We all sometimes suffer from dry, chapped, and cracked lips, especially in the winter, and Lush’s Bubblegum Lip Scrub is one of the best known and well-reviewed products on the market for exfoliating and healing even the roughest lips during any season.
After reading through the reviews, using countless lip balms and treatments with no luck, I figured there had to be some luck in the scrub category, one I was new to.
But at a certain point, aren’t we open to all treatment solutions when theres enough chapping, cracking, flaking and breaking going on? Especially when it gets red and painful. Ouch.
Lush is a company I’ve had great experiences with and they’re well known for their collections of skincare products, apothecary items, and vegan collections. They’re probably most famous for their colorful bath bombs.
But this time instead of a colorful bath I, like I’m sure many of you can relate to, was desperately in search of a cure of lips that were starting to actually dry so much it was painful. And the flavors they had in stock were quite pricey, but sounded so delicious I wanted to eat them before even seeing and ordering the product.
So despite the price point, I tried and reviewed Lush’s Bubblegum Lip Scrub, so you wouldn’t have to break the bank first.
Review: Lush Lip Scrub
Lush’s Bubblegum Lip Scrub is a .8oz exfoliating lip scrub that deeply sloughs away dead skin and debris to sooth and treat even the most dry, cracked and dehydrated lips during any season of the year and in any climate (skiing fans rejoice!)
For those of us who have tried every lip balm, nourishing treatment gel, chapstick, and even vaseline, without any results or success, lip scrubs seem to be the next and best option for soothing and softening the lips and getting rid of redness and pain.
Especially during the winter or in cooler, dryer climates, when it seems you have tried every option to apply and reapply chapsticks throughout the day, only to have to do so over and over with the dreaded rebound effect, Lush’s Lip Scrub seems to be the perfect option to take away the pain and stress- and heal lips within a single use.
After applying the organic scrub once, which smells fresh and tastes quite delicious, all of the dead skin was removed from my lips and I was left feeling completely refreshed, soft, and hydrated. It was definitely unlike any other like product I have tried before, so I can see why it is such a cult-favorite and there is so much hype around this product.
Other than the successful treatment, it actually lasts and your lips feel soft and smooth throughout the day without the need to reapply any type of treatment.
Lush suggests you remove the product by “licking it off,” and as a completely edible, organic, and vegan product you can do that if you’d like. You can also remove it with a tissue or cloth if you feel more comfortable.
Either way, this product simply works, feels great, and makes your lips feel like they are in heaven.
If you’re looking for a face product, be sure to check out our review for Acure’s Facial Scrub too!
Lush Lip Scrub: Positives and Negatives
Ultimately I found Lush’s Lip Scrub to be one of, if not the single best lip product, I have tried and used to date. It really exceeded benefits in comparison to any balm or chapstick available, smelled delicious, and left my lips feeling soft and refreshed.
Here are some main pros and cons to bear in mind prior to purchase:
- Exceeded benefits, ingredients, and overall use in comparison to any other lip product on the market I have tried to date so far
- Cruelty free and vegan company: Lush does not test any of its products on any animals, use any animal products during any of its manufacturing processes, or in any product ingredients
- It works like a miracle product, unlike any chap or balm, and scrubs away any dead skin (even for the roughest and most dry, cracked lips)
- It smells and tastes simply wonderful and fresh (it is fully organic) and does not taste or smell overly sweet or artificial as I had feared
- It is technically edible, for those who decide to remove the product by “eating it away” afterwards (you can also remove with a gentle towel or cloth)
- The moisture hold is incredible and lips feel velvety soft and smooth after use, it does not require all day frequent reapplication in the way a typical balm or stick product would
- Removes all dry and dead skin immediately following use
- Stops redness, pain and irritation caused by dry and cracked lips almost immediately following use, or at least after treatments with the product over a short amount of time
- Out of all lip exfoliators and scrubs available on the market, Lush’s Lip Scrub seems to be the top reviewed and most popular seller out of (thousands+) available to choose from on the market, and after testing it out, its definitely worthy of the hype and a fan-favorite for a reason, it seems to be a miracle treatment
- If you are not a fan of bubblegum, the lip scrub also comes in other flavors (honey trap, rose lollipop, honey, chocolate, mint julip, key lime pie, cherry, and more)- with bubblegum being the most popular selling option
- Completely organic product free of any parabens, sulfates, mineral oils, or chemical additives
- Price point: it is a rather hefty investment for a lip product, and many prefer drugstore type brands for lip balms and sticks, however for the truly dry and cracked lips (where those treatments seem to fail), excellent scrubs with great ingredients seem to prove much better results with longer and stronger moisture holds- and Lush’s Lip Scrub is one of the top sellers and most popular items in the entire category
Lush Cosmetic’s Money-Back Guarantee Policy
The manufacturer, Lush Cosmetics, has a strong return and exchange policy that honors full refunds upon dissatisfaction or allergy, and this policy favors the consumer, both new and returning.
If you are dissatisfied with the use of Lush’s Lip Scrub, or if it does not work for your lips to provide exfoliating and/or hydrating benefits, or you experience any product allergy or reaction to the formulation, you may elect to return it at any time.
In this case, you will receive a full refund equal to the entire purchase price of the item, if purchased via Amazon (it can’t be guaranteed to apply to individual stores or merchants).
Lush Lip Scrub: Worth It For Its Price?
While pricey in comparison to traditional drugstore and over the counter lip balms and chapsticks that provide hydration, this is a completely different type of treatment that really can’t be compared and the moisture hold and benefits with even a single use are extremely different.
With a single use of Lush’s Lip Scrub, the lips are instantly pain-free and feel nourished, repaired, healed, and completely soothed. They are velvety soft and smooth and it feels like you just want to keep touching your own lips (resist the urge to undo the repaired damage!)
Side note: It happens to pair perfectly with Laneige’s Lip Sleeping Mask too!
The moisture hold and actual repair and treatment gained by using this scrub does not compare to a single stick or balm by any means, and the lips feel repaired and restored for days after using a single treatment. With that said, if you have more intense or serious damage you may wish to use a series of treatments.
The product smells and tastes delicious (it is edible, although some may not wish to partake in this), and it’s also completely organic and vegan.
In terms of a worth it winner, this is the single best lip product I have ever tried. 5/5!