Review: DESTEK V4 VR Headset (Best Virtual Reality?)
I’ve tried to get into meditation apps for quite some time, but it’s typically difficult to maintain a certain sense of patience and use the features consistently, at least over time.
So when a friend recommended a New York Time’s featured guided meditation app, only compatible with VR goggles and glasses, I was really interested in trying out the highly-rated DESTEK VR V4 virtual reality headset model.
If there was potential for a slightly more exciting way to reap the same de-stressing benefits of meditation apps, I was certainly keen on trying it out.
The added benefit was the ability to test different apps suitable for VR, including water slides and roller coaster apps, even guided games.
We’ve all likely seen the commercials for google glasses and VR, with people expressing strong ranges of emotion during the experience and while in use, perhaps even crying. It seems somewhat futuristic, and this technology typically comes at quite the cost. But the potential of experiencing an “alternate reality,” and virtual features, was enough to convince me to try out a less expensive model with the same cool features.
In the past I had tried using Google Cardboard, but found it pretty uncomfortable to use.
So I selected the DESTEK’s V4 VR model after noticing it continually trended as an Amazon bestseller of the category. The added benefit was the complimentary remote controller, which can be used for playing interactive games. While there were certainly pros and cons of the practical use of the product, overall I found it to be a very relaxing and stimulating gadget in one.
The product was actually so exciting to use I started wishing everything was in VR format, because wouldn’t it be fun to watch every YouTube video from every angle?
Review: DESTEK V4 VR Headset
DESTEK’s V4 VR Headset was easy to use, the controller connected easily to bluetooth, and was compatible with great apps that were fun to use.
The video range and quality was very strong, the value and features seemed great compared to cost, and my phone was compatible and protected. The product offers durability but is still quite lightweight, and suitable for travel. I didn’t use the remote controller feature as options were quite limited for iPhone. Apps, including roller coasters, videos, guided meditation, waterslides, travel, and more, were all quite fun to use and provided an immersive experience.
While immersive, the quality of the picture is also great with Destek. It definitely provides a realistic VR experience, akin to an Imax movie, but from the comfort of your own home. The lens was clear and options were available for adjustments. Overall, I found it highly comfortable especially in comparison to other models, and was suitable to wear for an hour or so at a time with no issues. This is definitely the best VR product I have tried yet, and offers the most features and benefits to use compared to cost, providing excellent value and few limitations in using apps. I was happy to stay committed to the guided meditation app that came recommended and initiated this purchase.
All of a sudden I was meditating in a jungle, forest, or on a beach that felt like reality. The experience was so immersive it felt like free travel!
DESTEK V4 VR Headset Specs
- 103 degree field of view
- Eye protected anti-blue light HD lenses
- Bluetooth remote controller for gaming remote
- Head strap has upward 9 degrees of adjustment to prevent the strap from touching the ears while relieving pressure on the head and nose
- Supports: Smartphones with 4.5-6 inches screen, including iPhone X 8 7 plus/6s/6/6 plus, Samsung s8/plus s7/s7 Edge/s6/s6 Edge Note8/5/4/3, LG g6 g5 g4 g3 v20, and Daydream phones including Google Pixel/Pixel XL/Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL, Samsung s8/s8 plus, Moto Z/Z Force, Huawei Mate 9 Pro
- 7.9 x 4.9 x 5.1 inches
- Black color, with color options for remote controller
DESTEK V4 VR Included Accessories:
- DESTEK V4 VR Headset
- DESTEK Remote Controller for interactive play/games
- Portable Storage Bag
- User Manual
- Cleaning Cloth
- Extra EVA Pads
DESTEK V4 VR Headset: What Can I See?
Positives and Negatives
While my experience was overwhelmingly positive and I found incredible benefits to use and applications, there are some users who have reported a few downsides or negatives. I found most of the negatives in relation to apps themselves rather than the product.
Ultimately, there is a lot you can do and see using the DESTEK V4 VR HeadSet (games, videos, apps, thousands of supported video content streams). Here are a look at some key pros and cons to bear in mind prior to purchase:
- Compatible with newer and older phone models
- Easy to use, excellent VR introductory product
- Durable yet lightweight
- Actually feels comfortable while wearing aesthetically attractive models, comfortability is also difficult in this category
- Excellent price and value, much less expensive than most similar-quality models
- Fun and immersive experience when paired with quality apps
- Comes with controller remote to play interactive games
- Battery powered, doesn’t require charge
- Excellent range of view and quality of picture
- Company provides excellent customer service and will refund or replace product upon any issue
- Easy to understand and great for VR beginners
- Excellent lens adjustment options
- Lens can become foggy sometimes
- Does not fit over glasses
- Most cons are more related to apps than the device itself (i.e. app does not function correctly, is not available in VR format)
- For iOS, the Remote Controller only supports the player mode (play/pause, previous/next, volume+/-), for android, player/game/select/mouse mode work well
- Remote does not support daydream apps
DESTEK V4 VR Headset: Worth It?
I’ve always been skeptical of the newest and latest technology products and gadgets, and am a firm believer that the latest technology is not always the best. In the sense that it can be initially overpriced and found a year later at a discounted rate with the same benefits and features.
So while I wasn’t interested in paying hundreds or thousands to experience technology that’s still somewhat “on the cusp,” and will likely become more accessible and less costly, it was great to find a suitable alternative at a lower cost with the same benefits to use as a VR introductory product.
The VR space, while somewhat competitive, is still highly variable in terms of cost and range of features.
So this product stands out in terms of offering high value, strong quality of picture/range, and acts as a lower cost alternative to many similar models that seem overpriced.