I’ve been using and am a loyal fan of First Aid Beauty’s daily cleansing wash, which came at a moderate price point and has provided months of use sans any breakouts, so I was eager to try out other products from the brand. Another product bestseller for the line is the Ultra Repair Intense Hydration Cream, which can be used to hydrate the skin on a daily basis, and has the additional benefit of providing relief for itchy skin, redness and irritation, and even soothes topical conditions, such as eczema.
The product is cruelty-free, and formulated without any parabens, sulfates, artificial fragrances, dyes, or phthalates. All of the ingredients in the creams formulation are suitable for any skin type, including very sensitive skin, and allergic reaction or breakout following use is extremely rare. While I do not suffer from a specific topical condition, the cream offers the additional benefit of treating varying ailments, including eczema, rosacea, psoriasis, and dermatitis.
It’s nice to see a product suitable for sensitive skin and helpful in treating common topical conditions, as while many products on the market are formulated for sensitive or breakout prone skin, the topical condition treatment category is often lacking or not effective.
With continual daily use, I really enjoyed visible benefits more quickly than I had anticipated. Hydration was restored within days, and my skin was more radiant, and felt soft and nourished. The cream caused no allergy, breakouts, or redness, even with very sensitive skin that tends to be highly reactive to varying ingredients.
All of the ingredients in the formulation are naturally based, and designed to treat any redness, irritation, itchiness, and tackle topical conditions, alleviating dry patches and redness. The price point is extremely modest for the luxury beauty category, and the product offers longevity, as only conservative application is required. I would certainly recommend this cream to anyone with highly sensitive skin, very dry skin, and those seeking treatment for varying topical conditions.
I recommended the cream to a friend following use who suffers from eczema and rosacea and typically breaks out or experiences irritation using any product that’s outside of a prescriptive treatment, and she praised the benefits to use and noticed visible improvements with use. This review will cover some main product features, positives and negatives, as well as some of the main ingredients in the formulation and benefits to use.
The Main Features
First Aid Beauty’s Ultra Repair Cream Intense Hydration is an all-over moisturizer for daily use that can be used on the face or body. The soft, whipped texture is highly absorbing and does not feel greasy, sticky or heavy, or leave any residue behind following use. It is formulated with sensitive skin and topical conditions in mind, and free of any irritating agents or chemical additives.
The product is so gentle and soothing it can be used on children and babies, which may help assuage fears in those prone to breakouts or with extremely sensitive skin types. The moisturizer leaves skin looking radiant, and feeling smooth, hydrated, and nourished immediately following use.
Results including restored hydration are almost immediate and noticed directly following use, with more improvements in the following days with continual daily use. It can be paired with any cleanser and seems to work well with the First Aid Beauty cleanser, which is also suitable for sensitive skin and never breaks me out or feels irritating.
The moisturizer is perfect for combating dry, scaly, skin, or treating rough patches on the face or body. It has anti-aging benefits including improvements in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, so it’s also suitable for any age or those concerned with reversing signs of aging. It protects the skin from free radical damage and sun damage, by forming a protective barrier on the surface layer.
Formulated with colloidal oatmeal, Shea butter, allantoin, and ceramides, all of the ingredients are safe and natural, perfect for sensitive skin, and work in the treatment of different topical conditions.
As a side note, if you’re comparison shopping and looking to find other products that are suitable for sensitive skin, we recommend checking out our reviews on Aveeno’s Daily Moisturizing Lotion, Dr. Jart’s Tiger Grass Repair Serum, and O’Keeffe’s Working Hands Cream.
Ingredients and Benefits
I’m typically very interested in knowing what is going into product formulations prior to purchase, to make a more informed purchasing choice for sensitive and breakout-prone skin, so it’s comforting to know this product is formulated with naturally based ingredients devoid of any harmful or irritating additives, fragrances, parabens, or sulfates. It feels quite clean and soothing.
