Dr. Jart’s line of Tiger Grass (or Cicapair) products, are some of the most soothing you can find, and with Dr. Jart’s Cicapair Tiger Grass Repair Serum, just one drop helps to calm redness, acne and blemishes, skin sensitivities and leaves you skin feeling smoother, softer and more comfortable.
For those of us who struggle with skin that gets irritated, red, sensitive, or acne-prone, sometimes the products we use only create backlash reactions or irritation, leaving us more frustrated.
But I have found whenever my skin is feeling red, irritated, or generally in a state of breaking out and in need of relief (which can cause serious discomfort as well as social embarrassment), Dr. Jart’s Cicapair Tiger Grass Serum instantly soothes my skin.
The best part? It can be used as a spot treatment or all over the face, and a single drop or two is enough to treat the entire face and truly provide relief.
So is the relief and healing worth the investment and is the product worthy of its awards and spotless reviews?
We tested it out and reviewed first so you wouldn’t have to.
Review: Dr. Jart Cicapair Tiger Grass Repair Serum
Dr. Jart’s Cicapair Repair Serum is a 1oz repairing serum designed to treat any redness, inflammation, acne, blemishes, and skin irritation (but also works as a normal serum would to promote hydration, balance, repair, radiance, and overall skin health and glow).
Before we begin, make sure you’re ordering Dr. Jart’s Cicapair from a legitimate retailer, NOT from a counterfeit seller. For your convenience, here is the Amazon link to an authentic Dr. Jart’s Cicapair retailer.
Safe and designed for any skin type, including those who are very sensitive, it’s made with very gentle and clean ingredients that support skin health and repair and work to restore and damage while treating any patches of skin that can cause discomfort.
So if you are suffering from acne marks, acne all over the face, redness, or general irritation, or simply in need of a good calming serum that also makes your skin look great and feels amazing to apply.
Dr. Jart’s Cicapair Repair Serum is one of our top picks by far.
The first time I used it I noticed patches of red marks and small blemishes on my cheeks start to fade right away after the second day I had tried it (excluding any other treatment products).
Over time, I also noticed it worked incredibly well in preventing and treating redness on the cheeks, and treating and preventing blemishes and breakouts (along with Sunday Riley’s treatment mask) along the chin and cheeks (and in general), despite eating different foods that would normally cause breakouts or dealing with typical hormonal acne.
On top of this, it feels repairing, soothing, and nourishing and never burns to apply. It also makes the skin look more even, bright and radiant.
Bonus points: it pairs perfectly with the amazing Tiger Grass Cream!
Dr. Jart Cicapair Tiger Grass Repair Serum: Ingredients & Benefits
Since you’re reading about Dr. Jart’s Cicapair Repair Serum (and may likely be sensitive and/or acne-prone), you’re probably curious about the ingredients contained in your skincare products to avoid any potential reactions, allergies, or other breakouts and backlash. Luckily this serum is made of some of the gentlest herbs and minerals and extremely safe for all skin types, unless you have a very specific allergy.
With that in mind, here is a look at some key ingredients in the cream and some main benefits with use:
Minerals Solution Botanic Complex
- Healthy electrolytes for the skin like Sodium, Potassium, Calcium, and Magnesium improve moisture levels in dry skin and help seal in hydration to improve signs of dull looking skin, restoring balance and radiance
- Helps to support overall skin health, keeping the skin looking vibrant, fresh and lively
- Helps to even out skin tone and texture
- Houttuynia Cordata and Ressurrection Plant enhances skins viability
- Anti-inflammatory benefits: helps heal small wounds, scrapes, and irritation on the skin
- Helps prevent new signs of irritation from forming on the skin and relieves discomfort
- Anti-acne benefits: helps fight signs of blemishes and kills acne causing bacteria that leads to new breakouts
- Anti-acne benefits: helps prevent acne and bacteria that causes blemishes, decreasing breakouts, blackheads and whiteheads (particularly in the t-zone and nasal areas) and bacteria that causes them
- Anti-inflammatory properties help in treating any topical redness, damage or irritation (soothes and heals)
- Anti-aging benefits: helps decrease signs of wrinkles, sun damage, fine lines, and sun spots
- Safe for all skin types: dry skin, combination skin, sensitive skin, and acne-prone skin
- Helps in treating skin infections and decreasing any bacteria on the skin
- Has a long acting moisture hold (72 hours) and attracts hydration to the skin, which is very absorbing and leaves the skin smooth and feeling very moisturized
- For very dry, damaged or sallow skin: helps in in providing moisture to the skin that is very absorbing and provides a long moisture hold
- Feels soothing and nourishing to the skin, soothing and nourishing
Grapefruit Peel Oil
- For dull or dry skin types: helps to moisturize dry or dehydrated skin
- Vitamins A, C, and E are natural antioxidants contained in grapefruit seed oil, and great for skin overall skin health and aesthetic, to promote overall vibrance and skin health
- May kill various strains of fungi and bacteria on the skin, for the treatment of minor topical irritation and preventing irritation
- Works as a suitable antimicrobial agent detoxifying, leaving the skin clean and fresh following use with no residue left behind
- Anti-acne benefits: helps prevent acne causing bacteria and treat existing acne, while preventing the formation of new breakouts and blemishes
Sunflower Seed Oil
- Anti-acne benefits: helps treat and prevent acne breakouts and prevent new breakouts from forming by fighting the bacteria that causes them
- For dull or uneven skin: balances, brightens, and evens out tone and texture
- Anti-inflammatory benefits: especially for sensitive skin, helps soothe any redness, irritation, or damage on the skin and is very calming and nourishing
- For oily/combination skin types: helps restore balance to the skin naturally and restores a more even oil production
- Anti-aging benefits: helps prevent premature signs of aging, fine lines, and signs of sun spots and sun damage
- Preventative anti-aging benefits: protects the skin from the sun and acts as a protective barrier from environmental pollution and harm, UVA/UVB damage and rays
Dr. Jart Cicapair Tiger Grass Repair Serum: Pros & Cons
Overall, Dr. Jart’s Cicapair Repair Serum was incredibly soothing and nourishing and really helped in treating signs of redness, acne, and irritation on the skin. Beyond that, it worked like an excellent regular serum would in restoring radiance, promoting brightening benefits, and enhancing overall skin quality while remaining soothing and nourishing. While some users claimed to have reactions to the product, it’s important to spot-test with any new skincare product to avoid these reactions and allergy is always possible.
