Review: Chantecaille Faux Cils Longest Lash Mascara (Grow Lashes With Mascara?)
Typically when you find a great go-to mascara it is one you stick with for years and refuse to deviate from, irrespective of how many you try and how many formulations you toy with.
When my former Dior mascara was phased out and I was seeking a new mascara, I was introduced to Chantecaille’s Faux Cils Longest Lash Mascara at a local department store, which proved to be both a blessing and a curse. The price point is certainly not as attractive as the results of use (the curse reference), but it is the best mascara I have tried to date and it proves incredible longevity as well as multi-use benefits, which ultimately make the product a saving grace and a must-have.
The mascara is jet black and not only works for thickening and lengthening benefits, but also works as a lash growth serum, one that is gentle and soothing on the eyes, and eliminates the need for any harsh lash extension products or lash serums that can irritate the eyes and cause redness or swelling.
While a mascara is not something I would typically indulge in, in terms of price point, I have found that using it over the course of the past couple of years has changed the finishing aesthetic of my cosmetics routine, and it actually grows your lashes.
While I used to get regular lash extension treatments and purchase expensive products in hopes of growing out the lashes (although mine are a normal length, there was always a strong desire for an even fuller and longer aesthetic), I have been able to completely stop doing this simply by using this mascara.
If you enjoy long lashes and mascara products, or purchases extensions or lengthening serums, or are simply hoping for a longer and fuller aesthetic without the irritation, I would highly recommend Chantecaille’s multi-use mascara product, which causes no irritation to the eyes and works in providing great benefits as a mascara as well as a serum in one.
This review will cover some main product features, some positives and negatives to bear in mind prior to purchase, and a final verdict to help you make a more informed purchasing choice prior to any point of sale.
Review: Chantecaille Faux Cils Mascara
Chantecaille’s Faux Cils Longest Lash Mascara contains advanced lash peptide technology and high quality ingredients designed to lengthen and enhance the aesthetic of the lashes.
Over time and with continual daily use, the lashes appear longer and the mascara works to promote volume and length free of any clumping or smudging as well. From the manufacturer, ” the formula features the non-clumping, double helix brush to comb and feather lashes for defined volume. Immediate volume is achieved by a special combination of natural waxes. Unique peptide helps enhance the appearance of natural lash length, thickness and fullness without discoloration or irritation. Contains conditioning Rose Oil.”
The product feels incredibly smooth and gentle upon application, glides on softly, and only requires a single coat to cover the lashes. Using the product over time, you notice a lengthened appearance that appears natural (yet very noticeable), and the mascara itself is also incredibly high in quality. While it is not water-proof, it does not smudge and is easy to remove with a gel or oil based cleanser.
I would highly recommend this product for anyone seeking a lengthening mascara, or looking to skip on expensive and irritating serums, extensions, and salon treatments. It is certainly the highest quality product of the category I have tried to date, and has eliminated a need for other pricey and often irritating products and treatments in the category, adding value and making the cost seem quite worthy.
Bonus tip? If you’re comparison shopping and looking for a complete look to pair this mascara with, we recommend checking out our reviews on NARS Sheer Glow Foundation, NARS Blush In Orgasm, and Buxom Full On Lip Cream.
Another tip? Start with a base like Valjean Labs Facial Serum or Milk Makeup Sunshine Oil for a glowing finish!
Chantecaille Faux Cils Mascara: Positives & Negatives
While I found this to be the best product in the category I have sampled to date and I would highly recommend it to those looking for multi-use mascara products, lash serums, and lengthening products, this is of course open to individual interpretation. My only qualm with the product is the price point, however some reviewers found they did not experience enhancement benefits while using the product (this seems to be a minority viewpoint but remains to be a possibility, with the use of most cosmetics, which are always quite individual and variable).
