Peter Thomas Roth is a skincare brand I’ve known and come to adore mostly for his incredible line of masks that seem to work like overnight miracle treatments, or at-home spa type systems. The serum products and moisturizers work wonders, and other than one charcoal containing mask that I found too potent for highly sensitive skin, his offering is generally solid, effective, and results-driven.
This season the brand has presented the “Get Drenched” collection, a 50% savings to retail value product with 3 skincare products formulated for all skin types, designed to treat signs of dryness, dullness, and aging concerns (such as fine lines and wrinkles, loss of elasticity, loss of collagen and firmness, sallow skin, sun damage and sun spots).
The trio combines hyaluronic acid, ceramides, and antioxidants to quench the skin and effectively treat even the most dehydrated skin.
All of the included products are formulated with safe and naturally based ingredients, and are free of any harsh parabens, sulfates, or chemical additives, meaning the products are suitable for all skin types, even the most sensitive skin (barring any specific allergy to an ingredient contained in a specific formulation).
This review will cover the main product features on the collection, a look at the included products with briefer reviews for each, some main pros and cons to bear in mind prior to purchase, as well as a final verdict, to help you make a more informed purchasing choice prior to any point of sale.
Review: Peter Thomas Roth Get Drenched!
Peter Thomas Roth’s set includes one Water Drench Cloud Cream Moisturizer, one Water Drench Cloud Cream Cleanser, and one Water Drench Cloud Serum. All of the products work together in tandem to hydrate the skin, provide brightening benefits, plump and firm, and create a more radiant aesthetic, for those who are experiencing any dullness or sallowness.
All of the products are extremely lightweight and highly breathable, yet actually provide suitable benefits and hydrate the skin quite well. Both the serum and moisturizer definitely made my skin look more plump and firm, hydration benefits were solid, and there was a restored glow for dull and sallow skin.
The products are extremely gentle and fragrance free, and did not irritate or create any redness, even with extremely sensitive skin prone to breakouts and reactivity. I was also surprised to see how fast the products worked, as I began experiencing compliments regarding my skin following use immediately and was not using any other treatment product at the time in conjunction with the set.
In terms of longevity, a very small amount of product goes a very long way, so users can anticipate months of use (only a pea sized amount is required and overuse will not enhance features or benefits).
Below you will find breakdowns on the 3 pieces included in the set and corresponding benefits with topical use.
Peter Thomas Roth Get Drenched: Products
1.7 oz/ 50 mL Water Drench Cloud Cream Moisturizer
From the manufacturer, “Peter Thomas Roth’s Water Drench® Hyaluronic Cloud Cream Hydrating Moisturizer drenches your skin with a liquid cloud of pure, endless moisture drawn right from the atmosphere. This concentrated 30 percent Hyaluronic Acid complex cream transforms atmospheric vapor into fresh, pure water from the clouds, providing your skin with a continuous burst of intense hydration.”
Using this product on a regular basis, my skin has never been so clear and soft. I experienced no irritation, redness, reactivity or acne even with very sensitive and acne-prone skin (this is highly variable and based on individual allergy).
While hydrating, the texture is extremely lightweight and a very small amount of product goes a long way, adding value to the set and shelf-life. Dabbed on skin that is already semi-wet, the product proves to be even more absorbing and hydrating. It is not at all greasy or sticky, and leaves behind no product buildup or unwanted texture.
It’s so gentle and nourishing on the skin that even those with very sensitive skin types and topical conditions praise the brand for saving their skin and experiencing noticeable improvements with respect to said conditions. If you’re very dry, it pairs perfectly right over the included moisturizer.
I would recommend this without reservation for anyone seeking a lightweight daily-use serum for night or day thats looking to restore radiance, hydrate the skin, and restore balance, with a silky texture that never weights down the skin.
1 oz/ 30 mL Water Drench Cloud Cream Cleanser
This whipped cleanser and makeup remover in one is designed to provide visible benefits to the skin while restoring hydration (and is likely the best for those with dry skin types). It is extremely gentle and frothy, foams up quite a bit, and is very soothing for those with dry or sensitive skin.
