Review: Buxom Lip Gloss (A Sexy, Shiny Pout)
After previously reviewing Buxom’s Full On Lip Cream, I decided to be “daring” and try out the popular Buxom’s Plumping Lip Polish Gloss.
Although I typically “play it safe” by opting for matte formulations, after a trusted recommendation from a friend who promised a natural dewy finish with a soft texture and plenty of hydration, I decided to try it out, and am pleased to say it’s become a new staple product.
Available in shimmer, high shimmer, and metallic finishes, there are 49 colors to pick from- making these cheeky shades universally flattering and perfect for all skin tones and complexions.
I started out with one color, and ended up, to my pleasure, and my bank accounts displeasure, owning 4 total colors to test and review. All in the shimmer finish, as I’m still not quite daring enough to take the plunge into metallics yet.Before we begin, make sure you’re ordering Buxom from a legitimate retailer, NOT from a counterfeit seller. For your convenience, here is the Amazon link to an authentic Buxom retailer.
Aren’t we all looking for something sheer and enhancing with a pop of color that adds moisture for day and night?
We reviewed some Buxom Gloss bestsellers, so you wouldn’t have to break the bank first.
Review: BUXOM Lip Gloss
Buxom’s Full-On Plumping Lip Polish Gloss (4.4ml) is a bestselling gloss designed to enhance the appearance of the lips, giving you a pretty pigmented shade while creating a fuller appearance of the entire lip area that still looks natural.
We’re all seeking that stick-free shine that leaves the lips visibly plumped without creating any messes, spills, smudges, or leaks, and with BUXOM’s Lip Gloss, I have yet to find a better product available that fits the bill for all of the above.
The pigments are rich in color yet natural and hold for quite some time, especially for a gloss product, and there’s a slight menthol/tingly sensation, without any burning.
It’s the perfect finish to either a more polished a dramatic evening out look (using a red or deeper color) with a smoky eye and contouring, or a very natural daytime look.
For a day look, you can swipe on a pretty pink shade like “Sophia” or “Dolly,” to pair with your favorite subtle blush or bronzer and a mascara, and you’re out the door in no time.
Despite any initial fear of too much shimmer or sparkle, the colors actually were all very natural and flattering, sexy, and provided a plump to the lips without any burning or stinging sensations.
So if you’re going for a natural sultry plumped-up pout, Buxom’s lip gloss is my top recommendation.
In fact, it’s the best lip gloss I have ever tried, and my bank account is aware of this based on the reorder history.
The problem is, once you start, you just can’t stop.
Buxom Lip Gloss Popular Shades
Here are a look at some bestsellers for Buxom’s Full On Lip Plumping Polish:
“Dolly” is perhaps the bestselling shade out of the entire collection, which is saying a lot as a non-red. A shimmery sultry mauve, this color flatters nearly every skin tone and complexion and is raved about by nearly ever user who tries it (even those who claim to never write reviews).
Perfect for day or night, the shade has hints of raspberry, deep blackberry, pink, and sultry red all wrapped intro one, and suits fair, olive, and deeper skin tones alike.
This can be worn easily as a polished day look with office attire, on a weekend with a cozy sweater and jeans and light or no makeup at all, or as an evening look with a dress or sultry outfit and a more dressed up makeup look.
There’s definitely a reason this color has such a loyal fan following, and it’s because it’s it’s quite beautiful and suits nearly all who try it.
“Dani” is a berry-pink shade that was the first of the collection I tried and was lighter than anticipated based on the photos, but stunning on application.
It glides on smoothly and naturally and isn’t “too pink” or tacky/artificial looking at all, and rather looks like light berries mixed with orchid. I would describe it as a shade or two below “ballet pink,” if this makes any sense?
In any event, it’s also perfect for day or night wear, quite pretty, and extremely flattering with any makeup you’re wearing. Besides the natural beauty and enhancing effects, I really enjoyed being able to pair this gloss with just about any other makeup routine desired- because it truly works with any other look.
This is a great shade for fans of natural soft pinks and subtly enhanced looking lips.
“Natalie” is a candy apple red shade that is a true pop of color that makes a bold, yet natural (and not overly dramatic) statement for a night out. One soft swipe of color makes for a perfect day look also.
The shade is the perfect red with blue undertones, and is not orangey or pinky at all, and also not too deep (does not get into deep red or Burgundy).
This makes an ideal gloss if you’re looking for an evening out and don’t want to deal with lipstick smudges, slips, hassles, or transfers. It also gives a pretty yet subtle enhancement in addition to a sexy bright red lip for that perfect “kissable” pout.
