I decided to try out Mpow’s 059 Bluetooth Headphones after searching for the best and most affordable comfortable over-ear headphones with the strongest connectivity across all devices.
While they aren’t noise-canceling but still boost good sound quality for an affordable price, Mpow’s 059 Bluetooth Headphones seemed to have the highest rated reviews (across almost 20k users).
Having lived alone for some time and needing to make a new roommate shift, and never trying bluetooth headphones for a MacBook or TV before, I was fairly clueless in which to purchase and simply looking for good sound quality, a decent price point, and most importantly- strong connectivity that would work across multiple devices.
Because who wants to disturb anyone else with late night calls, videos or watching TV?
If you have a newer MacBook or Apple product and want to listen to music, especially if you’ve been attached to your cord headphones for years, you may be one of the millions wondering why they made the bluetooth only shift in the first place.
Sometimes it seems like the fastest and easiest option to simply spring for a simple pair of bluetooth headphones that will get the job done.
So how do Mpow’s 059 Bluetooth Headphones measure up? We reviewed to find out.
Review: Mpow 059 Bluetooth Headphones
Mpow’s 059 Bluetooth Headphones with HD sound and rich bass are durable and comfortable, fold up easily, and connect extremely well to all bluetooth compatible devices.
With 8 color options to pick from, I opted for the pink version, but more popular models include the deep black, black and grey, and black and red.
The headphones came in a soft pouch with a charging cord and extra jack cable, and do require a quick charge before you get started, especially if you want to start connecting multiple devices.
Mpow’s Bluetooth Headphones are so user friendly that you barely need to read the instruction guide even as a beginner (note: not a suggestion to toss them!), and as soon as I pushed down on the main side button (a blue and red light will light up), and turned on my phone’s bluetooth, they were instantly connected. 0 waiting or searching time.
The laptop connection took process took a bit longer but was still extremely easy, and mostly due to my own admitted lack of experience (you can read more below about connectivity).
The sound quality, compared to price, is clean and crisp, with decent bass, and certainly high for different devices without any lags, static, or matching issues.
If you are a true music and headphone junkie, and are looking for extremely rich bass quality and HD or noise-cancellation, you may be disappointed. While some users compare Mpow 059 to Beats quality or higher, I wouldn’t personally agree.
I would say for the price and value it’s extremely good, and as good as you’re going to find, but you should not be expecting Apple Airpods sound.
Overall, highly durable, nearly perfect battery life, excellent range and connectivity, great price point, extremely comfortable, and hours of playback time.
Connectivity: A+, Battery Life: A+, Range: A+, Price/Value: A+, Sound Quality: B- (cell), B+ (other), Comfort: A, Durable: A
Mpow 059 Bluetooth Headphones: Product Specs
- Sound quality: HD Sound and Richer Bass
- No active-noise cancelling
- Foldable & Rotatable, High-Fidelity
- Bluetooth Version: 4.0
- Range: 33 feet (10 meters)
- Talking Time: Around 15 hours
- Playback Time: Around 13 hours
- Charging Time: 4 hours
- Charging Voltage: 5V
- Battery Capacity: 420mAh
- Included 3.55mm audio jack cable, soft cloth pouch, and usb cable
Mpow 059 Bluetooth Headphones: Connectivity
My main interest in purchasing these headphones was in strong connectivity across multiple devices, especially for Apple products (without any static, lag time, voice mismatching or any other issues) at an affordable rate. And for that purpose alone, I would give Mpow 059 an A+, getting the job done well with whichever device your are trying to connect to (as long as it is bluetooth compatible). Many reviewers have claimed that the headphones sync quicker and easier than 300+ models they own.
With that in mind, here is a breakdown of some commonly paired devices and their connectivity with the headphones (if there is a certain model or specific device you’re curious about that we haven’t reviewed, please feel free to leave a comment or question so we can let you know how the connectivity may work):
Excellent and strong connectivity that’s never given me a problem in any area or zone (using an old iPhone 6 model), the connectivity for cellular is better than a lot of more expensive models I’ve tried that seem to malfunction or lose range (even when in range), or just generally have issues you can’t figure out. The talking time for the headset is also great and around 15 hours, with good audio mic quality on both ends, and the range seems to be closer to 50 feet. I have never had a single issue here, and this is probably the single best bluetooth connection device for cell I’ve ever tried. Playback time of 13 hours is amazing, it can last up to 20 hours though (of just music).
It obviously depends on which TV you are using with Mpow 059, but anything with bluetooth connectivity should work to produce a good crisp sound quality and strong connectivity without annoying lags. If you are having any issues with the headphones working with your standard TV model, you will need to purchase a transmitter, and then they will work perfectly.
*You should definitely research your specific TV model prior to purchase just to ensure you have bluetooth function*
Initially it took me about an hour to connect the Mpow’s to my MacBook Pro (13″ late 2017 model)- but mind you, I have to admit this was the first time I had even used bluetooth connection with my laptop. So, it was actually much easier than I thought and once figured out, it paired easily and stayed connected. For Bluetooth laptop headphones, the sound is actually quite impressive, clear, and crisp. There is some static when you’re not actively listening to any videos, but other than that, lips and audio sync perfectly, and there seem to be no issues at all. Any laptop or PC with bluetooth connection will work with the headphones and produce the same crisp quality.
While I did not not personally try it, iPad Products are connectable with the headphones in the same way your laptop would be. Simply go to “Bluetooth” settings, and connect the Mpow headphones to your desired device. If within range, the sound should be clear and pick up steadily just as it would with your phone or computer. Other users who use the headphones with iPad devices report them working similarly to laptops, with crisp sound and syncing.
