When I noticed some unwanted hair shedding due to a medication, I immediately started combing (no pun intended) through Amazon to find Pura D’or Shampoo, in search of a cure.
Ranked as the number one seller for hair loss prevention and regrowth, with nearly perfect 5 stars across nearly 11,000 reviews, I was sold on a bottle. Suitable for both men and women, it’s sulfate free and contains all natural ingredients like Argan Oil and Aloe Vera, and contains Biotin (check out our full review on biotin for hair, nails, and weight loss while you’re here!).
Pura D’or Anti-Thinning Shampoo promotes both hair thickness, fullness, and strength by increasing volume and reducing any breakage. It’s also safe for color-treated hair, and suitable for all hair types (curly, wavy, straight, coiled).
The brand promises improvements in the appearance of your hair, increased manageability, and a reduction in any brittle texture. It also generally supports overall hair health, and improves scalp hydration, while reducing dryness and dandruff.
The all natural formula is also 100% vegan and extremely gentle, even if you have a sensitive scalp or treated hair.
Although at $30 for a 16oz bottle it isn’t exactly cheap, I was certainly on the market to do anything to keep my full and wavy locks preserved, and most of us experiencing hair shedding or volume loss (even if it’s minor) can probably say the same.
But does Pura D’or Shampoo actually work at preventing hair loss and helping to regrow lost hair?
We reviewed it to find out.
Review: Pura D’or Shampoo
Needless to say, none of us want to lose our hair. Even if it’s minor shedding due to hormonal changes, stress, dietary changes, or any other factors, it can really take a toll on our psyches.
So when I noticed some minor shedding from a medication I was taking for thyroid regulation, there was a fair degree of anxiety that followed. And other reviews of Pura D’or Shampoo cite various reasons for starting the treatment with different levels of success.
Some people who start using the organic shampoo for thinning are balding in some areas, and some are only experiencing daily shedding. It can really be used by men and women with various hair loss concerns and is similar to a Rogaine type treatment (in terms of results), but with an all natural formula.
My first time using it, I was immediately struck by the lovely aromatherapy type scent. It’s enough to start to take away your anxiety even before you notice results. But actually, I was stunned to see that less hair seemed to shed during washing (in comparison to the last shampoo I had been using) even on my first wash.
Within a few washes, I started to notice visible regrowth results and more volume in my hair. Even with very dry hair, it also seemed much less brittle and had more noticeable shine. The fast results in terms of regrowth and the end of the shedding cycles were incredible (note: this is not a sponsored review).
Over the course of about a month or so, I noticed a complete difference in my hair and there was no more shedding at all, without making any other changes (all other factors being equal). There was a visible improvement in volume, definite regrowth, and my hair looked completely healthy and vibrant again.
I would have paid twice the amount for Pura D’or’s hair loss Shampoo, because the results were that impressive. It’s even more impressive that the product is all natural with essential nutrients, because it seems like medical-grade formula in terms of a shampoo for hair loss.
This one gets a 5/5 stars from us.
Pura D’or Shampoo: Positives & Negatives
Overall, I felt like this was an excellent product and saw amazing results that really exceeded my expectations. The minor shedding I was experiencing stopped completely and I saw regrowth immediately, within just a few uses (again note: this is not a sponsored review!). I felt like it was definitely worth the money, and wasn’t drying to my hair or scalp either. So it’s difficult to find many negatives with Pura D’or’s Shampoo, and I felt like it was definitely worth the price point.
