Amore Pacific is a Korean skincare brand I know and have come to appreciate over the years for wonderful products that are free of parabens and sulfates and replaced with high quality ingredients that actually work.
While the line does not run cheap, I would definitely compare the products to ones that retail for 4-5 times the price, and I do find myself justifying purchases based on the minimal amount of product needed for use.
While I typically opt for the moisture bound cream or treatment enzyme peel, the latter being a product I would recommend everyone try at least once in their life, I was interested in trying out the Age Defense Cream and comparing it to the other creams available.
It is a bit pricier than the traditional Moisture Bound cream, so the test of value here would seem to be the benefits exceeding the cream I generally gravitate towards, at a percentage equal to or higher than cost.
My trepidation in trying the cream was also justifying a purchase for curiosity’s sake, as once you find a great go-to product there’s often a feeling of, why fix what isn’t broken? So I opted to make the purchase as a special occasion “treat,” as most of us would, as it is a splurge.
This review will cover the main features and benefits of use, a look at some of the ingredients in the formulation and corresponding skin results with topical use, as well as some positives and negatives to bear in mind prior to a potential purchase.
Review: Amore Pacific Age Defense Cream
Amore Pacific’s Future Response Age Defense Cream is 50ml, and is a moisturizer designed to improve all of the signs of aging while restoring any depleted hydration. The texture is rich but does not feel sticky, greasy, or heavy on the skin. It seems to have a slightly richer texture than the Moisture Bound formulation.
In terms of benefits with use, after using the product continually (and daily) I noticed brightened skin, a more radiant aesthetic, and a more plumped (yet firm and very smoothed) appearance. It feels extremely hydrating and has a lovely scent that’s devoid of any harsh perfume or chemical odor.
While it’s geared towards anti-aging benefits to treat existing damage, it also works as a preventative treatment, creating a protective barrier on the skin that helps avoid future damage and sun spots. It’s formulated with natural ingredients and did not cause any breakouts, irritation, or redness, even with very sensitive skin.
It’s suitable for dry skin and acts as a treatment for acne and redness, but also suitable for those with oily or combination skin, as it helps restore a natural balance. While the price is certainly steep, I would compare this product to others in the category I have tried that are sold at much higher price points, and it’s definitely more effective for anti-aging benefits than the lower cost Moisture Bound Cream.
If you can afford the splurge, the product does last quite a long time, and you can expect to have the product for 6 months or so even with continual daily use, as not much is required for efficacy and results, a small amount of product can sufficiently hydrate the face and neck area.
This cream is ideal if you’re seeking anti-aging benefits or trying to treat dull skin, or improve tone, brightening and evening out the complexion.
Amore Pacific Age Defense Cream: Ingredients
The main ingredients in the formulation of the Age Defense Cream are Pine Mushroom and Green Tea, but the product also contains AB12 Complex, a blend of 12 very potent Asian botanicals which work to soothe skin and protect a barrier against environmental damage. Here is a look at key ingredients and corresponding benefits with continual topical use:
Rare Pine Mushroom
- Treats acne, helps reduce breakouts, and prevents new breakouts from forming by fighting the bacteria that causes blemishes
- Helps to brighten the skin, restoring radiance and evening out tone
- Helps moisturize skin, perfect as a treatment for dry or dull skin
- Anti-aging benefits: helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, sun damage, dark spots, and hyper-pigmentation
- Plumps up and firms the skin
- Rich in Vitamin D, antioxidants and selenium, which help protect the skin
- Nourishes skin and helps form a protective barrier to prevent future sun and environmental damage
Hand Cultivated Green Tea
- B2 contained in green tea extract helps maintains structure and firmness to the skin, anti-aging properties including minimizing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- With continual long term use over time, may help minimize the appearance of any sun spots or signs of hyper-pigmentation
- Soothing and nourishing to damaged or burned skin
- Vitamin E (also found in green tea extract) supports skin cell growth and expedites cellular turnover while hydrating the skin for anti-aging benefits, providing moisture benefits for all skin types, even very dry skin, and is safe for sensitive skin
- Fights skin cancer by promoting DNA repair and cellular turnover, protecting from sun damage and toxins
- Protects against free radical damage in the environment, creating a protective barrier on the skin
- Fights any preexisting DNA damage caused by sun damage (UVB rays-ones that cause burns and damage to the dermis)
- Hydrates any depleted moisture to help balance and soften skin
- Helps balance skins texture to restore balance and even out tone
- Antibacterial agent that treats and prevents acne and breakouts, prevents the formation of new acne blemishes and acne-causing bacteria
Amore Pacific Age Defense Cream: Pros & Cons
Here is a look at some key positives and negatives to bear in mind prior to purchase:
- Formula protects against free radical damage and sun damage, creating a strong barrier to prevent future damage and signs of aging
- Anti-aging formula: product helps treat all of the signs of aging, including fine lines, wrinkles, sun spots, and hyper-pigmentation
- Suitable for all skin types including very sensitive skin, product is gentle and calming
- Cruelty-free company: product is never tested on any animals and no animal product is used during manufacturing processes
- Company is environmentally-friendly and practices sustainability
- Lovely fragrance: the product does not smell artificial or overpowering but has a clean, pleasant scent
- Longevity: while the product is costly, a very small amount goes a long way, one jar should last 6 months or longer
- Helps reduce inflammation, redness, irritation, and damage
- Product did not cause any breakouts, irritation, redness, or reaction even with sensitive skin
- Contains natural ingredients such as green tea and pine, and is free of sulfates and phthalates
- Visible benefits with use included restored radiance, hydration, supple and soft skin, more youthful looking skin, and a decrease in redness
- Product lived up to initial claims of benefits with use, creating a younger and smoother appearance to the skin and restoring a healthy glow
- While using the product, skin felt so hydrated that there was no need to add additional products (such as oils)
- Price: at nearly $200, this is definitely a very pricey cream, and while the benefits with use are superb, and the product is definitely luxurious, it’s challenging for most of us to afford this on a continual basis, which is why I see the product as a special occasion splurge or gift for a special occasion
- While the cream has never broke me out, some reviewers claim they developed breakouts after use, though the majority of users with sensitive skin claim it is very safe for use
Amore Pacific: Money-Back Guarantee
The manufacturer, Amore Pacific, has a strong return and exchange policy that honors full refunds upon dissatisfaction or allergy, and this policy favors the consumer, both new and returning.
If you are dissatisfied with the use of the cream, or if it does not work for your hair to provide suitable hydrating benefits, or you experience any product allergy or reaction to the formulation, you may elect to return it at any time. In this case, you will receive a full refund equal to the entire purchase price of the item.
Amore Pacific Age Defense Cream: Worth It?
Amore Pacific’s Future Response Age Defense cream is definitely a suitable solution if you’re seeking advanced anti-aging benefits as well as replenished hydration, improvements in any dullness, and restored evenness in tone.
I would highly recommend this if you can afford to indulge, and the product will definitely last for quite some time, adding value. It can be used as a preventative treatment as well, but considering the difference in price I would recommend the brands Moisture Bound cream for preventative treatment and hydration.
It is naturally based in terms of ingredients used for the formulation, and suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin. I was pleased to find it created no irritation, caused no breakouts, and did not make my skin red at all. It also felt luxurious to use, and skin is definitely brighter and more radiant in the morning after using the product at night.
Over time and with continual daily use, users can expect to see concerns like fine lines, wrinkles, and sun damage or spots reduce, and can expect improved hydration levels and restored radiance.