Here is a look at some key ingredients used in the cream’s formulation and some main benefits with continual daily topical use:
- Helps protect skin, forming a barrier, and helps restore depleted hydration
- Relieves skin irritation, redness, and breakouts (has anti-inflammatory properties)
- Can be very helpful in the treatment of topical conditions, particularly eczema and atopic dermatitis
- Helps sooth and protect the skin, with a soft and nourishing feeling following use
- Helps improve overall radiance, skin glow, and vibrancy
- Helps improve rough patches, dry skin, and any dull areas on the skin
- Helps improve the appearance of sallow skin
- Ideal in soothing and treating very sensitive skin
- Contains essential fatty acids, minerals, and vitamins, which support skin health and moisturize the skin effectively
- Shea butter has emollient properties, which helps the product absorb into the skin more effectively
- Creates a smooth and soft barrier that seals in moisture into the skin
- Benefits last for hours, meaning application is not needed very frequently, providing a long moisture hold and adding to product shelf life
- Anti-aging benefits: helps with the treatment of fine lines and wrinkles
- Helps protect skin from sun damage and environmental stressors the the skin by creating a protective barrier
- Anti-inflammatory properties help alleviate irritation, redness, and help to soothe and nourish the skin, including topical conditions
- Helps treat acne and blemishes, and fights the bacteria that cause breakouts
- Provides relief for peeling or itchy skin
- Very suitable for treating sensitive skin, as well as topical conditions
- Improves elasticity of skin, as well as boosting collagen in the skin
- Anti-aging benefits: helps improve the appearance of any fine lines and wrinkles
- Non-irritating and suitable for even the most sensitive skin types and topical conditions
- Prevents and treats breakouts, blemishes, and acne marks by fighting acne-causing bacteria
- Conditions skin and helps in restoring any depleted hydration, dryness, or patches on the skin
- Soothes and nurtures the skin, creating a protective barrier that helps protect from free radical damage
- Aids in healing wounds, rashes, and any irritation on the skin
- Increases smoothness and promotes a soft, radiant finish
- Combats sun damage, both preexisting and preventative against future environmental damage
- Increases cellular turnover and expedites the skins renewal process
- Removes dead skin and build up on the surface of the skin
- Prevents itchy or flaky skin
- Non toxic and non allergenic, the ingredient is perfect for sensitive skin
- Helps skin produce and retain water, alleviating dry skin
- Helps to create and protect skin by forming a barrier on the skin’s surface
- Anti-aging benefits: helps in the treatment of fine lines and wrinkles, as well as sun damage
- Gentle ingredient that’s naturally found on the skin, making it very suitable for sensitivities and topical conditions
- Protects the skin against future sun and environmental/free radical damage
- Restores luminosity to the skin, providing a radiant aesthetic following application and improvements that are visible with continual daily use
Positives and Negatives
Here is a look at some key positives and negatives:
- Excellent product for dry skin that repairs any depleted hydration quite quickly (within days of use I noticed immediate improvement in dry skin, which also felt nourished and soothed
- Suitable for all skin types, including very sensitive skin, and any topical conditions
- Suitable in the treatment of dry patches, eczema, and psoriasis
- Product did not cause any skin reaction, redness, irritation, or breakouts (with breakout-prone skin)
- Skin appeared more radiant, was soft, supple, and left with a dewy aesthetic following application
- Product longevity: lasted much longer than anticipated, for several months, even with continual daily use, as only a minimal amount of product is required during use
- Anti-aging benefits: product helps in the treatment of fine lines and wrinkles, and can be used at any age
- While I don’t have any topical conditions, I suggested the cream to a friend with rosacea and eczema, who noticed a visible improvement in her topical condition as well as skin and praised the cream
- Can be used at any season, suitable for dry winter skin but light enough for warmer months as well
- My fear in using this product initially was potential for heaviness or greasiness, but the texture is soft and lovely, and highly breathable, while I would not call it “light,” it certainly doesn’t feel heavy on the skin either
- Product is formulated free of any parabens or sulfates, and contains high quality ingredients
- Cruelty-free company: company does not test on any animals, or use any animal product during it’s manufacturing process
- Great for use before a foundation, to eliminate any dry patches
- If desired, can be used to apply to dry patches on the body (I did want to try this, but feared wasting the product and opted for body moisturizer instead)
- Treats patches of dry skin or any irritation on the skin
- Can help alleviate itchy skin, as well as rashes and redness
- Antioxidant rich formulation with the addition of Shea butter and Oatmeal soothes the skin, without smelling of Shea butter
- Ingredients in the formulation help to create a barrier on the skin to protect from environmental damage and sun damage (but does not contain SPF)
- Much lower price point ($30) than almost any other luxury beauty product
- Provided visible results quite quickly with respect to hydration, and delivered improvements in restored radiance and anti-aging benefits with continual daily use (faster than anticipated)
- It’s fairly difficult to find many cons with using this product, and I’ve been extremely satisfied with using this as a go-to everyday moisturizer, but some reviewers mentioned disliking the scent (I did not find this or agree, but a minority found the product had a medicinal odor to it), what I can mention is the scent dissipates quite quickly, and no irritating added fragrances are added to the formulation
While I did not personally experience any negative issues, concerns or skin reactions, allergy is always possible with any topical use product or treatment. First Aid Beauty has a strong return and exchange policy that honors full refunds upon dissatisfaction or allergy, and this policy favors the new and returning consumers. If you are dissatisfied with the use of the product, or if it does not work for your skin to provide suitable anti-aging benefits, or you experience any product allergy or reaction to the formulation, you may elect to return it at any time. In this case, you will receive a full refund equal to the entire purchase price of the item.
It is important to note that the ingredients in this formulation are very suitable for even the most sensitive skin, and designed to improve breakouts as well as topical skin conditions, however allergy is possible with any product.
The Final Verdict
I would highly recommend this product for anyone seeking a treatment for topical conditions or if you simply have very sensitive or dry skin. It’s become my daily go-to moisturizer, and it restores radiance and hydration without causing any irritation or breakouts.
It’s great to see a company tailor products to treat a likely smaller subset of consumers, and remain mindful of different skin conditions that due effect many. The formulation is so gentle it can be used on babies or children, but does offer anti-aging benefits and aesthetic improvements as well when used by adults as a daily moisturizer.
I appreciate that the company is cruelty-free and free of any damaging or irritating ingredients, and at $30 for months of use, it is surely a luxury beauty product that exceeds competitor products at higher price points, without breaking the bank. I also felt no need to use any serums or heavy oils when using the First Aid Beauty cleanser and moisturizer, as adequate hydration was provided.