While I’m not the typical dry shampoo user or fan, Quai’s Dry Shampoo (by celebrity hair expert Jen Atkin, and stylist of Kim Kardashian) has to be one of the best haircare products I have tried, in terms of quality, scent, how long it lasts, and how refreshing and texturing it is.
If you’re looking to add some texture and volume, or give your hair an instant cleanse in between washes (with an absolutely amazing smell that lingers), this is the single best hair product I would recommend- for any hair type.
Quai’s Dry Shampoo adds texture, hold, and controls frizz without feeling greasy, sticky, crunchy, or weighing your hair down.
In fact, right after you have applied it, it feels clean and looks visibly refreshed and boosted, but is incredibly lightweight (unlike the vast majority of mouses, dry shampoos, and pomades on the market).
You can add in as much product as you like using your hands on the body of your hair (I’ve also tried the roots), for body and added “sexy pieces” that hold.
But is it worth the cost? We reviewed first to try it out so you wouldn’t have to.
Review: Quai Dry Shampoo
Quai’s Dry Shampoo is a 5.8 ounce texturizing foam that adds texture, volume, and hold to the hair while controlling frizz and getting rid of any unwanted dirt, shine, or oil in between washes.
You can use the mousse textured product to add sultry pieces for a tousled look after finishing a style, use it to touch up hair that is in need of a little “pick me up” if it has been a couple days without shampooing and you are in a pinch, or use it to control frizz if your hair is unruly or unmanageable.
You may also want to try out Pureology’s line of products, which are perfect for unruly locks.
The best part? Ouai’s Dry Shampoo foam is safe for all hair types, including those that are color treated or if you frequently style with hot tools, and the ingredients are all clean and natural, without any additives or chemical dyes that can harm your hair.
It also smells fantastic and refreshing without being artificial or overpowering (simply fresh and clean), and never leaves your hair feeling crunchy, dry, sticky, or tacky.
Usually with dry shampoo products or styling products in the same category, they either immediately (or at least the following day) require rinse outs because they seem to pile up in the hair and leave you feeling a certain need to remove them due to residue and build up.
Using Quai’s Dry Shampoo, it’s practically weightless, even using a generous amount, and you would never know you had the product in your hair- other than the positive benefits you get from using it, which is really what makes the product a standout.
I’ve never tried a mousse texture hair product before that felt so light and actually worked, made my hair feel so clean and free of frizz (while adding sultry volume and texture that still looks natural), while feeling so natural itself.
Every other mousse hair product I have tried (and this may be different for others) has had a sticky effect, flattened my hair, somehow looked unnatural, or just generally not “sat well.”
But Quai’s Dry Shampoo quickly became one of my favorite staple hair products and must-haves, which is saying a lot for someone who is not usually a fan of dry shampoo products and has generally disliked every other mousse textured hair product I’ve dabbled with.
For comparison reviews, check out our article on Oribe’s Dry Shampoo here!
Quai Dry Shampoo: How To Use
- Rub between palms, apply to dry hair from the ends up for texture and body
- If you wish you can also apply upwards to roots (especially in between washes or in a pinch), the product really cleanses the hair, gives you that extra oomph, and gets rid of any unwanted oil, dirt, greasy hair, or shine
Quai Dry Shampoo: Pros and Cons
Overall, Quai’s dry shampoo is definitely the best I’ve tried (even as someone who rarely uses products in the category) out of any other competitor and I would highly recommend it if you are looking for sexy texture, added volume, and added cleansing with a lovely scent that lingers in between washes.
If you’re looking to add serious volume or are experiencing any hair shedding, you can read our review on Pura D’or Shampoo for restored growth here.
The best part about Quai’s dry shampoo is it is completely free of any crunch, stick, and doesn’t leave your hair feeling or looking greasy, messy, or tacky after using it, even if you use a fairly generous amount. Plus, it works for nearly every hair type, including color-treated.
