Simple, clean, and fresh, Clinique’s Happy Eau de Parfum Spray is one of those fragrances that even “non-fragrance junkies” will probably smile when they smell.
It’s been a bestseller for years and is a blend of citrus, spring mimosa, florals, ruby red grapefruit, bergamot, and Hawaiian wedding flower. The fragrance blends sensual notes with lighter more vibrant ones to form a light, subtle scent that still lingers throughout the day.
We’re all searching for that perfect fragrance that can transition through seasons, day and night, not be overpowering at work or with others, can can somehow uplift us.
Clinique’s Happy does the perfect job of making you feel clean, pretty, sexy, and, simply put “happy.”
So even if you’re not a fan of extremely strong scents, but want a perfume that still lasts, this seems to be the one that keeps the compliments rolling in throughout the day and lifts your own mood in the process.
But is it worth the splurge? We tried it out first to review so you wouldn’t have to.
Review: Clinique Happy Eau de Parfum
Clinique’s Happy Eau de Parfum Spray (the original version of the perfume) comes in 4 sizes to pick from- a 1oz size, 1.70z size, 3.4oz size, and a 10ml rollerball version, if you are looking to test out the fragrance or prefer having a travel-handy product.
As someone who is not a huge fragrance junkie, Clinique’s Happy is one of those fragrances that still seems to have mass-appeal (to myself and others) as being clean, refreshing, light, and still sexy.
Happy is the perfect term to describe the fragrance, as every time I put it on I not only seem to get compliments on the fragrance, it seems to just be generally uplifting and refreshing, and definitely lasts throughout the day.
Unlike sprays and Eau de Toilettes, which only last for a few hours, Eau de Parfums tend to last for up to 12 hours, meaning a couple of sprays and you’re good to go for the day.
The scent of Clinique’s Happy is fresh and floral, with a mix of vibrant mimosa flowers and hints of citrus notes, but neither seem to overpower each other, they rather form a perfect blend and you just end up smelling “airy and clean,” without the fragrance being too light.
The Hawaiian wedding flower note in the fragrance is subtle but sultry, and some of the floral and feminine notes ensure the fragrance is still powerful enough to have that burst of freshness while still offering plenty of sex-appeal. So while this can be worn at any age, it’s still very “grown-up” and not at all a fragrance for novices.
If you’re a fan of other or heavier notes, Clinique’s Happy comes in a range of different fragrances as well to pick from, including the popular Clinique Happy Heart, which is a bit warmer and deeper, and blends notes of Mandarin, Cucumber, Yellow Primrose, Water Hyacinth, Blondewood, and Sandalwood.
The best part of Clinique’s Happy, as with most fragrances and the feelings and memories they evoke, is simply the emotion you tend to get while wearing it on a day to day basis.
Beyond the compliments, if you remember this fragrance from childhood this is certainly one that will transport you back to earlier days. If not, the title is a great description, as it simply puts a smile on your face and feels refreshing and relaxing during the day and night to wear, making you feel a bit more confident and mellow.
The manufacturer fragrance logo, “wear it and be happy,” is surprisingly accurate.
Clinique Happy Eau de Parfum: Pros and Cons
Overall, I found Clinique’s Happy to be extremely uplifting, refreshing, cooling, airy, while still offering that sex-appeal we’re all looking for in a fragrance. It’s perfect for all seasons as well as a daytime and night scent, and tends to be universally adored, which is extremely challenging with the fragrance category. The cons? Those who enjoy very musky or oriental scents may find this too light, and some felt this smelled “too young” for their tastes.
With that in mind, here are some key pros and cons to bear in mind prior to purchase with Clinique’s Happy Eau de Parfum:
- Clinique’s Happy is available in a variety of sizes for those looking for different prices and values, as well as a rollerball version if you prefer an on-the-go fragrance for travel and for trying it out for the first time
- As an Eau De Parfum, the fragrance, although light, will last throughout the day without
- Great for all age groups, both younger and more mature
- Light and crisp and very subtle for those who don’t like overpowering scents, but still sultry and sexy with notes of florals that are quite feminine and rich
- Appeals to other and generally uplifts the mood, relaxing during the day and night and helps to “ground the senses” even if you’re feeling stressed
- As a bestseller for years, Clinique’s Happy has remained a proven hit and will be very nostalgic for some of us who wear it and are reminded of childhood (and scent memory proves to be the strongest of any form in our minds)
- Every time I put this on I receive compliments throughout the day from women and men, and it does not seem off putting to anyone, even in more professional daytime settings
- If you do not like the rollerball fragrance, the 1oz size can still be travelled with on carry on/safe for flights and short trips
- Works during any season, and even though it is light and airy, the citrus is not overpowering, so it is still great for winter months
- Makes a perfect gift option, especially if you’re unsure of a recipients preferences, as it tends to be universally flattering and enjoyed
- Can be applied to clothes (if you feel comfortable doing this), which tends to last and linger even longer throughout the day
- If you’re a fan of musky, oriental, warm, or deeper/darker scents, this may not be your favorite fragrance, as it is on the lighter/crisper side, even as an Eau de Parfum (Clinique’s Happy Heart is a bit deeper and warmer, you may want to check this out)
- Some users felt the fragrance smelled “too young,” or “cheap” for their tastes, some felt it was too light, and others felt it was too heavy (fragrance usually comes down very much to a matter of personal preference)
Clinique Cosmetic’s Money- Back Guarantee Policy
If you have are very sensitive to different smells or fragrances or have not used Clinique Cosmetics products in the past, the return and exchange policy in this case may be a highly important factor for you.
The manufacturer, Clinique, has a strong return and exchange policy that honors full refunds upon dissatisfaction or allergy, and this policy favors the consumer, both new and returning.
If you are dissatisfied with the use of Clinique’s Happy Eau De Parfum, or if it does not work for you to provide suitable benefits and you do not enjoy the fragrance or feel it does not last on your skin/clothes, or you experience any product allergy or reaction to the formulation, you may elect to return it at any time.
In this case, you will receive a full refund equal to the entire purchase price of the item, if purchased via Amazon (it can’t be guaranteed to apply to individual stores or merchants).
In this case, the formulation of the of the Clinique’s Happy is quite light and crisp and tends to be appealing to the vast majority of users. In terms of sensitive skin and its ingredients, I have not read any reports of skin allergy using the parfum product.
Clinique Happy Eau de Parfum: Worth It Winner?
Especially for an Eau de Parfum fragrance, I felt this product was definitely worth every penny and something that was a steal in comparison to how long it lasts (both throughout the day and in terms of shelf-life).
Clinique’s Happy is not only great for all ages, its perfect for both those who are usually a little scared of fragrances and prefer light and airy scents, and even fragrance junkies who consider this a “cult classic” that brings back plenty of childhood memories.
Crisp, refreshing, but floral enough to still be worn at night and perfect for date nights (or first dates), Happy is just one of those staple fragrances that has stood the test of time and continues to sell of the shelves because it simply makes us feel good, and good about ourselves, when we wear it.
Perfect as a gift option as well for a recipient who has preferences you may be unsure of, the best way to describe the fragrance in general is universally flattering and appealing.
The universal appeal is what makes Clinique’s Happy a true standout in the entire cosmetics category, as typically fragrances, popular or not, are very hit or miss from a consumer-opinion based standpoint.
While 100% of of us may not agree on loving this fragrance, we all have to agree it has pretty high scores across thousands of reviews.
So is a fragrance that most of us can wear throughout different seasons and times of day that actually lasts and makes us feel happy at a moderate price compared to competitors a worth it winner?
We’d definitely say yes.
Highly recommended, and very happy!