Review: Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer (Perfect Skin & Makeup Glow?)
We’re all looking for that perfect skincare and cosmetics treatment staple for a dewy finish, and with Laura Mercier’s Tinted Moisturizer (SPF 20), we can all finally have a perfect blend of high quality skin product and makeup.
Designed to soften lines and wrinkles while hydrating the complexion, the tinted moisturizer also provides a sheer hint of color to match your complexion and is available in 19 different shades, including two mini-shades for starters.
When you’re looking for a healthy glow and an even skin tone that doesn’t give you a “painted on” full makeup effect, Laura Mercier’s cult-favorite Tinted Moisturizer truly delivers.
It’s like looking more polished and fresh, without anyone even knowing you’re wearing any makeup.
Without hiding the skin, the tinted moisturizer is also rich in antioxidants and acts as a moisturizer on its own, supporting skin health, and leaving it visibly more smooth, radiant, and supple.
Review: Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer
While I typically use heavier or medium coverage liquid foundations, the hype around Laura Mercier’s Tinted Moisturizer had me curious.
And don’t we all want to give our skin a break sometimes while using a great skincare product?
At first, using the tinted moisturizer felt like a step backwards, as more of my natural skin was showing, and I was tempted to use this only on my “most confident” days.
But after a few days of getting used to the product, it felt amazing, lightweight, and somehow freeing, to easily toss on a product, that actually hydrated my skin and definitely provided enough coverage to feel comfortable.
While the coverage is light, it is still very buildable, but I found I needed much less than expected. I was left with a soft and natural glow, free of any orange undertones or “fake” or “cakey” looking effects you’d expect from a lot of typical liquid foundations.
The color match was perfect and coverage lasted all day, and the product itself is a moisturizing SPF.
Laura Mercier’s Tinted Moisturizer is worthy of its loyal following, as it feels amazing and velvety to apply, and is perfect for those days you’d rather wear a light product and a hint of bronzer and some gloss for a pretty, natural look.
The ingredients in the product also support skin health and leave you looking vibrant and glowing, so this makes a great everyday daytime looks for fans of minimal cosmetics and great skincare.
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Ingredients & Benefits
Especially if you have sensitive or acne-prone skin, paying attention to ingredients contained in skincare products can be extremely important. Here are some key ingredients contained in Laura Mercier’s Tinted Moisturizer and benefits with use:
- Anti-aging benefits: stimulates collagen and elastin production, helping diminish the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, sun damage, and deeper set lines (over time)
- Anti-inflammatory benefits help heal signs of damage to the skin and any redness, irritation, itchiness, or sun damage
- Smoothens out the appearance of the face, creating a more plumped and firmed appearance
- Anti-acne benefits: castor oil helps decrease acne and future acne breakouts due to antibacterial properties and ricinoleic acid (which fight acne-causing bacteria)
- For dry skin types: castor oil helps moisturize and nourish the skin and provides deep hydration
- Helps fade small scars, imperfections on the skin, blemishes and burns, fatty acids in the oil support the growth of healthy new tissue surrounding “concern areas”
- Helps even out the overall tone and texture of the skin, leaving it feeling smooth and soft
- With continual use over time, helps treat signs of hyperpigmentation
- Leaves skin looking radiant, supple, glowing, and hydrated
- For dull or sallow skin: brightens the skin and reduces signs of uneven tone and discoloration, for a more even and smooth tone following use
- Anti-aging benefits: antioxidant-rich vitamin C helps boost collagen production and elasticity, diminishing the appearance of any wrinkles or fine lines
- Natural anti-inflammatory benefits: helps to expedite healing rates, great for treating redness, soothing topical abrasions, and any skin irritation
- Safe and suitable for all skin types, including acne-prone skin, may offer benefits including decreasing breakouts and preventing acne-causing bacteria
- Helps heal sunburns and promotes skin repair after exposure to UVA/B radiation, acts as a natural sun protective factor to help heal future damage as well (preventative care)
- Improves hydration and moisture especially for dry skin, helps bind moisture into the skin and restores any depleted hydration, promoting a smoother aesthetic
- Helps to prep the skin prior to any other makeup application and deliver the most radiant finishing appearance with a smooth and vibrant glow
- Evens out the tone and texture of skin and leaves it feeling soft and smooth
- Compliments SPF contained in the tinted moisturizer and helps further fight the harmful effects of sun damage
- For dry, sallow, or dull skin: helps contribute to a smoother, softer, and more radiant tone