With that in mind, here are some key pros and cons to bear in mind prior to purchase:
- The shampoo feels extremely gentle and isn’t stripping to the scalp or hair
- Made with all natural ingredients and a high concentration of Biotin, which supports hair growth and prevents any future growth
- Suitable for both men and women to use
- 100% vegan product: the shampoo is cruelty free and not tested on any animals, and none of the ingredients in the formula contain any animal product
- Safe and suitable for all hair types, including color-treated hair (the shampoo is free of sulfates)
- There was a noticeable improvement immediately upon use in hair thinning/shedding, and it seemed to definitely prevent the loss of more hair (within the first few washes)
- My hair looked fuller, had more volume, and less breakage following use almost immediately
- The scent is lovely and smells like aromatherapy
- The shampoo was not drying to the hair, instead it made my hair less brittle and helped to add shine and condition/treat the body and roots of the hair
- With 16 ounces of product, the shampoo lasts for quite some time
- Comparable to a medical-grade product, in terms of results with use, but will an all natural formula
- Works for both hair loss (regrowth) and prevention of future loss and breakage
- Contains 24 separate active ingredients that all work in tandem to regrow hair and prevent loss
- Price point: for 16 ounces, $30 is not cheap, however considering the benefits and the fact that the product does work, I felt it was absolutely worth it
- While I did not experience this issue, some reviewers claimed to have issues with the pump not working properly
Pura D’or Shampoo: Ingredients & Benefits
While the shampoo contains 24 active (natural and vegan) ingredients that work in tandem to regrow hair and prevent loss, we wanted to focus on some of the benefits of the main ones found in the formulation. Here is a look at a couple of the key ingredients contained in the shampoo and their benefits when used regularly for the hair:
- Helps in treating dry, brittle hair, and repairing damage or split ends
- Helps in promoting hair regrowth for any shedding that has taken place
- Helps in preventing future hair loss
- Helps support overall hair health, conditioning the roots and ends
- Helps to protect the hair from future damage (i.e. environmental)
- Helps restore volume, shine, and radiance to the hair
- Helps to repair any frizz or unwanted elasticity in the hair
- Promotes new hair growth and may help prevent hair loss in the future (working in tandem with Biotin and other ingredients in the formulation)
- Protects hair from the sun and provides a suitable environmental barrier
- Delivers a natural shine to the hair, leaving it radiant and glowing, restoring luster in those with dull or sallow hair
- Protects hair from the heat of styling tools (blow dry, straighteners and curling irons), helping to prevent any further damage
- Treats dry and brittle hair by restoring moisture for those with dry hair
- Naturally protects hair from chlorine if used before swimming or water activities/sports
- Eliminates dandruff and dry scalp and moisturizes the hair and the follicle
- Helps repair frizz, flyaways, and split ends
Pura D’or Shampoo: Money-Back Guarantee
Pura D’or has a strong return and exchange policy that honors full refunds upon any dissatisfaction or allergy, and this policy favors the consumer, both new and returning.
If you are dissatisfied with the use of the Pura D’or Shampoo, or if it does not work for your hair to provide suitable anti-thinning or regrowth benefits, the manufacturer guarantees a full money-back guarantee for the entire purchase price.
In this case, you will receive a full refund equal to the entire purchase price of the item, if purchased via Amazon. We cannot always guarantee the authenticity of products sold from vendors outside of Amazon.
Pura D’or Shampoo: The Final Verdict
Overall, I would highly recommend Pura D’or Shampoo for anyone seeking a hair regrowth or hair loss prevention treatment shampoo.
The results were incredible, especially for an all natural formula with vegan ingredients that still work just as well as any medical-grade or dermatologist recommended product would.
There’s definitely a reason why this shampoo has nearly perfect reviews across almost 11,ooo rankings, and it’s not because of sponsorship deals. This really proved to be a winner, and the fantastic smell and conditioning/hair repair properties are really just an added bonus on top of everything else.
If you’re looking for a volumizing shampoo, or looking to prevent hair loss, or treat preexisting shedding, I would highly recommend this product.
Without any reservations, this shampoo is definitely hype with a glowing and radiant 5/5 star review from us.
If you’re comparison shopping and looking for other health and wellness products that seem like they’re “medical grade,” check out our review on Renpho’s Bluetooth Body Fat Scale while you’re here!