Review: Summer Friday’s Jet Lag Mask (A Multi-Use Mask For On The Go)
Summer Friday’s Jet Lag Mask is a hydrating mask rich in antioxidants and Vitamin C to brighten, and is safe and suitable for all skin types, including jet lagged skin.
I have a special affinity for any skincare line founded by female product junkies, and another for anything that can treat or address tired skin. While I’d like to attribute this to tons of travel, my dullness is just a typical result of city smog.
The idea behind this mask is to offer a suitable solution to treat dry skin and a refreshing pick-me-up, designed to treat all types of skin, even ones in need of the most repair. The product is devoid of any parabens, silicones, mineral oil, and sulfate-free.
It’s vegan and cruelty-free, and the greatest factor of differentiation in a crowded category, seems to be the multi-use nature of the product (it doubles as a moisturizer), and the ability for the customer to decide how long to use it for, you can elect to wear it all night or just for 10 minutes and wash it off.
Overall, it functions well as a quick moisture boost, as well as a set it and forget it overnight treatment, the latter which is still highly breathable and comfortable.
The results I found were restored brightness to the skin, radiance and glow, and definitely experienced improvements in hydration. Results were also pretty quick for a topical treatment mask. If you use it overnight, you’ll definitely wake up to soft skin and a nice dewy glow.
So does this mask, dubbed the “ultimate multi-mask,” live up to the hype?
I reviewed to see if it was worth it!
Review: Summer Friday’s Jet Lag Mask
I really enjoyed this product and testing it out. It feels soft, refreshing, and hydrating and delivers visible brightening results.
While I didn’t experience any anti-aging benefits, the mask is not marketed as a solution for lines or wrinkles, so that shouldn’t be the anticipation. Rather, this helps in achieving a revived, freshened, and soft appearance– one that certainly is brightened and glowing. I preferred using it and taking it off, especially right before makeup application, rather than leaving it on overnight.
While it wasn’t greasy or heavy on the skin when left on overnight, even using a thick layer, I generally prefer a night cream or gel texture for increased breathability. With that said, it’s certainly the first overnight mask that has had any overnight comfortability to it.
Every time I’ve tried this previously it’s been a disaster for skin and pillows alike. It didn’t come off on pillows or sheets, which was my main concern after finding it at least comfortable.
The ingredients in the product are all clean and natural, making this an effective solution that’s also great for skin health. I was blown away by the rich yet breathable texture, as well as the ability to treat the delicate under-eye area, which looked visibly refreshed. I even noticed a subtle difference in circles under the eye, which were visibly brightened. I typically don’t even see results using eye gels or creams, so for me that unexpected benefit definitely made the product worth it.
My main concern was that this product had been overhyped by social media marketing and blogging, but in actuality it definitely works, I found it works in terms of both value and unique benefits, and serves as a great treat.
Review: Summer Friday’s Jet Lag Mask Ingredients
Here is a brief summation of key product ingredients as well as their benefits to topical use and skin improvement. Bear in mind all of these ingredients are natural, safe, gentle, and suitable for use with any type of skin, even sensitive, unless a specific allergy is present.
