When you’re really sensitive and in search of something that feels like cool water on your face, Dr. Jart’s Water Drop Hydrating Moisturizer boosts the skin with a powerful punch of antioxidants and does the job like fresh summer rain, without the scent or mess.
Perfect for those of us who are really sensitive and looking to alleviate and calm dull skin, the Water Drop Hydrating moisturizer treats signs of uneven skin tone, dryness, uneven texture, lines and wrinkles, and sallow looking skin with nourishing and brightening ingredients.
Safe for all skin types and lightweight and refreshing, this is the cream we’ve all been searching for that we don’t have to worry about irritating or breaking out our skin, and can simply focus on restoring life to any dullness or dryness, especially during cold seasons when the skin becomes especially parched.
So what makes Dr. Jart’s Water Drop Hydrating Moisturizer any different than any other cream or treatment available?
We reviewed to find out so you wouldn’t have to.
Review: Dr. Jart Water Drop Hydrating Moisturizer
Dr. Jart’s Water Drop Hydrating Moisturizer is another hit from the popular K-beauty brand, famous for their collections of sheet masks and skincare products that actually work but tend to use clean ingredients that are great for the skin.
The Water Drop Moisturizer has a gel texture that is lightweight, but still great for dry skin, that turns into a liquid and spreads evenly onto the skin when applied. It feels soft, comfortable, and smoothes out the skins texture pretty fast- I noticed a brighter glow and softer feel even after using the product once.
I also noticed even with very dry skin that the moisturizer spreads and absorbs so well that you really only need a very small amount to fully hydrate the entire face and neck area, adding value (as this product isn’t too expensive, but it isn’t a drugstore priced item either).
It only contains very clean and naturally based ingredients and is safe for even very sensitive skin, so if you are prone to breakouts or redness, this is a great option, especially if you’re feeling dry on top of that and looking for a boost of radiance to treat dull skin.
It helps to even out texture, promotes a healthier glow, and brightens the skin very quickly after you start using it.
This moisturizer is ideal for those who are sensitive and dry-normal in skin type, and looking for a lightweight daily moisturizer that helps boost radiance, and definitely great for those of us who are used to putting on skin creams and reacting with redness and rashes- as it is incredibly gentle.
If you’re comparison shopping and want to check out some other Dr. Jart products, be sure to read our articles on the Ceramidin Cream, BB Cream, Tiger Grass Repair Serum, and Sheet Mask Set while you’re here!
Dr. Jart Water Drop Hydrating Moisturizer Ingredients
If you are very sensitive or acne-prone, the ingredients you use in skincare products may be very important to you (and just as important as those in the foods you consume). In this case, the main ingredient in Dr. Jart’s Water Drop Hydrating Moisturizer is simply Hyaluronic Acid, an ingredient we all produce naturally in the skin that begins to stop producing as much in our mid 20’s. It’s incredibly safe and gentle even for the most sensitive types.
Here is a look at some key benefits with use with Hyaluronic Acid:
- Safe and very gentle for all skin types and sensitivities, this ingredient helps restore a supple appearance, smoother aesthetic, and helps dry skin (very hydrating)
- Anti-aging benefits: aids in firming and maintaining moisture to the skin and layers of the skin to help prevent further damage and plump out signs of any preexisting sun damage or fine lines
- For dull or sallow skin: helps restore balance and promotes a more radiant finishing aesthetic
- Helps diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and signs of hyper-pigmentation and sun damage/sun spots over time with continual daily use
- Helps restore balance in oil production for those with oily or combination skin, and adding moisture for those with dry skin
- With a very silky and lightweight texture, this is not an ingredient that typically makes a product feel heavy, greasy, or sticky on the skin
- For dry or dull skin: creates a smooth and supple texture and aesthetic, that’s softer and feels much smoother
- Is already a naturally occurring element in the body that depletes over time with age (like collagen), requiring restoration to maintain the same youthful appearance, thus highly gentle and safe for sensitive skin and those of all complexions
- Helps to restore hydration and restores general skin health, with the ability to absorb 1000 times its weight in water and a 72 hour moisture hold
Dr. Jart Water Drop Hydrating Moisturizer Pros & Cons
With Dr. Jart’s Water Drop Hydrating Moisturizer, the main benefits were in having a gentle everyday go-to cream that seemed to restore glow, hydration, balance, texture, and softened the skin. It’s also perfect and ideal for those with sensitive and dry skin, without leaving the skin feeling sticky or greasy in any way, and never leaves you feeling “weighed down.” Skin is brighter after using it and feels much fresher, without any redness or irritation (unless there is a specific allergy).
