As we move closer to the holidays some of us are already considering different gift options, making sure we at least have a few items in mind for people on our annual recipient list.
Last minute shoppers may appreciate this review as well and opt to indulge in a modestly priced gift to self, because after all isn’t that one of the best gifting practices? The Savvy Infusion Water Bottle comes at the same cost of your average water bottle, but does far more in terms of both functionality and benefits of use, hence why it’s worthy of review and ranks number 1 in its category.
The bottle comes with a unique twist-cap infuser that can be filled with fresh fruits, like lemon or strawberry, that blend in with the water and offers a healthy alternative to sodas, coffee products, and sugary juices. Many purchased juices and smoothies contain high amounts of sugar and the calorie counts are often questionable, so the bottle offers a unique solution to a common problem. Most of us likely need to drink more water, and the added flavor can be helpful to many, and offers a lot of variety, without any sugary additives. It also can help over time in saving money in purchasing juices or bottled water (typically in search of higher quality or taste), and has the additional benefit of being environmentally friendly.
The bottle has gained popularity amongst its competitors by offering a leak-proof design, and is available at a lower cost than most models and products in the space. The manufacturer suggests this makes the “perfect gift for women in your life,” but I have to say I certainly believe this would make an excellent gift option that proves affordable and functional for both women and men. When you purchase it you also receive a complimentary e-book with different recipe and juice options, and I have to say the bottle is certainly free of any leaks. I noticed following the purchase I was drinking much more water, which helped during work outs, and helped both my skin and generally decreasing appetite.
The fruit options are limitless, and you can test out what you prefer based on your individual preferences. In the review we cover some main benefits to use, positives and negatives, and offer some background to make the purchasing decision process easier.
The Main Features
Savvy Infusion markets the bottle as a lifestyle category item, perfect for on-the-go outdoor activities with features that help both portability, and durability.
The design is both sleek and functional, and the leak-proof feature definitely adds value, in comparison to other models. It’s easy to use and clean, and definitely helped me drink more water throughout the day. I was seeking a solution to increase my water intake for some time, as I noticed I wasn’t remembering to drink enough, and my skin and hair often suffer from dryness, which the lack of sufficient intake certainly doesn’t help. I also wanted to save on pricey juices and prepared beverages, some of which I’m often uncertain about with respect to nutritional value, sugar content, and overall caloric content. I’ve had a few pressed juices in the past that have seemed healthy, had healthy ingredients listed or posted, but then tasted of sugar and seemed almost too filling, making me suspect the calorie content was much higher than anticipated. I’ve also tried juice drinks marketed as light that still tasted far too sweet, and also had questionable nutritional information.
While these were my main reasons for investing in a reasonably priced bottle with functions to optimize taste and good durability, there are plenty of reasons why this makes an ideal purchase for a gift or the self. Those who are athletes or exercise frequently would likely find the product offers great benefits to use and can easily be tossed in a gym bag. If you’re always nagging your spouse or child about their water intake to no avail, you may also make the process easier via gifting this option. And those who have tried other products on the market before that are not portable, leak, and are difficult to clean may find this particular model solves solutions to common concerns seen in the category.
Ultimately I would recommend this, if you’re looking to increase daily water intake, cut down on prepared beverage costs and save time, or simply enjoy infused drinks and want to do so on the go or more often.
The amount of recipes you can may are seemingly endless, and if you look at the digital book available free with your purchase, you’ll find you can make fresh juices at home (sans the pricey juice press route) that are quite delicious and that you would pay for in a store. It’s like having an inexpensive and limitless juice menu at your disposal. Here are some recipe ideas, all work with both carbonated or plain water, but you’ll find yourself playing with different ingredients as per your own preferences to find your perfect mix. While the idea is to drink water, you may also want to switch it up and make an infused iced tea or lemonade, all while saving on the often hefty purchase price of prepared beverages.