- Inhibits the breakdown of hylaronic acid, promoting anti-aging benefits
- Anti-inflammatory properties help soothe, nourish, and hydrate the skin
- Protects skin from environmental damage and toxins (i.e. pollution)
- Helps repair skin from any preexisting environmental damage
- Rich in antioxidants, beneficial to soothing skin when applied topically
- Restores radiance and glow
- Protects skin from sun damage naturally and heals from prior damage
- Brightens the skin naturally and reduces signs of uneven tone and discoloration, promoting an even and smooth overall tone
- Over time, helps minimize and decrease the appearance of hyper-pigmentation and sun spots
- Improves hydration and moisture, helps bind moisture into the skin and restores any depleted hydration
- Acts as an anti-inflammatory and expedites healing rates
- Helps heal sunburns and promotes skin repair, working in tandem with aloe ingredient
- Anti-aging, antioxidant-rich vitamin C helps boost collagen production and elasticity, diminishing the appearance of any wrinkles or lines
Green Tea Extract
- Fights skin cancer by promoting DNA repair and cellular turnover, helps in protecting from future DNA damage
- B2 contained in green tea extract helps maintains structure and firmness to the skin, anti-aging properties including minimizing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Vitamin E (found in green tea extract) supports skin cell growth and expedites cellular turnover while hydrating the skin, providing moisture benefits for all skin types, even very dry skin, which is left feeling smooth and rich
- Protects against free radical damage in the environment, prevents harm to skin
- Fights any preexisting DNA damage caused by sun damage (UVB rays-ones that cause burns and damage to the dermis)
- Antibacterial agent that treats and prevents acne and breakouts, prevents the formation of new acne blemishes and acne-causing bacteria
I did not personally experience any negative issues despite price concerns, including any concerns or skin reactions, but of course allergy is always possible with any topical use product. General dissatisfaction is also possible. Summer Friday’s has a strong return and exchange policy that honors full refunds upon dissatisfaction or allergy, and this policy favors both new and returning consumers. If you are dissatisfied with the use of the product, or if it does not work for your skin to provide suitable benefits, or you experience any product allergy or reaction to the formulation, you may elect to return it at any time. In this case, you will receive a full refund equal to the entire purchase price of the item.
This policy is always helpful when you question social hype or have price concerns.
Summer Friday’s Jet Lag Mask Positives and Negatives
The only negative I found with this product was in respect to the price, but ultimately I would both purchase it again and recommend it. I would recommend it to those seeking visible brightening results and a suitable treatment solution for dullness and dryness that doesn’t seem to improve with a traditional moisturizer or oil treatment alone. It’s also perfect for post-travel, or those days you simply haven’t gotten enough rest the night before.
Perhaps a favorite for a Monday evening, or Friday after a long work week.
- Suitable for use with any skin type or concern, safe and gentle even for those with skin conditions (i.e. rosacea)
- For those with skin conditions, it can even be calming and soothing to the skin (it’s of course advisable to consult a dermatologist concerning more severe conditions)
- Doesn’t break you out or cause any irritation
- Vegan company that is completely cruelty free, no animals are tested on or used for product during the manufacturing process
- Multi-mask ability, you can opt to leave it on all night or use it for a shorter time and wash off
- Perfect for prior to makeup application- great for a quick pick me up, doesn’t require the use of any additional primer or oil prior to application
- Extremely hydrating, soothes and treats even very dry skin types
- Improves radiance, glow, evens out skin texture
- Creates visible glow if used as a standalone product, or for a dewy finish before makeup
- Perfect for tired, dull, or dehydrated skin
- Formulated free of any parabens, sulfates, or harmful chemical additives or dyes
- Price- as with any luxury skincare product or cosmetics purchase, the price sticker isn’t always as pretty as results. But you’ll probably find it a valuable item, particularly if used conservatively, as it seems to become a staple item along with a great cleanser and moisturizer
- Some reviewers felt the product seemed overhyped or was based somewhat in successful media marketing
The Final Verdict
This mask is definitely suitable for tired, dull, and even jet-lagged skin, if you happen to be a frequent traveler.
I love the added benefits of multi-use, and it definitely helps in decreasing the need for a moisturizer or primer, if applied before makeup application. My favorite application to use was for a quick pick-me-up treat. It also was perfect for under makeup, and seemed to really set the look and provide a dewy finish that was still matte. It helps restore radiance, glow, and creates a visibly brighter aesthetic. While users should not expect full or deep anti-aging benefits, like you may see with a glycolic mask or retinoid containing product, the ingredients have the benefit of being all natural and packed with antioxidants, which is great for overall skin health and helps create an effective product that’s still healthy for topical use.
In addition to healthy clean ingredients, users and fans take solace in the company’s commitment to vegan products that are cruelty-free, with effective but well sourced ingredients for formulation.
I also like that it’s safe and effective for all skin types, even the most sensitive skin. I experienced no allergic reaction, breakouts or irritation. Recommended!