I loved the products ability to provide an extremely deep clean, removing even heavy eye makeup, without any trace of product residue left behind, or drying or stripping of the skin. It’s ideal if you’re dry and looking for a daily moisturizing cleanser that will hydrate will scrubbing away impurities, removing all makeup and detoxifying the skin.
For me, the product eliminated the need for a toner. The texture is soft and a little product goes a long way, and the scent is quite light and lovely, devoid of any chemical or perfume odor. While I will say I personally enjoyed the odor, many reviewers and customers felt the extreme opposite, and had trouble tolerating the odor.
If scent is extremely important to you, it may be important to check out what others have to say to based on person experience and preference.
From the manufacturer, “The Water Drench® Cloud Cream Cleanser is a non-stripping, fragrance-free, cream cleanser that gently removes makeup, excess oil, and impurities, while moisturizing skin with pure water vapor drawn from the clouds. It also helps maintain skin’s moisture levels for a radiant, more youthful-looking complexion.”
0.5 oz/ 15 mL Water Drench Cloud Serum
This 75 percent hyaluronic acid complex that helps keep skin hydrated and radiant but feels extremely lightweight and absorbing on the skin at the same time. Designed to treat signs of dryness, aging (fine lines, wrinkles, sun damage, sun spots and loss of elasticity), the product also works at restoring even texture and made my dry skin incredibly soft and dewy.
Other benefits included overall restored brightening, radiance, a revived aesthetic, and suitable hydration especially when used in conjunction with the cream (or an oil product of your choice).
From PTR, “The Water Drench® Hyaluronic Cloud Serum is formulated with 75 percent Hyaluronic Acid Complex, which helps keep skin hydrated. An invisible veil of hydration attracts up to 1,000 times its weight in water from moisture in the atmosphere. This helps replenish the appearance of aging and dehydrated skin with vital moisture, imparting a look of youthful radiance.”
Ingredients and Benefits
For those of us with extremely sensitive skin (including acne-prone or breakout), it is often just as important to pay attention to ingredients in food labels as you would groceries you purchase. With that said, here is a look at some main benefits to the key products found in the formulation and their corresponding benefits with daily topical use:
- Creates a smooth and supple texture and aesthetic, that’s softer and improved in hydration
- Is a naturally occurring element in the body that depletes over time with age (akin to collagen), requiring restoration to maintain the same youthful appearance
- Increases hydration and overall appearance of the skin, ability to absorb 1000 times its weight in water
- Safe and suitable for all skin types and sensitivities, this ingredient helps restore a supple appearance, smoother aesthetic, and helps replenish depleted hydration
- Aids in anti-aging, firming and maintaining moisture to the skin and layers of the dermis
- Helps diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and signs of hyper-pigmentation and sun damage/sun spots over time with continual daily use
- Suitable for all skin types, helping restore balance in oil production for those with oily or combination skin, and adding moisture for those with dry skin
- Lightweight in texture, this is not an ingredient that typically makes a product feel heavy, greasy, or sticky on the skin
- Allows for deep hydration for up to 72 hours with a very strong moisture hold
- Helps smoothen and soften dry or dehydrated skin
- Helps diminish the appearance of any dry patches of the skin on topical areas
- Keeps skin calm and hydrated, if you are dull or dry
- Helps restore radiance for sallow skin or to tackle any dullness
- Fights inflammation and can help with itch, redness, or rash
- Compliments any uneven skin, lines and wrinkles, and dry skin
- Protects from free radical damage and neutralizes free radical damage and environmental stress
- Protects skin from sun damage naturally and heals from prior damage
- Anti-aging, antioxidant-rich vitamin E helps boost collagen production and elasticity, diminishing the appearance of fine lines or wrinkles
- Brightens the skin naturally and reduces signs of uneven tone and discoloration, promoting an even and smooth overall tone
- Improves hydration and moisture, helps bind moisture into the skin and restores any depleted hydration
- Acts as an anti-inflammatory and expedites healing rates for any skin irritation, wounds, cuts, scrapes or rashes
- Helps heal sunburns and promotes skin repair, working in tandem with aloe ingredient
- Improves overall skin tone, texture and clarity
