After seeing First Aid Beauty’s face cleanser listed as a bestseller on multiple e-commerce platforms, and reading some reviews, I made the leap and purchased it after seeing the price point, which was much lower than a lot of it’s competitors in the category.
While it’s still a luxury beauty item, at $20, users can expect to reap months of benefits, as minimal product is required to wash the face. Mine has lasted about 3 months so far even with continual daily use, and product is still left. The cleanser is a great option if you have sensitive skin, red skin, or dry skin, however it’s a suitable formulation for any skin type, including those with topical conditions.
Formulated free of any parabens, sulfates, or fragrance, the formulation only employs high quality ingredients to protect and nurture the skin. I definitely notice a decrease in the appearance of redness, as well as a decrease in breakouts, as the cleanser helps in treating existing acne while preventing future blemishes as well.
This also makes a great find for anyone who struggles with both dry skin and acne, or combination skin, as it’s great at treating both issues in one go. If you’re looking to skip on a toner, I found this cleanser really eliminated the need for one. It provides a deep cleanser without stripping the skin or causing any dryness.
After trying this and seeing continual improvements over time, it’s my current go-to daily cleanser. This review covers some main product features, ingredients in the formulation and benefits to use, as well as some positives and negatives to bear in mind prior to any purchasing decision.
The Main Features
The cleanser is fragrance-free and devoid of any harmful additives, and has a soft whipped texture that turns into a foaming cream when water is added. It is allergy-tested and suitable for even the most sensitive skin, including those with topical conditions. A deep clean is provided that removes any dirt, oil, and makeup (including mascara and eye makeup), and skin is instantly left feeling softer and appearing more radiant and bright.
I notice the visible difference immediately after taking off my makeup or cleansing in the morning, and the product is not at all irritating to the skin. Rather than causing any acne or redness, the cleanser actually helps prevent and treat both.
With continual daily use over time, users can expect further results, including anti-aging benefits, reduction in the appearance of pore size, and fully replenished hydration even to very dry skin. The skin also appears more even in tone and texture, and using the cleanser leaves no residue behind. It feels quite lightweight, and lacks any greasy or heavy texture.
A small amount of product goes quite a long way, as not much is required to wash the entire face, adding value to a product that is already modest for its category, and compared to some competitor products (some of which do not even provide the same benefits to use). It’s a perfect daily go-to and seems to make a great staple product, especially if you have dry skin, irritation, or are looking to treat breakouts.
If you have very sensitive skin or a topical condition, you can also feel safe in reading about the allergy testing the product has undergone, and it is dermatologist approved.
Bonus tip? This cleanser pairs perfectly with the First Aid Beauty Ultra Rich Repair Cream.
If you’re looking for other beauty bargains for sensitive skin we also recommend checking out Valjean Labs Facial Serum, Aveeno’s Daily Moisturizing Lotion, and O’Keeffe’s Working Hands Cream that we’ve previously reviewed with flying colors!
Ingredients and Benefits
Here is a look at some key ingredients as well as some benefits to use following topical application:
- Provides hydration to the skin while helping to treat any redness or irritation present
- Helps minimize the appearance of pore size
- Promotes a more radiant, luminous complexion
- Anti-inflammatory properties promote healing and balance, repairing damage from the sun or environment
- May help in treating acne scarring and minimizing the appearance of scar tissue over time
- Anti-acne benefits: aloe fights acne-causing bacteria and breakouts
- Helps to heal skin from any damage, including sun burns
- Anti-aging properties; aloe contains beta carotene, vitamin C and E that can help improve the skin’s natural firmness and improve elasticity
- Helps promote a smoother and softer complexion, with more evenness in tone
- Creates a protective barrier on the surface level of the skin, helping to prevent damage from toxins and sun damage
- Nurtures, soothes, and hydrates the skin
- Helps expedite healing rates of any irritation, wounds, or redness
- Increases softness and smoothness to the skin
- Helps promote a more radiant, luminous aesthetic
- Anti-aging benefits: helps improve the appearance of any fine lines and wrinkles, and hyper-pigmentation and sun spots with continual daily use over time
- Prevents and treats breakouts, blemishes, and acne marks by fighting acne-causing bacteria
- Helps in restoring depleted hydration to those with very dry skin
- Helps in treating and preventing dry or itchy skin and fighting any irritation or infections
- Allergy tested and safe for even very sensitive skin or those with topical conditions
- Helps prevent acne and bacteria by fighting the bacteria that causes breakouts
- Helps in treating any topical irritation, and refreshing the skin
- Helps in providing a hydrating cleanse that still leaves skin smooth and free of any dirt or oil
- Hydrates and nourishes the skin