“Sophia” is perhaps the second bestselling Buxom Lip gloss shade, and also a perfect must-have for fans of the natural look.
It’s similar to “Dani” as a “classic sweetheart pink shade,” bit a bit lighter, and perfect for daytime wear. It also has a bit more sparkle to it, without being tacky or fake in appearance at all.
This is a great spring or summer shade, but works for all seasons for those who prefer a natural dewy look, and want to focus on the plumping factor rather than the pigment. The shade is quite pretty and wears well on many skin tones and complexions.
Looking to go for a natural fuller look with a hint of shimmer? This shade may be a perfect match!
BUXOM Lip Gloss Ingredients
The BUXOM Full On Lip Plumping Polish is free of top allergy causing preservatives, parabens, lanolin, topical antibiotic, MCI/MI, nickel, gluten, soy, and propylene glycol. The product is formulated with hydrating hyaluronic spheres that infuse lips with hydration and vitamins A and E keep lips soft, nourished, and protected.
BUXOM Lip Gloss Positives and Negatives
- Buxom’s Full On Lip Polish is formulated without the use of any parabens, sulfates, harsh chemical additives, or histamines, so it does not sting or burn the lips or create an allergic reaction designed to plump (and does so naturally)
- Cruelty-free company: the company (Buxom Cosmetics) does not test any of its products on any animals, use any animal product during any manufacturing processes, or in any of its product ingredients
- The product is formulated with ingredients that nourish and protect the lips, leaving them feeling soft and hydrated throughout the day
- The pigments are rich and natural, and come in so many shades they fit a wide range of skin tones and complexions
- In addition to color and pigments being rich and beautiful, the color hold actually lasts (for about 4 hours), which isn’t bad for a gloss
- The lips definitely appear enhanced, plumped, and fuller, but still natural
- Most of the colors easily work for both daytime and nighttime wear
- While I was skeptical that the colors would be too shimmery or sparkly, they actually are not at all (at least in the shades reviewed/selected), and are quite natural
- Colors don’t smudge, slip, or transfer and never end up on your teeth
- The Lip Polish does not feel sticky, greasy, or tacky to apply or wear
- A bit of “menthol” adds a fresh scent to the lips and breath
- This may be a personal preference, and one many users seem to agree with, but in comparison to every other lip gloss product I have tried on the market to date, this one seems to offer the best benefits (pigment, hold, natural wear, enhancement, non-stick), and is definitely a fan favorite for a reason
- Can be easily paired with Buxom lip pencils (or those of your choice) for a more dramatic effect)
- Although I may have used a bit too much of the product (as it feels so lovely to apply), I felt it could have last longer for the price- it lasted about two months with daily use, which is not horrible, but compared to price point, I definitely which it had a longer shelf-life
- This may be a pro or a con: it feel so soft and nourishing (and pretty right after applying) you may find yourself accidentally overusing product: buyer beware
- At over $20, this is definitely not a cheap product for its category, however it is the best product in its category I have found to date in comparison to literally every competitor on the market
BUXOM’s Money-Back Guarantee Policy
If you are at all skeptical about the price point, any potential sensitivities, or have not used Buxom Cosmetics products in the past, the return and exchange policy in this case may be a highly important factor for you.
The manufacturer, Buxom Cosmetics, has a strong return and exchange policy that honors full refunds upon dissatisfaction or allergy, and this policy favors the consumer, both new and returning.
If you are dissatisfied with the use of Buxom’s Plumping Lip Polish Gloss, or if it does not work for your lips to provide suitable wear or general enhancing cosmetic benefits, or you experience any product allergy or reaction to the formulation, you may elect to return it at any time.
This policy applies to Amazon purchases, it cannot be guaranteed to apply to individual store merchants or local stores.
In this case, you will receive a full refund equal to the entire purchase price of the item.
BUXOM Lip Gloss: Worth It Winner?
In terms of worth it, while I did wish in comparison to price point BUXOM’s Plumping Lip Polish Gloss lasted a bit longer, due to the addictive nature of the product (it looks and feels stunning), it’s easy to see why it seems to run out faster than expected.
With that said, this is the best plumping product as well as the best lip gloss I have tried in comparison to every competitor on the market.
It provides a fully enhanced appearance and a very pretty pigment wide a huge selection of colors to pick from to match all different skin tones.
If you want to “plump it up” and add some natural shine with a long-lasting pigment, look no further than Buxom’s Lip Gloss.