LilyAna Naturals provides an organic and natural solution to anti-aging with results that are visible and effective. Similar to the line’s Vitamin C Serum, their Retinol Cream tops Amazon’s bestsellers in the beauty category and has a growing audience of consumers across a wide demographic that continues to praise the combination of results and affordability. Having used the cream myself, this article will be a Lilyana Naturals Retinol Cream review.
We love the ease of access to a natural and results-driven product offering, and the Retinol Cream is no exception. Retinol products have become synonymous with anti-aging. Consistent application and use of this cream boost collagen and elastin production (production begins to decline over age, but replenishment can heal existing damage).
Additional benefits include increased cellular turnover, a decrease in pore size, and addressing any signs of sun damage or hyper-pigmentation. Retinol creams are beneficial in the treatment of preexisting signs of aging, such as fine lines and wrinkles, and also act as preventative skincare treatments to mitigate future damage.
Dermatologists, aestheticians and skincare experts widely agree on the power of topical retinol treatments, with many calling it a “miracle in a bottle” and the “key to permanent post-facial skin without the price sticker.”
Lilyana Naturals has developed a product with clinical-grade strength retinol, and supplements the product with all-natural green tea and aloe vera, an option to soothe the skin free of any harsh chemical additives.
So how does this product compare against the steep competition? Users and fans seem to agree that this is a highly effective treatment option that is free of any potential irritation (redness, breakout, reaction), and the soothing ingredients in conjunction with retinol make it both safe and efficacious.
Rare is a clinical-strength topical retinol that makes claims to soothe the skin and provide a gentle application.
Lilyana Naturals Review:
Lilyana Naturals is a newly-incepted company that acts as an exclusive Amazon vendor (for now).
They are best known for offering affordable but effective products, and are a vegan, all natural, cruelty-free brand. Family owned and operated, they set out on a mission to develop a small collection of naturally formulated products that were gentle and offered the same skin results as more expensive and/or chemically based treatments.
Their retinol serum is the most-reviewed product, offering all of the same benefits to the traditional treatment without any of the typical retinoid side-effects or corresponding irritation to the skin. With the soothing ingredients found in this product, users will be happy to experience the same benefits to use as a traditional retinoid without the initial redness/peeling time period that typically occurs with first-time use.
Consequently, the retinol cream acts as a moisturizing agent as well as a full anti-aging treatment, unusual as retinoids are typically inherently drying.
Ingredients and Benefits
This topical treatment cream blends clinical-grade strength retinol with soothing agents, such as aloe, and green tea. Here’s a look at some benefits of product composition:
- Topical retinol products play a huge role in a solid anti-aging skincare routine or regimen and address full skincare restoration
- Derivatives of Vitamin A boost the production of collagen, brighten and speed up cellular turnover processes
- Over 700 clinical studies have noted the benefits of retinol in reducing the appearance of aging. This retinol offers a powerful formulation and provides great benefits in terms of restoring youth and glow
- Reduces the appearance of fine-lines, wrinkles, feathering, and sun damage
Green Tea Extract
- Fights skin cancer by promoting DNA repair and cellular turnover, protects against free radical damage
- Fights any preexisting DNA damage caused by sun damage (UVB rays-that cause burns-specifically)
- Vitamin E (found in green tea) supports skin cell growth and turnover while hydrating
- Antibacterial agent that treats and prevents acne and breakouts, prevents the formation of new acne blemishes
- B2 maintains structure and firmness to the skin, anti-aging properties
- Softens and hydrates skin without clogging pores, leading to a glowing complexion and reduced pore size, prevents pore size future growth
- Anti-inflammatory properties promote healing and soothing to the skin
- Fights acne and acne-causing bacteria, helps address and repair scarring from previous acne
- Effective healing properties to the skin, helps repair and nurture tissue, helps treat sun damage and acts as a post-burn treatment
- Anti-aging properties; aloe vera contains beta carotene, vitamin C and E that can help improve the skin’s natural firmness and improve elasticity
- Helps diminish the appearance of burned skin, soothes sunburns
If you are in any way dissatisfied with the product or its ingredients, Lilyana Naturals offers a full money-back guarantee for the entire purchase price. The same policy exists if any redness, irritation, allergy, or general skin reaction occurs. First-time users of retinol containing products may have concerns alleviated by this policy.
Positives and Negatives
While the benefits to this retinol cream and the skin are overwhelming and feedback remains consistently positive, we wanted to take a look at some of the negatives as well to see if any resonated or may resonate with a prospective buyer.
- Vast majority of users experienced visible results at a lower cost than competitor products
- Those with even very deep-set wrinkles will see results with consistent use
- Visible reduction in fine-lines, wrinkles, pore size, and skin milea (deposits of vitamin c and dead skin, typically along the eyes or cheeks)
- Offers a calming and moisturizing solution to typical retinoid treatments
- Prescriptive-grade retinol concentration
- Green tea and aloe ingredients soothe and moisturize the skin, gentle and safe for use
- 70% of users rated the product 5/5 stars online, with only 6% at 1 or 2 stars
- Vegan, natural, cruelty-free company that has not tested on any animals
- Some acne-prone users experienced skin irritation (this can also be considered a “purge phase” reaction to first-time retinoid use that heals in time)
The Final Verdict
Lilyana Natural’s Retinol Cream is a great product for first-time retinol users and offers a way to calm and soothe skin, as well as retain moisture, while providing all of the same benefits as any other clinical-strength topical retinol formulation.
Those with sensitive skin types should still always exercise a certain degree of caution with retinoids, but this specific treatment offers a more comfortable and moisturizing option than the vast majority of competitors.
Skin is left supple, hydrated, but full anti-aging benefits are enjoyed. This cream is useful in the treatment of both preventative and retroactive anti-aging skincare.
Special Promotion/20% Off Product Coupon
This promotion applies to Amazon customers (does not require Prime membership) and is active at the time this review, August 2018.
Customers who purchase the LilyAna Naturals Vitamin C Serum will save 20% on LilyAna Naturals Retinol Cream (any purchase of 1 or more product). Coupon code details: enter code VCS20RET at checkout.
The same promotion applies to customers who purchase the Retinol Cream, they may apply coupon code RET20VCS to save 20% off the Vitamin C Serum. If you have already purchased one product and wish to purchase the other, contact Amazon for a retroactive application of the discount.