- Safe for those of all skin types, including sensitive and acne-prone skin, and the treatment of many topical conditions
- Protects the skin by forming a protective barrier against environmental and sun (UVA/B) damage
- Helps heal the skin from prior sun damage, neutralizes the effects of free radical damage from pollution and UV radiation
- Over time, helps minimize and decrease the appearance of hyper-pigmentation and sun spots
- For dry skin: restores hydration and moisture, helps bind moisture into the skin
- Acts as an anti-inflammatory and expedites healing rates for any topical abrasions, minor cuts, wounds, or irritations
- Acts as an anti-inflammatory, can help with skin rash, itch or irritation (calms and nourishes)
- Brightens the skin naturally and reduces signs of uneven tone and discoloration, promoting an even and smooth overall tone
- Anti-aging benefits: helps address concerns like fine lines, wrinkles, deeper set wrinkles, and sun spots
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Positives and Negatives
Here are a look at some main pros and cons to bear in mind prior to purchasing Laura Mercier’s Tinted Moisturizer:
- Softens and plumps/minimizes the appearance of deep set lines, wrinkles, sun spots, sun damage, and fine lines
- Multi-use benefits: acts as a moisturizer for the skin as well as a cosmetics product with a sheer glow finish (light coverage)
- Non-comedogenic and dermatologist- and allergy-tested
- Safe and suitable for all skin types, including sensitive and acne-prone
- Even with sensitive and acne-prone skin, I experienced no redness, reaction, rash, or breakouts using Laura Mercier’s Tinted Moisturizer
- Broad spectrum SPF helps protect the skin from sun damage and the environment through the day (preventative anti-aging)
- Ingredients in the formula help to hydrate, balance, smoothen, and soften the skin, and help support anti-aging benefits
- Very lightweight in texture and never feels greasy, sticky, heavy, or leaves behind any residue on the skin
- Allows natural skin color to show through while still hiding imperfections and providing a strong color match
- Feels highly breathable on the skin (like you are not wearing any makeup)
- Leaves the skin looking dewy, glowy, more radiant, and warmer/softer
- Makes skin appear more even in tone and texture
- Great alternative for those who do not like heavier foundation products or liquid foundations
- Product longevity: even with daily use, the tube lasted about 5 months, proving value for the price
- Perfect for use for those who live in humid or sticky climates, who do not want to apply heavier products or find they experience clogged pores
- Never clings to dry patches on the skin or highlights imperfections
- Works for all skin colors and shades with 19 different color matches to select from
- The cap itself and manufacturing could use some work- a lot of the product ends up spilling out and simply getting wasted into the cap and messy, which at this price point should not happen
- Price point: even considering how long the tinted moisturizer lasts, it is quite a splurge, but with that said, it does offer excellent benefits as both a moisturizer and makeup product
Laura Mercier Money-Back Guarantee
If you have very sensitive or acne-prone skin (or price barriers are a concern given this particular item) or have not used Laura Mercier products in the past, the return and exchange policy in this case may be a very important factor for you. The manufacturer, Laura Mercier, has a strong return and exchange policy that honors full refunds upon dissatisfaction or allergy, and this policy favors the consumer, both new and returning.
If you are dissatisfied with the use of Laura Mercier’s Tinted Moisturizer, or if it does not work for your skin to provide suitable skincare and/or cosmetic benefits, or you experience any product allergy or reaction to the formulation, you may elect to return it at any time. In this case, you will receive a full refund equal to the entire purchase price of the item (if purchased on Amazon). In this case, the tinted moisturizer was gentle enough to use even with very sensitive and acne-prone skin and did not cause any irritation or breakouts (for me), but due to any personal sensitivity concerns this policy may help alleviate concerns, as individual allergies are highly variable.
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer: Worth It Winner?
For a dewy, natural glow that evens out skin tone/texture and provides hydrating benefits in one, we’d give Laura Mercier’s Tinted Moisturizer a perfect score.
When you’re looking for a perfect weekend product that’s lightweight and subtle, or simply a fan of lighter products (than liquid foundations) that still even out tone and hide lines, this is the best tinted moisturizer I have tried.
Besides offering a creamy and silky texture that leaves you feeling soft and looking dewy, the product supports anti-aging benefits and overall skincare health.
While pricey, it’s sort of like a 3 in 1 product. You get all the benefits of sun protection, an anti-aging daily cream, and a tinted moisturizer in one bottle.
For fans of letting some of their already beautiful skin show through while enhancing it at the same time?
This one is for you!