- Detoxifies the skin and helps in removing any impurities, dirt and oil
- May help in minimizing the appearance of pore size
- Anti-acne benefits: helps treat existing breakouts, fights the bacteria that causes acne and prevents the formation of new acne marks
- Helps restore radiance in dull and sallow skin
- Anti-aging benefits: helps fights signs of wrinkles, fine lines, sun spots, acne scarring, and sun damage
- Helps prevent the skin from free radical damage, i.e. preventative anti-aging benefits and overall skin health benefits
- Supports overall skin health while protecting from damage
Marshmallow Root Extract
- Anti-aging benefits: in tandem with the other ingredients in the formulation, the extract helps in treating signs of fine lines, wrinkles, sun damage, and loss of elasticity
- The extract has a contains a high percentage of mucilage, which has intensive hydrating, softening, and balancing properties
- Helps skin retain moisture and evens out tone
- May help in preventing the risk of irritation if you’re using a harsher retinoid or lactic acid containing product at the same time
- Soothes, softens, and nourishes even the most sensitive skin
Peter Thomas Roth Get Drenched: Pros & Cons
Here are a look at some key pros and cons to consider prior to purchase:
- Cruelty-free company: none of the products have been tested on any animals, and no animal product was used during any manufacturing processes or during the making of any of the products
- All of the included products are free of any parabens, sulfates, or harsh chemical additives
- All of the products included provide brightening benefits, increase vibrance and luminosity and restore texture (as well as hydration, for those with dry skin)
- All included products are suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin (barring any allergy to ingredients in individual formulations)
- In comparison to retail value, this set offers a 50% savings, making it an excellent way to try out some expensive luxury products at a more affordable rate
- Excellent gifting option for those with recipients who enjoy skincare, with no overt anti-aging marketing on packaging or design aesthetic
- Excellent as a trial set or introductory item for those unfamiliar with the brand looking to try out new products, especially at a more more affordable rate that offers strong value
- Excellent item for fans of the brand or the mask line looking to try out other skincare products prior to investing in full size versions of products with larger price stickers
- For those with dull or sallow skin: you can except to see results including improved vibrancy and restored radiance immediately following use
- Overall, skin feels more radiant, smooth, hydrated, supple, and appears to have a more youthful aesthetic
- For the category. some would still say that this item is a splurge, however in comparison to retail and in comparison to benefits and longevity, it definitely feels like a worthwhile purchase if you can afford to indulge one
- If you accidentally get the cleanser in the eyes, it definitely burns, so exercise caution
- A lot of customers are not fans of the silicone contained in the cleanser, so dependent on your individual preferences, this may be a factor for you.
Peter Thomas Roth: Money-Back Guarantee
Especially considering the item may be a gift open to interpretation based on preference, the return policy in this case may be a highly important factor for you.
The manufacturer, Peter Thomas Roth, has a strong return and exchange policy that honors full refunds upon dissatisfaction or allergy, and this policy favors the consumer, both new and returning. If you are dissatisfied with the use of the products, or if it does not work for your skin to provide suitable hydrating, anti-aging, or general skincare benefits, or you experience any product allergy or reaction to any of the formulations, you may elect to return it at any time.
In this case, you will receive a full refund equal to the entire purchase price of the item.
Peter Thomas Roth Get Drenched: The Final Verdict
Ultimately, if you’re seeking a great collection set this holiday season as a gift or for yourself at a discount in comparison to retail, Peter Thomas Roth’s offering is a solid set thats filled with hydration benefits and helps nourish and repair dehydrated skin.
If you’re seeking to treat signs of aging, dullness, sallow skin, or restore radiance, this power packed trio will also be up your alley, and you can anticipate results quite quickly, as the ingredients in the formulations are quite potent but are still extremely efficacious.
This makes a lovely starter set as an introductory item to PTR, makes a great gifting option sans any overt anti-aging marketing, and is great for fans of the skincare mask line looking to test out other solid items from the brand.
Highly recommended, 5/5!