Most of us are in need of a good Matte CC (color corrective) Cream with clean ingredients and a broad spectrum SPF factor, and that postulation was confirmed, at least for myself, after trying out this skin perfecting product with glowing results and the additional benefit of full coverage.
While I am typically a fan of foundation products or products with more buildable coverage, in using It Cosmetics I regained a newfound appreciation for CC creams with clean ingredients that both nourish the skin and provide a suitable protective barrier against sun and environmental damage. Let’s face it, it’s also fairly difficult to find full coverage foundation products with physical sunscreens, containing zinc and titanium.
Most of us think of SPF products as for the summer exclusively, when we actually need to use them year-round, particularly in cool areas with high altitudes (i.e. skiing and Winter Sports). So do you use a daily SPF? And if so, would it would easier with the use of a suitable multi-use product that acts as a high coverage matte CC cream? For most of us, multi-use products simply make life simpler, and in this case protect the skin at the same time.
The product is formulated and suitable for all skin types, including the most sensitive skin, and is a 7-in-1 multi-use product. It left my skin radiant following use, and is a Full-coverage matte foundation, SPF 40 UVA/UVB broad-spectrum physical sunscreen, brightening color corrector, hydrating anti-aging serum, poreless finish primer, dark spot concealer, and moisturizing day cream. All in a single tube.
This review will cover some main features and benefits, some positives and negatives to bear in mind prior to purchase, as well as a final verdict, to help you make a more informed decision prior to purchase.
The Main Features
This full-coverage SPF (physical) 40 CC cream is designed for all skin types, even the most sensitive skin, and it is an award winning color correcting cream that is oil-free, and a 12 hour matte finish. It is also design to balance oils and reduce shine on the skin, and formulated by aesthetic physicians. Designed to camouflage any of the skins imperfections, including wrinkles, fine lines, dark spots, and other concerns, free of any creasing or cracking and is clinically tested to reduce shine and control oil for up to 12 hours. It’s also infused with charcoal to detoxify, colloidal clay to absorb oil, and tea tree extract to combat blemishes.
In addition to anti-acne benefits, an advanced anti-aging serum made of hydrolyzed collagen, peptides, niacin, hyaluronic acid, vitamins, and antioxidants blend into a special emulsion to turn back the hands of time. Over time and with continual daily use, I noticed better balance in oil, a more smooth overall aesthetic, and definitely a decrease in the appearance of pore size. I would say this product is better for someone seeking shine and oil control, and with a rather dry complexion this product was not ideal for me, as I would have preferred a brighter or more radiant aesthetic, and definitely needed to add in an oil product as well.
However, if you are someone seeking a matte finish CC cream with shine control and looking to restore balance, then you would likely really enjoy using this product, which comes highly reviewed by those seeking to address those concerns.
It’s also high coverage and quite buildable, so it will disguise any skin imperfections and easily conceal blemishes or other flaws to the skin.
Ingredients and Benefits
Particularly for those with very sensitive skin, it’s often difficult to go through your ingredients list as you would your food ingredient lists. Here is a look at some key ingredients used in the formulation and their corresponding use with topical daily application:
- Firms, softens, and tightens the skin
- Helps combat acne and blemishes
- Increases circulation and skin metabolism
- Helps even out skin tone
- Helps restore radiance, fully brightens skin
- Helps treat acne scarring, any scar marks, prevents new scar tissue formation
- Improves the appearance of dark marks and sun spots
- Improves the appearance of dark under-eye circles
- Helps in the treatment of skin conditions, such as psoriasis and eczema
- Heals wounds and skin infections
- Firms and tightens skin, while fighting wrinkles and fine lines (existing and the prevention of new wrinkles from forming)
- Helps expedite healing rates and speed up rates of healing for redness or irritation
- Repairs preexisting sun damage
- Helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Improves and restores radiance and treats signs of dull or sallow skin
- improves elasticity, cellular turnover process, reduces wrinkles and fine lines, and over time signs of sun spots and hyper-pigmentation
- Helps restore depleted skin and very dull, dry skin
- Helps restore balance in those with oily and combination skin types
- Helps erase acne scarring and any discolorations
- Dramatically improves skins elasticity
- Revives natural dewy and radiant complexion
- Helps acts as a natural barrier against sun damage and environmental damage
- Anti-acne benefits: helps dramatically reduce breakouts and the bacteria that causes acne
- Helps even out skins natural tone and texture
- Helps improve the appearance of uneven skin, while restoring smoothness of texture
