Review: Algenist Genius Liquid Collagen (Cosmetic Surgery In A Bottle?)
Algenist was founded in San-Francisco when a renewable energy project turned into an accidental anti-aging discovery on behalf of biotech scientific researchers.
While studying applications for microalgae as a renewable energy source, they discovered Alguronic Acid (a compound responsible for cell body regeneration for microalgae). The powerful compound was found to have incredible benefits in the treatment of anti-aging as well, completely halting and reversing all signs of wrinkles, lines, and sun spots. While this all sounds, and is, very scientific, the company is also vegan and uses incredibly natural ingredients to source only the finest product formulations.
The result has been a ground-breaking and game-changing skincare line that’s both based by advanced technical scientific evidence and produced using ingredients compatible and safe for the skin. The products are also highly effective, with nearly 100% of reviewers reporting significant changes in overall skin aesthetic, particularly with respect to anti-aging.
Many call the formulations life-altering, offering visible results free of any cosmetic surgery (but with similar outcomes with respect to before and after photos).
While the lines liquid collagen treatment product isn’t cheap, after seeing the results and reading the reviews, it seemed worthy of investment and review. In its application, this proves to be one of the most addictive staple cosmetics products and I felt it compared, if not outperformed, competitor products with even higher price points.
So, is the product worth it for you? If you’re seeking a vegan, clean, and natural solution for powerful anti-aging and are willing to splurge, this product offers an all in one solution and is potent enough to be used as a standalone product, conservatively at that. Trying this out will likely spoil anyone into dismissing other products marketed as necessities, as many others simply pail by comparison. The product is suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin, and is formulated free of any parabens, sulfates, harsh chemical additives or artificial fragrances.
It feels gentle and refreshing on the skin, but the main benefit to use exceeds a normal expectation of improved hydration and radiance, veering into turning back the hands of time.
This is legitimately reverse aging, for anyone seeking a Benjamin Button experience free of surgical costs.
Ingredients and Benefits
Here is a look at some of the main ingredients in the formulation, as well as a summation of key skincare benefits with topical use. With respect to this particular product, the key ingredient is the proprietary Alguronic Acid, which is what makes the product so potent and effective, as growing research suggests it’s simply superior to a lot of other common ingredients that comprise top selling anti-aging products:
Patented Alguronic Acid
This is Algenist’s proprietary ingredient, as referenced in the accidental discover during a renewable energy project. This ingredient provides superior anti-aging benefits and is not present naturally on human skin (unlike common ingredient hyaluronic acid). In numerous studies, the ingredient demonstrates reduction in fine lines, wrinkles, pore size, improved hydration, improved tone, decreased signs of hyper-pigmentation, and decreased size and appearance of sun spots. As compared with many other leading ingredients, studies reflect this property is more powerful and effective than other key formulations in products. Recent studies suggest this ingredient exceeds the power and anti-aging benefits of both retinol and Vitamin C, and it works by boosting the cellular turnover process while inhibiting production of enzymes that deplete and degrade hyaluronic acid over time. This ingredient is also responsible for brightening skin, reducing the appearance of brown spots, and protecting against any future signs of aging.
- Hydrates skin, restoring and locking in moisture to the skin
- Improves dryness, sallowness and dullness
- Safe and suitable for all skin types, including very dry skin
- Nourishes and balances the skin, suitable for oily skin types as well
- Improves radiance and glow to the skin, creating a refreshed appearance
- Plumps and evens out fine lines in the skin, anti-aging benefits to use
Vegan Plant Collagen
- Strengthens skin
- Helps to condition the skin to restore bounce and resilience
- Helps protect against environmental toxins and stressors, such as external pollution
- Helps to hydrate, firm, and soften skin at once
- Safe and suitable for all skin types and soothing to sensitive skin
Collagen Amino Acids
- Provides building blocks of protein to support the skins matrix
- Stimulates the production of collagen and elastin in the skin, helping with anti-aging benefits to use and preventing future signs of aging
- Significant improvement with respect to the appearance of any fine lines and wrinkles
- Soothes and Balances, restoring a refreshed appearance and radiant glow
- Helps visibly brighten skin
While I did not personally experience any negative issues, concerns or skin reactions, allergy is always possible with any topical use product.
