When I speak to friends and colleagues about beauty products and choices, in a market of over saturation and seemingly never-ending options, all with different variables, they seem to all have one commonality in terms of products they will always consider for purchase and trust- the ones we grew up with, the ones that have been around for quite some time.
Stila holds a certain sense of nostalgia for me, as the shimmer powder and duos were the first makeup items I had ever owned, and other than trying on my mother’s Chanel moisturizer as a kid at night, the One Step Correct Primer was the first skincare product I had tried and purchased only for my own use (admittedly, I was too young to need it at the time).
I love this product because it is incredibly multi-functional and acts as an all in one treatment solution to makeup prep and skincare. Its gentle, suitable for sensitive skin, and is quite effective. As a three-in-one gel based primer, it’s not at all sticky and doesn’t leave any grease or residue behind after use. It corrects, brightens, and soothes the skin at once, restoring any lost hydration and acting as an excellent primer prior to the use of makeup.
The three-swirl helix formula combines lavender, peach and green toned swirls to counteract sallow tone, add vibrancy, neutralize redness, brighten the complexion, and help repair any damage from the sun or sun spots. The colors do not show up on the skin and product absorbs very well on to the skin.
One of the main benefits to use here is the multi-use function of the product. It’s gentle but effective in treating several concerns at once, and preventing future concerns. It acts as a gentle serum, primer, and topical treatment and eliminates the need for multiple products.
Those with very dry skin may elect to use a heavier cream or moisturizer in conjunction with the product, but for many, this is certainly a go-to staple and all in one solution. As a primer, it helps ease the makeup application process and provides a dewy, radiant foundation for the skin.
I can definitely notice a visible difference after applying makeup if I’ve used this product beforehand. It also provides quick and visible results, delivered right to the skin. When used on its own without any makeup, the skin is soothed. Redness dissipates quite quickly and there’s a visible glow, skin is supple and soft.
There are further improvements with respect to any dark spots, visible veins, and even circles underneath the eyes (it’s safe and suitable to use near the eye and on any part of the face or neck).
Review: Stila One Step Correct Primer
Stila’s offering is an all in one solution and treatment for any skin type or concern. It is safe for use even with the most sensitive skin, including different skin conditions and topical concerns (i.e. eczema, rosacea).
It can be used as a primer, serum, topical treatment, and with or without makeup. While many use it in the morning prior to foundation, it is suitable for daily use in the morning, evening, or both. The triple helix swirl formulation of the product combines to tackle multiple skin concerns at once, successfully improving hydration, radiance, and combating all of the signs of aging.
As an anti-aging product, it can effectively treat signs of any fine lines and wrinkles, and offers the additional benefit of a preventative source of anti-aging efforts. It can be used at any age, with both preventative and retroactive benefits, the latter if any preexisting sun damage or signs of dehydration are already present.
Ultimately, this effective topical treatment serum and primer helps maintain a “flawless” complexion, going above and beyond in terms of skincare benefits with daily use.
Bonus tip? If you’re comparison shopping for other great skincare products to pair this with, try reading our reviews on Thayers Witch Hazel Toner, Dr. Jart’s Tiger Grass Repair Serum, and Tatcha’s The Water Cream for a great regimen and skin that glows!
Stila One Step Correct Primer: Pros & Cons
Here are some main pros and cons to bear in mind prior to purchase:
- Suitable for all skin types and even the most sensitive skin (including topical conditions)
- Visible reduction of any redness or sallowness
- Improved evenness in skin tone, restores balance
- Multi-use product, can act as an anti-aging serum, moisturizing treatment, and primer
- Helps decrease the appearance of sun spots and any hyper-pigmentation
- Anti-aging, results include a reduction in fine lines and wrinkles
- Helps with makeup application- less foundation is required, and the overall aesthetic becomes more dewy and radiant
- Without using makeup, there is a radiant glow delivered to skin, helps treat the appearance of any dull skin or uneven skin
- Safe to use with acne-prone skin, does not cause reaction or breakouts, barring any allergy to a specific ingredient
- Cruelty-free company, the product has never been tested on animals and does not use any animal product during the manufacturing process
- Helps decrease pore size and the appearance of pores
- Hydrates skin while providing oil control and promoting balance
- Can be used effectively on its own, or in conjunction with any cream or moisturizer in the treatment of very dry skin
- Cost- for the size of the item, I definitely wish the cost was lower, in terms of value it certainly seems worth it, but considering the product will not last incredibly long with everyday use, I’d prefer to see a slightly lower price point
- Some reviewers reported they simply did not see any visible results or difference to the skin, particularly with respect to redness
Stila: Money- Back Guarantee Policy
Stila offers a full refund for the entire purchase price of the item if there is any skin irritation, reaction, or allergy. They will offer a full refund upon the return of the product for any dissatisfaction. It’s always smart to purchase skincare with full refund options available, as the skin can be quite sensitive, especially to new products.
Stila One Step Correct Primer: Worth It?
Overall, Stila’s offering provides an effective multi-use topical treatment product that restores radiance and glow, reduces the appearance of redness or irritation, and acts as both a serum and primer.
I love the benefits in terms of both skincare and using it prior to makeup, and can see a visible difference with respect to both of these applications. It effectively and gently hydrates the skin without creating excess product buildup, leaving behind and greasy texture or residue, and can help balance the skin at the same time.
With stable longterm daily use, the product is also anti-aging and helps diminish the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and treat preexisting sun damage or sun spots. It also helps considerably in preventative anti-aging, helping maintain moisture and balance to the skin and preventing the depletion of any hydration or damage from makeup products.
The company itself prides itself on being environmentally friendly, using cardboard packaging for most cosmetics product, and being strictly cruelty-free (actively advocating against cruelty in the cosmetics industry at large). One of the best features to use is the ability to use the product even with very sensitive skin, without any reaction or topical irritation.