- Helps protect skin, forming a barrier, and helps restore depleted hydration
- Relieves skin irritation, redness, and breakouts (has anti-inflammatory properties)
- Helps balance, nourish and soften the skin, with a soft and nourishing feeling following use, that is firm yet tight and balanced
- For those trying to seek sallow or full skin, this ingredient helps improve overall radiance, skin glow, and vibrancy, restoring a vibrant new complexion
- Helps improve the aesthetic of any rough patches, dry skin, and any dull areas on the skin or body
- Can be very helpful in the treatment of topical conditions, particularly eczema and atopic dermatitis, so this is generally a very safe and gentle ingredient
- Ideal in soothing and treating very sensitive skin types requiring repair
- Extracts dirt, oil and impurities
- Ideal for removing blemishes, blackheads, whiteheads, and other debris
- Treats and prevents acne and the bacteria that causes it
- Balances oily skin
- Soothes bug bites and other irritation
- Gently detoxifies without feeling harsh, drying, or abrasive
- Gently exfoliates without drying or stripping the skin or leaving any redness or abrasion
- Helps hydrate, soothe, nourish and protect the skin
- Helps create a protective barrier over the skin to protect from environmental and sun damage and prevent future signs of aging
- With continual long term use over time, may help minimize the appearance of any sun spots or signs of hyper-pigmentation
- Soothing and nourishing to damaged or burned skin
- Fights any preexisting DNA damage caused by sun damage (UVB rays-ones that cause burns and damage to the dermis)
- Hydrates any depleted moisture to help balance and soften skin
- Helps balance skins texture to restore balance and even out tone
- Antibacterial agent that treats and prevents acne and breakouts, prevents the formation of new acne blemishes and acne-causing bacteria
Positives and Negatives
- Formulated free of any parabens or sulfates and made only with clean and naturally based ingredients
- Cruelty-free company: company does not test on any animals, use any animal product in their formulations or use any product in their manufacturing processes
- Perfect multi-use product: product acts as a Full-coverage matte foundation, SPF 40 UVA/UVB broad-spectrum physical sunscreen, brightening color corrector, hydrating anti-aging serum, poreless finish primer, dark spot concealer, and moisturizing day cream
- Visible reduction in the appearance of pore size is noticeable right away
- Goes on smooth, pores look noticeably decreased, and delivers sun protection to the skin as well as protection from environmental damage
- Even with very sensitive and acne-prone skin, I did not find the product irritating at all, and there was no redness, reaction, or any issue with topical daily use
- High coverage and buildable, can easily conceal flaws to the skin and cover up any redness, irritation, or blemishes
- Ingredients in the formulations are all anti-aging, anti-acne, and promote radiance and a soft, glowing aesthetic
- Smoothes and softens skin, leaving it supple and refreshed
- Aids in control excess production of oil, or balancing those with combination skin
- Formulation is oil-free and does not cause acne, blemishes or breakout, barring any allergy
- There is not a wide arrange of colors to select from, so many users may find color matches difficult
- It seems quite thick on the skin and tends to cling to dry patches
- Product is a bit more dewy than it is matte, while this was not a personal issue for me, it did prove to be an issue for other reviewers who were seeking oil control
The manufacturer, It Cosmetics, has a strong return and exchange policy that honors full refunds upon dissatisfaction or allergy, and this policy favors the consumer, both new and returning, upon any issues, dislikes, or reaction. If you are dissatisfied with the use of the mask, or if it does not work for your skin to provide suitable hydrating benefits, or you experience any product allergy or reaction to the formulation, you may elect to return it at any time. If you find you don’t experience anti-aging benefits you may also elect to return it. In this case, you will receive a full refund equal to the entire purchase price of the item.
If the item was received as a gift (without receipt), the policy applies for an even exchange, and this policy is applicable to online purchase, as individual store policy may vary depending on location and distributer.
I was happy to discover that the formulation was gentle enough to use even with very sensitive skin, but due to price barriers or sensitivity concerns this policy may help assuage fears.
The Final Verdict
It Cosmetic’s Oil-free complexion corrector cream with physical sunscreen helps to balance, nourish, and hydrate the complexion. The ingredients used in the formulation are both anti-acne and anti-aging. While the manufacturer claims it can be used it on any skin type, I think this is truly an ideal product for those seeking shine control and balance in the form of an anti-aging skin treatment product. If you’re seeking a lot of coverage and trying to mask different imperfections, this is also ideal.
While I’m not traditionally a fan of CC creams or oil control products, I still recommend this product for those who are!