With that in mind, here is a look at some of the main positives and negatives to bear in mind prior to purchase:
- Product longevity: while you are technically supposed to swap out mascara products every 3 months or so, considering the price point, I would recommend keeping the product for much longer, as even with continual daily use, it lasts for over 7 months or so (I have never experienced any irritation or adverse reactions using it for this amount of time, and honestly believe you could even get an even longer duration out of the product even with continual daily use)
- Multi-use benefits: product helps to lengthen and thicken the lashes, and also acts as a lash enhancing serum to grow lashes over time
- To date, this is the best and highest quality mascara I have found on the market and in its category
- After application (and minimal use is required), lashes appear very long and even
- It is possible to reach corner lashes and bottom lashes, as the applicator brush is quite delicate
- Clump and smudge proof: never appears clumpy even with two or three applications for a more dramatic look
- Very natural aesthetic, never appears unnatural or tacky
- Eliminates the need for irritating serum products and lash extensions that can cause redness and damage to the eyes
- Never changes the color of the eye or pigment
- Contains natural and high quality lash growth peptide technology, free of any harsh chemical additives
- Blends with a conditioning rosewater ingredient to nourish the lashes
- Double helix brush helps achieve volume and helps reach every lash
- Promotes keratin genes, for longer, stronger and fuller lashes
- Pigment is rich (jet black) and application is quite smooth
- Lovely scent that is devoid of any harsh chemical odor or perfume type scent
- If the product begins to dry, you can apply a bit of rose water to extend duration and longevity even further
- Extremely gentle product that never itches, burns, stings, or hurts the eyes or lash area (barring any specific allergy to an ingredient in the formulation)
- Washes off easily with gel or oil based cleansers (not a water-proof formulation, but also does not smudge)
- Out of every other mascara product I have tried (including Benefit, Dior, Marc Jacobs, Tarte, Chanel, drugstore brands, etc.), I have received the most compliments by far in using this product, and absolutely prefer it
- Cruelty-free company: company does not test on any animals or use any animal products in its formulations or during any manufacturing processes
- Product is free of any harsh chemical dyes, additives, parabens, and sulfate ingredients
- Excellent gifting option for the recipient in your life who enjoys cosmetics products for the holiday season
- Great introductory item for those new to the line and looking to try out bestselling products
- Great item for fans of the brand looking to try out other popular SKUS
- Able to eliminate products like primer (if desired), and finishing products, as well as multiple coats, as minimal product is required for use
- Company gives back to several non-profit organizations in support of various wildlife funds (i.e. elephants, rabbits, natural habitats)
- Begins lengthening lashes in as little as two weeks time
- Once product use is discontinued, lashes will revert to regular length
- At $72, this is an extremely high price point for the category, however it is definitely a worthy indulgence if you can afford it as a splurge item, and it lasts for quite some time, and it also eliminates the need for other products due to multi-use benefits (if you use serums, treatments, primers, or purchase extensions)
- Some reviewers found the product did not grow their lashes and they did not experience benefits using this product, while this seems to be a minority opinion and certainly one that is personal and open to interpretation, it is important to bear in mind the money-back guarantee policy, and note that everyone will have unique experiences using different products with any skincare or cosmetics
- For vegans: product does contain beeswax in its formulation
Chantecaille: Money-Back Guarantee
Considering the price point for the category, the money-back guarantee policy may help you make a purchasing choice prior to point of sale in this case.
The manufacturer, Chantecaille, has a strong return and exchange policy that honors full refunds upon dissatisfaction or allergy, and this policy favors the consumer, both new and returning. If you are dissatisfied with the use of the mascara, or if it does not work for your lashes to provide suitable lengthening and enhancing benefits, or you experience any product allergy or reaction to the formulation, you may elect to return it at any time.
In this case, you will receive a full refund equal to the entire purchase price of the item. If the item was received as a gift (without receipt), the policy applies for an even exchange, and this policy is applicable to online purchase, as individual store policy may vary depending on location, account and distributer.
Chantecaille Faux Cils Mascara: The Final Verdict
Chantecaille’s Faux Cils Longest Lash Mascara is a high quality formulation and multi-use product that both provides a lengthening and thickening mascara that glides on gently to lashes as well as an enhancement (acting in as little as two weeks time), acting as a serum that never irritates the eyes or creates any redness.
If you are currently using any lengthening products in conjunction with mascaras, getting pricey salon treatments or applying artificial lashes, or are simply looking for a more natural lash enhancement or high quality mascara (or both), I would recommend this product free of any recommendations.
It is smudge-proof, made of high quality ingredients, and completely eliminates the need for other products to use in conjunction with mascaras for lengthening benefits. It also saves the lashes and eyes of a lot of redness, irritation, and reaction that can be caused by harsher enhancing treatments. Although pricey, the multi-use benefits and quality of ingredients seem to justify the indulgence, especially during the holiday season.
This product makes a lovely gifting option for a recipient in your life who enjoys cosmetics products, a great introductory item to the brand, or a great product if you are simply seeking an enhancing multi-use mascara product that is nourishing and gentle.
Highly recommended and hype!
While you’re here, be sure to check out our reviews for Sun Basket (for wellness from within to without) and Stitch Fix (for other great beauty ideas)!