Dyson’s SuperSonic Hair Dryer is lauded as the holy grail of dryers and blow-out tools, suitable for all hair types, high speed, and engineered with intelligent heat control technology to restore natural radiance to the hair while preventing from any heat damage.
Dyson has multiple patents on different engineering ideas and technologies, including compact heating elements and air multiplier function. It’s quite a high-tech gadget for something with a seemingly simple function, but thousands of reviews sing the gadget praises and discuss life-altering change to the hair and the overall morning routine.
With 16 different patents pending, Dyson is revolutionizing the field of hair drying, and restoring shine to the hair while completely eliminating the threat of damage as usual. While it’s quite the price point to spring on, the product should offer a full lifetime of use, and promises to not only restore hydration and shine, but to change the texture and quality of the hair over time by repairing and preventing any further damage from heat.
With a portable design, eye-catching aesthetic, innovative technology, and multiple settings per function, this is definitely the most “high-tech” hair product I’ve encountered on the market.
Used by stylists, celebrities, and moms alike, the product feels light in the hand but packs a powerful punch, resulting in smooth, straight hair that feels soft to the touch. Traditionally, hair dryers are heavy, not very durable or portable, inefficient, and cause lasting damage to the hair (perhaps the most worrying of all).
Dyson engineers have offered a suitable solution to address and remedy all of these common concerns and functional issues, while offering the benefit of no damage at all to the hair- even suggesting an improvement and treatment to the quality. In trying out this product, my hair went from feeling like straw (even “crunchy”) after the use of hot tools, blow dryers, and styling products- to feeling soft, smooth, straight, and perhaps even “salon-fresh,” so to speak.
To add, my hair is naturally wavy, slightly curly, color treated, prone to frizz, and prone to split ends- suffice to say it requires only the best treatments and struggles to thrive in a world of hot tools, wind, and pollution.
The most important question here really is, is it worth the seemingly outrageous price sticker to invest in a lifelong product? It seems that would only be affirmative if it truly changed hair texture, and delivered on the promise of no more damage to the hair.
Review: Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer
Dyson’s SuperSonic Hair Dryer has advanced technology and engineering efforts to thank for its benefits of use and visible results, including a lack of any damage to the hair from heat.
It is safe to use for all hair types and styles, and is appreciated by women of varying demographics.
It is high-speed, has multiple settings for use, powerful, works quickly and effectively, and employs intelligent heat control and a brushless digital motor. This in turn restores radiance to the hair.
Intelligent heat control delivers shine, and the hair is softened, straightened, and smoothed in a fraction of the time as compared with traditional styling tools. In terms of intelligent heat control and technology, temperature is measured and controlled about 20 times per second and transmits this data to a microprocessor tool, which subsequently controls the compact heating element from reaching any damaging temperatures, preventing damage entirely with use.
Over 13 liters of air are delivered per second and combine with patented air multiplier technologies. Air is amplified and creates a high pressure powerful jet, allowing for seamless control and precision, and in turn a polished aesthetic.
The digital motor is about 6 times faster and more lightweight than traditional models, and feels comfortable in the hand.
Three engineered attachments use magnetic technology work to allow further control airflow, allowing for varying styling options. The smoothing nozzle delivers a sleek finish by using wide, smooth air, and the styling concentrator offers precision for more detailed styling of one section of hair at a time. The diffuser disperses even streams of air to gently improve curl definition if desired, and dry the hair. There is an additional cool shot option to lock in styles as desired.
Bonus points? If you’re comparison shopping and looking for some hair products to style with before your blow out, we’d also recommend checking out our reviews on Pureology’s Shampoo & Conditioner, Bumble and Bumble’s Surf Spray, and Ouai’s Hair Oil.
Dyson: Money-Back Guarantee
If you are in any way dissatisfied with the use of the product, it does not function, or you do not feel the investment was worthwhile, you may elect to return the item. In this case, the manufacturer will refund the entire purchase price of the item. You may also wish to exchange the product for an equal and full refund.
Additionally, the product comes with a 2 year warranty. If during this time anything about the product does not function, or any part is defective or becomes defective, you may also return it for a full refund or have the product replaced completely.
Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer: Pros & Cons
Here are some key pros and cons to bear in mind prior to purchase:
- Great for use with all hair types, particularly wavy, curly, or coiled
- Does not damage the hair, helps to prevent future damage from heat to the hair
- Leaves hair soft, smooth, straight, with renewed vibrancy
- Safe and suitable for all hair types, including color treated
- Portable design with a sleek aesthetic
- Multiple patents and patents pending on product engineering and technologies exclusive to the company
- Saves time, hair is done within minutes
- Company spent years perfecting and developing technology behind product function
- For those who already spend money on moderately priced products that fail to work, or pricey salon blowouts, this makes a good investment product in the long run
- Lightweight with motor in handle
- Can be purchased for discounted rates during sale periods
- Comes with smoothing nozzle and diffuser attachment
- Comes with non-slip mat, storage hanger, and styling concentrator
- Removable filter at the bottom displays when product cleaning is required
- Settings: 4 different heat settings, a cool shot to lock in style, ionizer, and three airflow settings
- Two year warranty included for every part of the product
- 1600 watts of power
- Heat shield technology allows product to remain cool on surfaces of attachments, preventing damage to the hair
- Lifelong investment: product should last years to an entire lifetime fully functioning
- Visible reduction in hair frizz
- Visible improvements to hair and noticeable lack of heat damage
- Company employs over 2000 engineers and boosts over 500 inventions
- Style is achieved and improved but hair is kept healthy and shiny over time
- For those who already have straight hair, the product may not seem like a worthwhile investment piece unless the benefits of no hair damage outweigh the cost
- Price: without a doubt, the single downside on this highly functional and innovative product is the price sticker. $499.99 is not fooling anyone into thinking this won’t be an investment of closer to $550 with tax, quite costly
Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer: Worth It?
Dyson’s powerful Supersonic Hair Dryer certainly isn’t for everyone, and we can all admit that it is certainly an investment piece, but for those who opt to take the plunge and invest, the results are flawless.
The technology and engineering of the product is unparalleled, and there is no single other product on the market that can support similar claims. Further, the best lasting benefit seems to be in investing in no further damage to the hair. Over time, users may find they invest less in treatment products and expensive salon treatments as the hair is returned to a fresh, baby soft type state.
The technology is patented, trustworthy, and always reliable. The results are certainly visible quickly, hair is dry in a fraction of the time as compared with using traditional models, and styling and settings options are seemingly endless. I love that this product is effective with all types of hair, particularly curly and wavy types (also suitable for tightly coiled hair styles).
In prior experience using hair dryers, my hair was typically left a mess, and felt dry and frizzy. I was certainly never able to achieve a salon-type aesthetic or style. This product is great for anyone looking for a truly salon-fresh look at home, and anyone seeking to invest in a very long-term product that offers lasting damage prevention and bears no threat to the hair with heat.
This is definitely a 5-star product, the main question that remains to be seen prior to any purchase, is it worth the investment?
If the benefits outweigh the initial price sticker for you, I’d say yes.