With that in mind, here are a look at some main pros and cons with use of the Repair Serum on a regular basis:
- Makes the skin feel smoother and softer fairly quickly after use, and is extremely calming and nourishing (fully repairs all skin types)
- Does not sting when applied to acne marks or red patches, instead it feels refreshing and cooling
- Cruelty-free company: Dr. Jart does not test on any animals, use any animal product during any manufacturing processes, or in any of its product formulations
- Tiger Grass Repair Serum is safe for all skin types, including sensitive and acne-prone skin, and with both skin types I experienced no irritation, redness, reaction, or issues in using the product
- Helps decrease signs of any redness, irritation, inflammation, discomfort, rough patches, or skin sensitivity
- Anti-acne benefits: for those experiencing breakouts or acne, Tiger Grass serum helps in soothing acne and helping to prevent future breakouts, for those with any skin type (can be used for spots and blemishes or to treat acne patches all over the face)
- Safe for use even in those with topical conditions, although it is always smart to consult with a doctor prior to using a new treatment if you take any prescriptions or are on any regimens for a condition already before using
- Leaves the skin looking brighter, more hydrated, plumped, and with a dewy overall appearance
- Helps to even out tone and texture, and minimize the appearance of pore size
- Tiger Grass Repair Serum has a lovely fresh light scent, without being too harsh or overpowering
- Free of any parabens, sulfates, chemical additives, or harsh binding agents that can be triggering for sensitive or acne-prone skin or cause more harmful long term effects
- Feels lightweight and is not greasy, sticky, tacky, or heavy on the skin during or following application
- The dropper included makes application easier and less messy
- While some users reported this (and this was not a personal experience), some claimed the Cicapair Repair Serum broke them out further or simply did not seem to work for their skin, in this case, you are entitled to a full refund of the purchase price of the item
- Price point: while it is not cheap, the ingredients used and the benefits with use make this seem like a worthwhile purchase, especially if you are seeking to treat acne, redness, irritation, and fully improve the look of your skin quickly with natural and clean ingredients (plus it definitely lasts as not much product is needed for use)
Dr. Jart’s Money-Back Guarantee Policy
The manufacturer, Dr. Jart, has a strong return and exchange policy that honors full refunds upon dissatisfaction or allergy, and this policy favors the consumer, both new and returning.
If you are dissatisfied with the use of Dr. Jart’s Cicapair Tiger Grass Serum, or if it does not work for your skin to provide suitable hydrating, skincare, anti-acne, and soothing benefits, or you experience any product allergy or reaction to the formulation, you may elect to return it at any time.
In this case, you will receive a full refund equal to the entire purchase price of the item, if purchased via Amazon.
Dr. Jart Cicapair Tiger Grass Repair Serum: Worth It?
When you’re in need of treatment for dry, red skin or acne (and this is a great treatment for several different types of acne and the bacteria that causes it), Dr. Jart’s Tiger Grass Repair Serum is definitely a worth-it winner that lasts the distance and is made with only the best and cleanest ingredients available.
With radiance and skin enhancing benefits and nourishing and soothing properties, only a couple of drops can completely repair a lot of existing damage and hydrate your skin, while helping to restore damage to the skin and prevent any new damage from forming.
I enjoyed using the Tiger Grass serum to repair acne, redness, soothe any irritation, use it on days when my skin truly needed repair and rescue, and simply as a spot treatment.
While that said, it doubled perfectly just as any other regular serum would in helping to provide benefits like brightening, restored glow and texture, more even and radiant skin, and a much more hydrated skin.
So with dull and dry skin prone to irritation this was a double-win.
Dr. Jart’s Cicapair Tiger Grass Repair Serum was definitely a home run and hype-worthy that we would highly recommend.