I’ve reviewed seemingly limitless cleansers at this juncture, from balms, to gels, to oils, to bars, to DIY projects, the latter of which usually go awry.
I’ll leave it to the professionals. But Eve Lom’s softening cleanser is perhaps the single best facial cleansing product I have tried to date.
The product provides a deep and refreshing cleanse that feels like silk when applied to the skin, and deep cleans the skin without a single drop of drying or stripping, removing even the most stubborn eye makeup and mascara, without a trace of any dirt or oil left behind. The deep cleansing and gentle exfoliation provided during application enables skin cells to regenerate quickly and provides a receptive base for beauty products to work at their best, including any serums or moisturizers that may follow. But the product also tends to eliminate the need for any toner or weekly exfoliating treatment. Not only does the product soften and smoothen out the skin, it completely detoxifies the skin and removes any debris, dirt, oil, or trapped dirt under the skin. It also comes with two Muslim cloths for perfect removal and a refreshing finish.
It’s suitable for all skin types, even the most sensitive skin types, and is formulated with effective quality ingredients. This review will cover the Eve Lom classic cleanser including some main features, positives and negatives to bear in mind prior to purchase, and a final verdict to help you make a more informed purchasing decision.
The Main Features
Formulated for all skin types, even the most sensitive skin, Eve Lom’s Cleanser is a multi-use product thats formula decongests, exfoliates, tones, soothes, and deep cleanses to remove impurities and waterproof makeup for a radiant complexion. It is designed to treat dullness, uneven tone, dehydration, lack of balance, and acne and blemishes. Formulated free of any sulfates, Eve Lom has pioneered decades of skincare experience. In this case, their powerful emulsion creates a perfect cleansing balm that deep cleanses pores without stripping or drying the skin for a soft, hydrated, and radiant complexion. The formulation combines essential oils, clove oil to target blemishes and encourage clear skin, eucalyptus oil to combat toxins, hops oil to tone the skin, Egyptian chamomile oil to soften and sooth, and cocoa butter to hydrate and balance. These potent ingredients work in tandem to create a proprietary blend of aromatic essential oils to lift away impurities and deliver a deep clean, even with eye makeup and mascara. After using the product, the skin is left looking radiant and refreshed, and feels incredibly soft and supple. It is suitable for even the most sensitive skin and can actually help in reducing the appearance of any redness or topical irritation.
I enjoyed using this product with the included cloths, which expedite the exfoliating process and make the skin look even more supple and radiant. The complexion is left nearly flawless, and the aesthetic and feeling provided is simply unmatched in the product category.
I would recommend this for anyone seeking a perfect cleansing balm that is designed to create a radiant, flawless aesthetic and experience gentle exfoliation which is never drying or stripping to the face or neck area. The scent is also lovely and the texture never feels greasy or sticky.
How To Apply
Apply Eve Lom cleanser to the face using circular movements with clean fingers. Dip the muslin cloth in hot water and wring out. Press onto the face and hold for 5 seconds. Repeat 3 times. Rinse the cloths in warm water and remove all traces of make-up and cleanser making circular movements to exfoliate. Rinse cloth in cold water and re-apply to the face for 5 seconds to close the pores. Gently pat skin dry with a towel.
Do not use a tonic, toner, exfoliant, or astringent.
Do not use a moisturizer on oily erupted skin as this may cause irritation or redness.
Positives and Negatives
The main negative feature I find with this product is the price point, as it is quite a splurge item, however a very small amount goes a long way, and in comparison to benefits associated with use, it definitely feels like a valuable product. Here is a look at some key pros and cons to bear in mind prior to purchase:
- A very small amount of product goes a long way, so users can expect several months of use with this product, as a quarter sized amount will suffice
- Removes all makeup, including eye makeup and mascara
- Provides a refreshing deep clean to the skin without any drying or stripping following use
- Skin feels soft and supple following use, with improved radiance and brightening
- Makeup application is even more radiant following use
- Wonderful product for dry skin, that never feels sticky or greasy upon use
- Anti-acne benefits: product provides anti-acne benefits and helps fight the bacteria that causes it in the first place
- For those with oily or combination skin, a return of balance is often noted and you may feel skin is restored
- Two muslin clothes are included in the set, and help remove even further dirt and oil with a luxurious feel after application, the clothes also aid in exfoliation
- Removal of blackheads, whiteheads, blemishes and other debris
- Even with sensitive skin, the product did not break out, irritate, or cause any redness or breakouts, even with sensitive and acne-prone skin
- Skin appears radiant and refreshed immediately following use
- Does not burn eyes or cause any irritation near eye area
- Extremely easy to apply and remove, with no greasiness, sticky feeling or residue
- Lovely scent devoid of any harsh perfume odors or chemical type smells
- Wonderful for sensitive skin or skin prone to redness or breakouts
- Product lives up to and exceeds all benefits of use as initially claimed
- While I feel it is worth it as it is definitely the best cleanser I have used to date, the price tag is quite steep, and many may not feel it is justifiable given the product category, however a very small amount of product goes a very long way, and anti-aging benefits can be experienced with the use of the cleanser as a standalone product
- While most love the product, many feel it is lackluster at best or could come at a lower cost in comparison to other products on the market in the category
- Product does contain mineral oil, for those with objections to this ingredient
The manufacturer, Eve Lom, has a strong return and exchange policy that honors full refunds upon dissatisfaction or allergy, and this policy favors the consumer, both new and returning. If you are dissatisfied with the use of the cleanser, or if it does not work for your skin to provide suitable hydrating or anti-aging benefits, or you experience any product allergy or reaction to the formulation, you may elect to return it at any time. In this case, you will receive a full refund equal to the entire purchase price of the item. If the item was received as a gift (without receipt), the policy applies for an even exchange, and this policy is applicable to online purchase, as individual store policy may vary depending on location and distributer.
I was happy to discover that the formulation was gentle enough to use even with very sensitive skin and did not cause any breakouts, but due to price barriers or sensitivity concerns this policy may help assuage fears, as individual allergies are highly variable.
The Final Verdict
While pricey, Eve Lom’s cleanser and corresponding muslin clothes provide one of the best cleansing experiences I have ever tried. The texture and scent are lovely, and the results are nearly immediate and always visible. Users can expect anti-aging benefits, more radiant complexions, and more even skin tones following use. It’s wonderful as a multi-use product, as there is a visible decrease in pore size, a deep cleanse without any drying or stripping of the skin, and exfoliating benefits which are also devoid of any drying properties. This makes a wonderful introductory product into the line if you are new and is truly worth the indulgence (or at least a sample!) It also makes a lovely gifting option and can be used for several different concerns in one go.
So while it may not be inexpensive, there is a strong chance you can eliminate other products during the use of this one, and you may also find you need very little product for suitable daily use. Recommended!