Algenist has a strong return and exchange policy that honors full refunds upon dissatisfaction or allergy, and this policy favors the new and returning consumers. If you are dissatisfied with the use of the product, or if it does not work for your skin to provide suitable anti-aging benefits, or you experience any product allergy or reaction to the formulation, you may elect to return it at any time. In this case, you will receive a full refund equal to the entire purchase price of the item. This policy is always helpful when the purchasing decision gets pricier.
Positives and Negatives
With respect to Algenist’s Genius Liquid Collagen Treatment, it’s extremely difficult to find many cons or downsides, and in doing a breadth of research as to what others thought about the product as well (all reporting various concerns and skin types)- it was difficult to find any complaint unrelated to price. In terms of the price, while it seems to be the common negative underlying expression, I noticed something I haven’t previously seen for any other product with a similar price objection. First, women were expressing working additional jobs or even receiving self-described low pay and still splurging on this as a standalone product. Secondly, many were expressing the price qualm with the stipulation that value still made it worth it. In this case, value seems to trump price, making this a justifiable splurge for many who use it as a standalone product, finding even with conservative use they can eliminate a need for other products while experiencing improved benefits to overall skin tone and quality.
This of course will vary based on the consumer, but it’s certainly a rare expression of price objections in comparison with a larger market that can seem to justify costs on marketing ability and packaging.
- Includes special pump and directives for application amount- this is extremely important to follow to prevent product overuse and maximize benefits as well as product longevity
- Lovely fresh scent
- Rave reviews: as reported by thousands of other satisfied clients, some report crying when the product runs out, many post before and after photos with remarkable results and visible differences
- Actual anti-aging benefits for damaged, dehydrated skin and preexisting damage: while the majority of serums, oils, and creams claim anti-aging benefits to use, and it holds true to varying degrees, this product exceeds initial claims and does far more than simple glow restoration or improved hydration, you visibly see a decrease in fine lines, wrinkles, and with continual use even reductions in hyper-pigmentations, sun spots, and longterm damage that’s often quite difficult to remedy
- Fine lines and wrinkles, even deeper set ones, not only are visibly reduced in appearance, they are often eliminated all together
- Free of any parabens, sulfates, harsh chemical ingredients, harsh dyes, or additional chemical fragrances
- Vegan formulation
- Cruelty-free company: company has not tested on any animals and does not use any animal products during its manufacturing process
- Suitable for all skin types, concerns, and conditions, including sensitive skin
- Gentle and safe for everyday use
- All natural ingredients that have actual efficacy with application
- Preventative anti-aging: in addition to treating preexisting concerns, sun damage, and signs of aging that have already set in, the product fends off future damage and prevents the formation of new lines and wrinkles
- Cost- this product can’t be claimed cheap by anyone- however cost and value are separate concepts here- and although I find this item to be particularly pricey, it still offers incredible value in application, and some would argue eliminates other costs (dependent on individual preference and routine)
- Some reviewers report difficulty in using the pump
The Final Verdict
Ultimately, while a splurge, this is an incredible investment item that packs a powerful anti-aging punch and remedy. The value of the product, in this case, justifies the cost for most who try it out.
The benefits to use include the usual benefits of restored radiance, hydration and overall quality to skin tone and texture, but in this case, the main benefit is really with respect to powerful anti-aging ability. The appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, feathering, deeper set lines, and even hyper-pigmentation and sun spots improve remarkably, to the extend of looking visibly younger.
Users may find they receive an unusual amount of compliments regarding skin and the overall aesthetic, and benefits can usually be appreciated quite quickly in comparison to other similar products on the market. In this case, a special proprietary ingredient seems to outperform the benefits that can be seen with the majority of most Vitamin C and retinoid products. While the product does not contain hyluronic acid, the ingredients in the formulation work to inhibit the depletion of it naturally. So there’s an additional benefit of restoring an ingredient that isn’t even found in the product in a fully natural way.
The vegan company uses naturally based ingredients to develop products that actually work, and it was safe and suitable for my sensitive and dry skin type. The best benefit about the value of investing in this product specifically seems to be in the ability to eliminate the need for other products, which may add up to or exceed the cost of a singular item.
It can be used as a standalone treatment and even with conservative daily use, benefits are appreciated quite quickly.