- Anti-aging benefits: with continual daily use over time, is helping in treating the signs of aging, such as fine lines, and wrinkles
- Helps in providing moisture to the skin that is very absorbing and provides a long moisture hold
- Suitable for both very dry skin and acne-prone skin
FAB Antioxidant Booster (Licorice Root and White Tea Extract)
- Helps fight environmental damage and sun damage by creating a protective barrier on the skin, preventing future damage while treating preexisting signs of damage
- Helps restore radiance, luminosity, brightens skin and helps create a more dewy aesthetic
- Helps treat acne scarring, any scar marks, prevents new scar tissue formation, fights the bacteria that causes breakouts without stripping the skin
- Improves the appearance of dark marks and sun spots, with continual daily use and over time
- Helps in the treatment of skin conditions, such as psoriasis and eczema, making this a safe ingredient for very sensitive skin and those with topical conditions
- Heals irritations, blemished, and fights topical infections
- Helps to tighten and firm the skin without creating any dryness or pulling sensations
- Anti-aging benefits: helps address signs of aging such as fine lines, wrinkles, and hyper-pigmentation
Positives and Negatives
Here is a look at some key pros and cons to keep in mind prior to purchase:
- Suitable for any skin type including sensitive skin: did not irritate, breakout or cause any irritation following use even with extremely sensitive skin prone to breaking out
- Formulated free of any parabens or sulfates, and fragrance-free
- Cruelty-free company: company does not test any products on animals, and does not use any animal product during its manufacturing process
- Restores hydration to the skin following use, providing a deep cleanse that removes all makeup, dirt, and oil, without drying out the skin or causing any pulling/tightness
- Great introductory product for those new to the brand
- This definitely seems like the lowest cost luxury beauty item I’ve tried that provides benefits to use that exceed competitor products in the category with higher price points
- So gentle on the skin that even those with varying topical conditions can use the product safely, barring any allergy, it’s extremely well formulated for those with sensitive skin types (product has even been allergy tested and approved by dermatologists)
- Suitable in treating and preventing redness on the skin
- Formulated only with very high quality, naturally based ingredients and antioxidants
- Skin appears more radiant, bright, and feels refreshed immediately following use
- Removes makeup quite well, including eye makeup and mascara, I did not feel I had to incorporate a toner after using it, and skin is very clean but still left soft and hydrated
- Perfect for dry or red skin, as well as combination skin, as those who are prone to breakouts and dryness at the same time will find the cleanser can help address both concerns at the same time
- The cleanser really seemed to help with breakouts and prevent them from forming after use
- Can be used with any facial cleansing brush, if desired
- While at $20 I do wish the product came a bit cheaper, it still feels like a luxury beauty product and performs better than a lot of competitor products that come at higher prices, so I will definitely repurchase this item without hesitation
While I did not experience issues, concerns or skin reactions while using the cleanser, and feel it is suitable for very sensitive skin, allergy is always possible and unique to everyones individual makeup. First Aid Beauty has a strong return and exchange policy that honors full refunds upon dissatisfaction or allergy, and this policy favors the consumer, both new and returning.
If you are dissatisfied with the use of the cleanser, or if it does not work for your skin to provide suitable anti-aging benefits, or you experience any product allergy or reaction to the formulation, you may elect to return it at any time. In this case, you will receive a full refund equal to the entire purchase price of the item.
It is important to note that the ingredients in this formulation are very suitable for even the most sensitive skin, and designed to improve breakouts as well as topical skin conditions, however allergy is possible with any product.
The Final Verdict
I highly recommend this cleanser and it’s definitely become a daily go-to and a bathroom shelf staple. I love the creamy whipped texture, and the product has remarkable value. While $20 is not necessarily cheap, the investment provided months of use and remarkable benefits.
The previous drug store anti-acne wash I was using actually triggered and increased breakouts, and when switching to this formulation, I noticed an immediately reduction in breakouts and their frequency, and my skin was left fully hydrated even with the deep clean provided. I am amazed by the minimal amount of product needed to fully remove makeup from the entire face, including mascara and eye makeup.
More specifically, I would recommend this to anyone seeking a go-to daily cleanser, hoping to eliminate the need for a toner or any add-on products, and those with sensitive skin, that may be prone to redness or drying.
I understand why the cleanser has gained so much popularity and become a cult-favorite, it’s continual benefits provided with use are really visible, and can be felt in the form of much softer skin, that’s also left very refreshed. The company has transparent practices as well, and is free of any animal testing.