Kindle products with bluetooth connectivity also work with the headphones with strong connectivity, and likewise any Alexa product with bluetooth capability will also work with Mpow 059.
The PS4 requires a USB dongle or transmitter, and will not be compatible with the Mpow 059 Bluetooth Headphones. The PS3 will work for bluetooth connectivity, and they can be used for gaming on Xbox wirelessly with bluetooth connection or with the provided cable.
Mpow 059 Bluetooth Headphones: Pros and Cons
Overall, especially for the price, Mpow’s 059 Over-Ear Headphones are excellent in terms of battery life, connectivity, durability, comfort, range, and the sound quality for price and value is neat and crisp (for other devices it is very strong, for phones, especially for those with experience with higher quality audio equipment it might fall short). But ultimately, these are definitely some of the best bluetooth HD sound headphones for the lowest cost with the strongest connection for any compatible device you’re trying to use.
Here are a look at some key pros and cons to bear in mind prior to purchase with Mpow’s 059 Bluetooth Headphones:
- Comfortable: I found these extremely comfortable to wear even for long periods of time, especially for over-ear headphones, designed with protein ear cushions to keep the ears and head comfortable for long-use, they don’t feel heavy, tight, or annoying to wear
- Connectivity: while with laptops and TVs it takes a bit of time to connect at first if you’re a novice, but once you are paired, the connection is strong and you can pair multiple devices to the headphones at once (i.e. phone and laptop without any issues) as long as you are within range, lips move in sync with audio and it’s definitely excellent connectivity for TV/PC/Laptop and Ipad users, the range actually seems to fall more within the 50 feet zone
- Sound quality: for the price point, I felt the sound quality was decent, but it’s important to bear in mind these are not noise-cancelling models or extremely “fancy” devices, so if you’re an avid audio lover who craves HD sound and richer bass, you may feel like you’re missing out with this model, but for the price point, these are definitely still have a rich, clean sound (some users love the sound, this is a personal preference and in comparison to models that are much pricier, for the price, sound quality is good, I personally did not agree with users comparing quality to Beats)
- Charge time: the charge time for these headphones is excellent, you almost seem to lose track of how long you’ve been using them free of a new charge, even if you’re connecting to multiple devices (13 hours of continuous music time, 15 hours of continuous talk time)
- Excellent price point and value: for just under $35, this is pretty much the strongest pair of bluetooth connecting headphones you can get in terms of sound, connection, overall quality, durability, specs, and function
- Extremely durable: the headphones come with a neat silk traveling pouch, fold up easily, and are easy to carry around with you on the go
- Good for runners and working out: while they are not marketed as “sweat resistant” specifically, these are used and loved by many work out fans, and runners claim they use them safely with no issues
- Extremely user friendly and great for beginners
- Great mic reception with no lags or drops on either side or issues with callers hearing you (that I’ve experienced)
- Comes with wire cord as well in case you do not want to use them as bluetooth headphones
- No active noise-canceling: while considering the price point, you can’t really be picky about something like this, if you do have other loud neighbors, roommates, or a lot of street noise, these head phones will not completely cancel out other sound
- The bass quality and overall sound could certainly be stronger, so if you’re looking for a model with strong connectivity as well as HD sound and richer bass, you may want to make an investment in a pricier bluetooth model
Mpow 059 Money-Back Guarantee-Policy
If you have not used Mpow products or bluetooth headphones before, the return and exchange policy in this case may be a highly important factor for you.
The manufacturer, Mpow, has a strong return and exchange policy that honors full refunds upon dissatisfaction or allergy, and this policy favors the consumer, both new and returning.
Every product sold has a 45-day money back & 18-month warranty, and you can also purchase a 3 year protection plan for $1.44 or a 4 year protection plan for $2.12.
If you are dissatisfied with the use of Mpow’s 059 Bluetooth Headphones, or if they malfunction, stop working, or you experience any manufacturing issues, many customers have noted they have a very strong customer service policy and tend to replace headphones upon any issues.
In this case, you will receive a full refund equal to the entire purchase price of the item, if purchased via Amazon (it can’t be guaranteed to apply to individual stores or merchants).
In this case, the Mpow 059 Bluetooth Headphones functioned well with no defects or manufacturing issues across any devices and I have yet to experience any issues, but considering the small price difference, the protection plan is definitely a smart investment if you’re looking for a longterm option just to be safe.
Mpow 059 Bluetooth Headphones: Worth It Winner?
When you’re looking for the best pair of bluetooth headphones with strong connectivity across different devices, crisp sound quality, comfort, and great battery life, I would definitely recommend Mpow’s 059 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones without any hesitation.
The price point is actually fairly unbelievable considering how great these work for perfect connections and crisp audio with bluetooth compatible laptops, PCs, Alexa devices, gaming, Kindles, and TVs.
With your cell phone, the connection and range is stronger and better than models I have tried in the $300+ range.
For over-ear headphones, they are also not only perfect for travel, sports, and on-the-go, they are extremely comfortable on the head and ears even for long periods of time.
The sound quality is not perfect, but in comparison to value is it extremely good, especially for devices other than cell phones.
Ultimately, I was extremely happy with my Mpow Bluetooth Headphone purchase and would absolutely recommend these.
The reviews seemed too good to be true for the price, but having experienced them first hand, I’d have to agree and give them a definite 5/5 as the best you can get for your money in this category.