With that in mind, here are some main pros and cons to consider prior to purchase with Quai’s Dry Shampoo:
- All of the ingredients used in the formulation are clean and natural, and help support overall hair health, radiance, shine, and luster, restores clean hair
- Cruelty-free company: company does not test on any animals, use any animal product in any of its formulations, or during any of its manufacturing processes
- Safe for all hair types: including straight, wavy, coiled, curly, and color-treated
- Quai’s Dry Shampoo is formulated without any parabens, sulfates, or harsh chemical additives that can lead to hair breakage, damage, and reactions or cause color damage (if you dye your hair)
- Has a lovely fresh scent that is natural and not overpowering that lingers in the hair and is refreshing and uplifting
- Adds volume and texture to the hair along with the ability to style and hold (or add sexy “pieces” to the hair that last throughout the day)
- Instantly cleans and refreshes hair without any stripping or drying (the closest thing to an actual shampoo in a bottle)
- Should be used on the body of the hair and the worked up to the roots, but will not cause any grease or shine in any specific area
- Does not feel sticky, crunchy, tacky, or heavy after use, even after applying a generous amount to the hair
- Product shelf-life: even with regular use, lasts for several months and can be used in several different ways (a small amount for a little added texture, to cleanse as a dry shampoo), adding value to the item
- Great if you are looking for volume but this is not a product to be scared of if you already have wavy or curly hair
- Helps control and get rid of frizz and smoothen out the hair, adding texturized radiance, shine, and luster with a matte finish
- Perfect for travel, vacations, and trips on the go to freshen up your hair in a pinch, easy to toss in a gym bag
- Some customers did not like the scent of the product, which is surprising (personally I love it and the majority of feedback seems very positive), but this is always a matter of personal preference
- Some customers felt the Quai dry shampoo dried out their hair, personally even with a dry hair type this was the opposite of my experience but again very much a matter of personal preference- if this occurs you are entitled to a refund as per the money-back guarantee policy
- Price point: while it is not cheap for a dry shampoo, this is definitely one of the best products on the market in comparison to all of its competitors and has amazing benefits with use, maintains healthy hair quality, helps add volume and texture, and freshens up the hair in between washes (in addition to being made with fine ingredients that are great for all hair types and colors)
Quai’s Money-Back Guarantee Policy
If price barriers are a concern given this particular item or if you have not used Quai hair products in the past, the return and exchange policy in this case may be a highly important factor for you.
The manufacturer, Quai, has a strong return and exchange policy that honors full refunds upon dissatisfaction or allergy, and this policy favors the consumer, both new and returning.
If you are dissatisfied with the use of Quai’s Dry Shampoo, or if they does not work for your hair to provide suitable texturizing, cleansing, or volumizing benefits, or you experience any product allergy or reaction to the formulations on the hair or scalp areas, you may elect to return it any time.
In this case, you will receive a full refund equal to the entire purchase price of the item, if purchased via Amazon. We cannot always guarantee the authenticity of products sold by merchants outside of or other than of Amazon.
Quai Dry Shampoo: Worth It For Its Price?
Quai’s Dry Shampoo has become one of those hair products that I now always keep on hand, whether it is for trips, in my general beauty bag or cosmetics shelf, or as a general must have on the bathroom shelf.
When I first purchased it after trying it out I thought it would just help with some added texture, volume, tousle, and sexy waves, but the product actually ended up exceeding all of my initial expectations in so many ways.
With a dryer hair type, especially with the frequent use of styling hot tools and an admitted distaste for all mousse style hair products, I never believed I would be highly recommending Quai’s offering.
It is not drying at all, and I have yet to find a product that leaves you so clean, smelling great, and refreshed in between washes or in a pinch without stripping out the hair.
While it leaves the hair looking fresh and restores luster, by some miracle the ingredients used also never leave behind any crunch- you can apply product to your hearts desire (not that it is needed), and you still won’t be left with any product buildup.
While I don’t like to compare specific products and won’t name names, there are luxury product dry shampoos on the market with cult followings sold at twice or even more of the price that simply cannot compare to this one, and the shelf-life on this product is very decent.
This gets a solid 5/5 and is truly the best mousse hair product and dry shampoo styling hair product I’ve experimented with to date, so I would not hesitate in recommending anything else.
Review: Quai Dry Shampoo (#1 Refreshing & Clean Locks?)
While I'm not the typical dry shampoo user or fan, Quai's Dry Shampoo (by celebrity hair expert Jen Atkin, and stylist of Kim Kardashian) has to be one of