Here is a look at some key pros and cons to bear in mind prior to purchase:
- Leaves the skin feeling and looking soft, supple, brighter, and clean/clarified
- Cruelty-free company: company does not test their product on any animals, use any animal products during any manufacturing processes, or in any product ingredients
- The Dr. Jart Water Drop Hydrating Moisturizer is formulated free of any parabens, sulfates, phthalates, and harsh chemical binding agents that can irritate the skin
- Safe for all skin types, including sensitive and acne-prone
- Even with sensitive and acne-prone skin, the Water Drop Moisturizer did not create any breakouts, irritation, rashes, redness, sensitivity, breakouts, or allergic reactions (it is extremely gentle and nourishing)
- Perfect lightweight moisturizer for dull skin and sallow skin: brightens the skin and restores a healthy glow to the complexion, leaving it soft and radiant
- Great for dry skin types as it has a long moisture hold and is extremely hydrating (but also provides balance for oily skin)
- Does not clog pores or leave you with any oiliness in the nasal or t-zone area
- Anti-aging benefits: over time, helps reduce the appearance of signs of aging like fine lines, wrinkles, loss of elasticity and sun damage
- Helps form a preventative barrier on the skin to prevent against sun and environmental damage (preventative anti-aging)
- The Water Drop Hydrating Moisturizer is rich enough to treat dry skin yet feels extremely lightweight in texture and never feels greasy or sticky on the skin or leaves behind any residue
- The texture looks like a gel when squeezed out of the tube but liquifies when applied and spreads on the skin very easily, meaning you only need a very small amount for the whole face (adding value, as the product lasts for a very long time even with daily use)
- Works as a primer before makeup application for a more radiant and even finish
- Smells very fresh and clean without any harsh chemical odors or perfume scent
- If you have extremely dry skin that is scaly, patchy, flaky, or you suffer from rough patches, you will probably want to add an oil treatment or heavier lotion along with this cream, as it may not be thick or rich enough to use as a nightly/daily moisturizer alone
- A small minority of customers have mentioned breakouts right after using this cream (it’s important to spot test and note this may happen with any skin cream, and you may always return it if you’re allergic)
Dr. Jart’s Money-Back Guarantee Policy
The manufacturer, Dr. Jart, has a strong return and exchange policy that honors full refunds upon dissatisfaction or allergy, and this policy favors the consumer, both new and returning.
If you are dissatisfied with the use of Dr. Jart’s Water Drop Hydrating Moisturizer, or if it does not work for your skin to provide suitable skincare, anti-aging and general hydrating benefits, or you experience any product allergy or reaction to the formulation, you may elect to return it at any time.
In this case, you will receive a full refund equal to the entire purchase price of the item, if purchased via Amazon (it can’t be guaranteed to apply to individual stores or merchants). We cannot always guarantee the authenticity of products sold from other vendors/sources.
Dr. Jart Water Drop Hydrating Moisturizer: Worth It Winner?
While the price point is not terribly steep, it is also not a drugstore brand price point either, so the question becomes if it is worth it for its price point.
Dr. Jart’s Water Drop Moisturizer is definitely worth it for its price if you’re dry and sensitive and looking for a cream that will last (as a little product goes the distance), that improves the appearance of skin health, texture, and glow.
It’s also so gentle that it’s not likely to break you out or create any redness, and it truly moisturizes the skin without leaving you feeling greasy or sticky at all.
What I really loved about this moisturizer was the lightweight gel texture that turned into a liquid and felt like cool water drops spreading across the face, it’s incredibly refreshing and leaves you feeling fresh and soft.
So, if you’re looking for something softening, smoothening, and a product that truly refreshes the skin this one gets an A+ score from us, and the shelf- life also adds a lot of value compared to price.