Some Recipe Suggestions:
- Fresh or frozen peaches and oranges
- Fresh peaches with mint and strawberry (optional blueberry)
- Fresh herbs with mint
- Limes and lemons, fresh or frozen
- Fresh mango with orange or lime
- Frozen strawberries (personal favorite, it’s simple but delicious)
- Mint, parsley, and lemon
- Cucumber and lemon
- Clementines, mango, and orange
- Kiwi and lemon
- Lemon, parsley, cucumber, and strawberry
- Fresh clementines, peaches, and cucumber
- Strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries
- Lemonade infused with strawberries and raspberries (saves on the Starbucks price sticker)
- Tea infused with lemon, orange and blueberries
- Water with apple cider vinegar, diffused with lemon and (optional) mint or orange
- Sparkling water with lemon, cucumber, lime, and mango
- Sparkling water with blueberries, fresh mint, and strawberries
Positives and Negatives
The only negatives I noticed with respect to this product were really the length of the infuser (as it only reaches 2/3 of the way down the bottle, and lacks any infusion quality past that point), and issues with the way the product is generally marketed. Some other reviewers have said the bottle can be difficult to drink from due to it’s proportions, but it really would not be leak-proof without the twist-cap top. By removing the red twist-cap at the top, I found it was quite easy to use and had no issues drinking from it. You don’t technically have to do this but it is the easiest route if you experience any issues.
Ultimately the leak-proof functionality adds great value, as I never want any mishaps with leaking water into a purse with a laptop or all over a change of clothes in a gym bag.
- Makes a great gifting option that’s affordable but seems luxurious, and is highly functional
- Helps save time and money by eliminating purchases on juices and store bought beverages
- The bottle comes with a very handy leak-proof siliconed sealed cap with handle, making it highly portable, it’s easy to toss in your gym bag or carry with you in transit
- I combined filtered water with different fruit blends and the quality was honestly improved, in comparison to store-purchased product
- I found my appetite was more suppressed from drinking so much water, and there were visible skin differences
- Drinking more water, which you likely will by using the bottle, clearly improves overall health as well as the physical aesthetic with respect to skin
- Suitable for use with carbonated water as well
- You may add any fresh or frozen fruit products of your choosing, or opt for herbs or supplement products
- Product comes with warranty and free digital recipe guide for using the product and creating different mixes
- Full money-back guarantee policy with no questions asked if desired, and the customer is still able to keep the digital recipe e-book
- Manufacturer has excellent standards of customer service and is willing to answer any questions and address concerns very promptly, if needed or requested
- Simple to clean, unlike some other models
- Minimalist and sleek design, but offers high-function
- Can make a variety of different juice recipes
- Adds flavor to beverages, either sparkling or plain water
- Can be used to make other beverages as well (i.e. lemonade with fruit)
- From an advertising perspective, I’m confused as to why this is marketed as a “gift for women” on behalf of the manufacturer, while this could be attributed to a language barrier, it seems strange as I feel men would enjoy and use this product as well, and products marketed to only one sex tend to bother me irrespective of product category
- The strainer only goes about 2/3 to the bottom, so after that you usually have to refill, or infusion becomes impossible and only plain water remains
The manufacturer has a strong customer service team and will gladly issue a full refund for the entire purchase price with no questions asked if you experience any functional issues, product defects, or are in any way dissatisfied with your purchase. They are also very helpful with respect to any troubleshooting issues and concerns you may have about the product, and will issue a warranty for the product if you request one at no cost or ship fee.
You will also still have full access to the complimentary digital recipe e-book, even if you opt to return the item.
The Final Verdict
I really enjoyed using this product and by far the best benefit to use was in drinking more water and any increased daily intake. My skin and hair really looked more radiant, and in retrospect it’s tough to think about the general state of health in comparison to now, as if there are detrimental effects to the hair and skin, or nails, I can’t imagine how that impacts internal physical health. I found the leak-proof twist cap to be one of the best benefits to use, as a common downfall with other models seems to be in leak issues, which prevent a lot of portable options and traveling with the bottle. This also makes a great gifting option in the $10-$15 price range. For me it was well worth the cost and saved on both time and expenses of purchasing prepared juices, which often seem to come with high sugar contents or questionable nutritional information. I enjoy having the control, in terms of what ingredients I can add, and knowing exactly what’s going into a beverage.
It helps in suppressing the appetite, as thirst and hunger signals are often confused if you’re not getting a sufficient daily intake. I would recommend this to everyone, irrespective of age, gender, or activity level.