry or damaged hair
- Prevents and helps to eliminate dandruff
- Stimulates hair growth and prevents loss when rubbed into the hair follicles on the surface of the scalp
- Helps tame frizzy or unruly hair, even for curly or unmanageable types
- Helps with restoring luster and vibrance to the hair
- For dull or damaged hair: helps to revive shine and silkiness, adding a softer texture
- Vitamins and essential fatty acids in coconut oil nourish the scalp and help to remove sebum build-up from follicles, leading to balance
Olive Fruit Oil
- Helps moisturize the scalp and hair
- Many claim it can prevent hair loss and promote volume because the oil moisturizers hair follicles, preventing dryness leading to potential loss
- Rich in antioxidants for hydration and nourishment
- Rich in vitamins and nutrients that heal, repair and nurture hair
- Acts as a remedy for dandruff or flakiness, improves dandruff
- Promotes volume/thickness of hair, body may be restored to the hair
Sunflower Seed Extract
- Hydrates and repairs dry, brittle, or damaged hair
- Helps repair split ends, breakage, and nourishes hair follicles
- Safe for all hair types, including color treated hair
- Helps tame unruly hair and frizz
- Can help stimulate natural hair growth (contains vitamins, minerals, and omega 9 acid)
- Protects against free radical and UV damage
- Helps to moisturize dry scalp areas
Pureology Color Fanatic Treatment Spray: Uses
Pureology Claims that Fanatic Treatment Spray has 21 different uses, making it (potentially) one of the best multi-use products available. Here are a look at some different uses:
While all of these are true and the benefits are excellent, and this is certainly a great multi-use product with value, we can also admit the list is a bit redundant. However, that does not take away any of the value of the product or all of the different functions it has for all hair types.
Pureology Color Fanatic Treatment Spray: Pros and Cons
Pureology’s Color Fanatic Treatment Spray has so many different uses and benefits and is likely the best leave in spray (but simply calling it a leave in conditioner doesn’t do it justice in comparison to all the different uses). With that said, not every customer who tried it was in love with it, and it is not the cheapest hair product on the market.
With that in mind, here are some main pros and cons to bear in mind prior to purchase with Pureology’s Treatment Spray:
- Pairs perfectly with Pureology’s Shampoo, Conditioner and other lines of haircare products (many of which we have reviewed previously)
- Safe for all types of hair, including color treated, wavy, coily, tightly coiled, straight, and even keratin treated
- Free of all parabens and sulfates and all harsh chemical additives that can be harsh or damaging for the hair, especially color treated hair or those who use hot tools
- Made with fresh organic oils that nurture and repair the hair and support overall hair health and vibrance
- Can be used as a leave in conditioner and general moisturizer
- Great for dry or dull hair types that are in need of moisture repair and replenishment
- Strengthens the hair with a long acting shield to protect against future damage (i.e. hot tools, environmental, color)
- Helps in repairing split ends and breakage, before or after the use of hot tools or styling
- Has a light fresh scent that lingers throughout the day without being overpowering or smelling of chemicals or harsh perfume odors
- After using Pureology’s Color Fanatic Treatment Spray, my hair felt softer and healthier (and looked shinier and more radiant), and it never feels greasy, sticky, heavy, or tacky after or during use
- A small amount of product goes a long way even if you have long or wavy/thick hair, adding value
- Unlike hair sprays, the product has hold but is extremely lightweight in texture and softens while still adding texture and shine
- Can be used on wet or dry hair, especially if you have a tough time detangling your hair after washes and are looking for a silkier finish that is softer without the weight of an oil
- The Pureology Fanatic Treatment Spray (while not cheap) is still sold for a less expensive price on Amazon than in major chain retail stores, with save and subscribe options if you really love it
- Some customers complained of products arriving leaked or damaged because of shipping errors (in this case, you are entitled to a full refund or exchange)
- Price point- at $27, for a conditioning spray this is not a cheap product, however a small amount of product does go quite a long way, and it does definitely repair damage and leave your hair looking vibrant, healthier, and shiny (the full bottle should last 6-8 months even with continual use)
Pureology’s Money-Back Guarantee Policy
If price barriers are a concern given this particular item or if you have not used Pureology products in the past, the return and exchange policy in this case may be a highly important factor for you.
The manufacturer, Pureology, has a strong return and exchange policy that honors full refunds upon dissatisfaction or allergy, and this policy favors the consumer, both new and returning.
If you are dissatisfied with the use of Pureology’s Color Fanatic Treatment Spray, or if it does not work for your hair to provide suitable benefits, or you experience any product allergy or reaction to the formulation on the hair or scalp areas, you may elect to return it at any time.
In this case, you will receive a full refund equal to the entire purchase price of the item, if purchased via Amazon. We cannot always guarantee the authenticity of products sold by merchants outside of or other than of Amazon.
In this case, the formulation of Pureology Treatment Spray was gentle enough to use even with very dry and color-treated hair and did not cause any irritation to the scalp, but due to any personal sensitivity concerns or price issues this policy may help assuage fears, as individual allergies are highly variable.
Pureology Color Fanatic Treatment Spray: Worth It?
Considering Pureology’s Color Fanatic Treatment Spray has a laundry list of different uses and benefits, it is safe to say after testing this product out it definitely seemed and felt very worth it for its price.
If you are still uncertain about the cost or product, there is always a smaller sized option you can try out first before investing in the regular/full sized version of the product.
But I found this to be one of the best products I’ve tried for both wet and dry hair (normally its one or the other), with the Fanatic Treatment Spray, it conditions and hydrates and allows you to comb or use any tools without breakage after washes for wet hair- with the added benefit of the same softness, shine, and vibrance of a traditional oil product that lacks any grease or heaviness.
In dry hair, the list could really go on, but it not only restores and maintains vibrancy (color or not), it also deeply hydrates and nourishes, repairs damage and split ends, and acts like a hairspray would for hold and polish without any of the stick or crunch.
Out of all of the Pureology products and treatments available, this is definitely one of the most versatile and a must-have when your looking for shine, vibrance, and a haircare item that can be used for almost any purpose.
Not just highly recommended, must-try!