Don’t we all want a solution that combats the appearance of cellulite, stretch marks, varicose veins, and acne? With Majestic Pure’s Brown Sugar Body Scrub, we can stop trying to ignore these unsightly issues and start trying to tackle them, because lets face it, we all likely deal with at least one of these issues at some point, and there are effective remedies available for under $12.
Designed for both the face and body, the sugar scrub is all natural and contains no harmful ingredients, and is formulated with sweet almond oil, apricot kernel oil, jojoba oil, and evening primrose oil.
The scrub gently exfoliates the body and face, and helps to nourish the skin, leaving it feeling “baby fresh and soft” after use.
I was in search of a product with a lovely scent that would help to tackle several issues in one-go, and got lucky in finding this product at a modest price after reading reviews extensively.
Review: Brown Sugar Scrub
Majestic Pure’s Brown Sugar Body Scrub is a classic go- to multi-use scrub for the face and body that provides excellent benefits with use, leaves the skin feeling and looking soft and smooth, all for a very reasonable price.
This has become my go-to scrub for both the face and body, even with sensitive skin, as I find it leaves the skin on my body feeling firm and supple, and the skin on my face looking vibrant and fully hydrated.
For the body, it leaves the skin smoother and hydrated- and over time it helps reduce the appearance of various concerns (stretch marks, acne marks, lines, varicose veins, and even cellulite).
With all this in mind, it also has an extremely modest price point, a lovely fresh scent, and is formulated with all natural ingredients that are safe for all skin types, including sensitive.
When you’re looking for a perfect multi-use sugar scrub that won’t break out your skin, your bank account, or leave you with a mess after an at home DIY experiment, this is definitely a perfect staple scrub.
Benefits of Using A Brown Sugar Scrub
There are several benefits with the use of the Brown Sugar Scrub for both the face and body.
Here is a quick look at some benefits with topical use for the face:
Here is a look at some benefits with use for the body:
How Do I Use A Sugar Scrub?
For the body:
Mix the contents to either wet or dry skin and gently massage, using the hands or a washcloth or brush. Rinse thoroughly and pat dry. Cleanse with another wash if desired to remove any residue. *While most recommend using scrubs on wet skin, they can be used on dry skin as well, and often this is one of the best ways to slough away tons of dead skin*
For the face:
Use a pea sized amount with water and very gently massage into the skin, remove with water and use a warm towel or washcloth to get rid of any residue. Follow with a regular skincare regimen. If you still feel there is any residue on the face, use a hot wet towel to gentle remove any additional product.
Ensure the lid on the bottle is closed tightly after each use to prevent water contamination.
Brown Sugar Scrub Ingredients
Especially for those with sensitive skin, it’s important to find a sugar scrub that has natural ingredients to avoid any potential allergens and understand what you’re putting on to and into your body.
Here is a list of key ingredients contained in the brown sugar scrub and some corresponding skincare benefits with use:
- Has the ability to deep-cleanse the skin and hydrate at the same time without any stripping or tightening
- Nourishing and hydrating to the skin, leaving it soft, refreshed, silky and supple
- Soothing and hydrating for even extremely dry skin or those with rough patches
- Rich in Vitamin E, which may help treat preexisting sun damage and prevent future environmental damage
- Antioxidant properties help to combat free radical damage
- Helps to improve skin flaking/cracking/scales
- May help with treating the appearance of acne scars with continual use over time
- Anti-aging properties: firming and soothing properties, hydrating properties, and the ability to fight sun and free radical damage that causes sun spots
- May help in the treatment of varying topical conditions, such as eczema and psoriasis
- Treats skin rashes and topical irritation
Evening Primrose Oil
- Anti-acne benefits: aids in both preventing and reducing acne and acne causing bacteria
- Anti-inflammatory properties help reduce redness, rash, and skin itching or irritation
- For very dry or dull skin: very hydrating, helps to restore moisture to the skin
- Suitable treatment for different skin and topical conditions, particularly eczema
- Essential nutrients and healthy fats help support a younger and more flawless skin aesthetic
- For dull or sallow skin, helps restore glow and radiance
- Safe for sensitive skin and topical conditions, including skin rash and eczema
- Helps moisturize the skin and provides hydration for those with dehydrated or dry skin
- Anti-aging benefits: over time and with continual daily use, may help in the treatment of fine lines, wrinkles, sun spots, and signs of pigmentation
- Preventative anti-aging benefits
- Works in tandem with other ingredients in the formulation and contains vitamins and minerals to support overall skin quality, complexion and health
- Rich in antioxidants for hydration and nourishment, and to support overall skin health
- Provides deep moisture directly to skin and binds hydration to the skin, very absorbing
- Provides a suitable barrier for the skin to protect against free radical damage, environmental damage, and sun damage
- Leaves skin soft, smooth and restored
- Helps reduce excess oil production and promotes balance of oils to the skin, reducing breakouts and promoting even tone
- Lighter than other oils, preventing a greasy or sticky feeling on the skin
- Anti-inflammatory properties may help fight various topical conditions, especially eczema
- Rich in fatty acids, apricot oil is perfect for dry skin and keeping the skin hydrated and nourished
- Anti-acne benefits: antimicrobial properties help fight breakouts and help new ones from forming on the skin
- For dull or sallow skin: apricot oil helps restore overall glow, radiance, and luminosity to the skin and body after use
Brown Sugar Scrub: Positives and Negatives
- Cruelty-free company: company does not test any products on animals, does not use any animal products in its formulations, and does not use product during any manufacturing processes
- The sugar scrub has a lovely fresh scent (lacking any harsh perfume odor or chemical scents)
- Multi-use benefits: can be used on both the face and body, for gentle exfoliation and cleansing
- When used on the body, helps leave the skin soft, refreshed, cleansed, and helps in treating the appearance of cellulite, firming the skin, varicose veins, and has anti-acne benefits (and preventative acne benefits)
- Formulated without any harsh chemicals, parabens, sulfates, or mineral oils and only using natural and clean oils that support overall skin health and benefits
- For a 10 oz product under $12, this sugar scrub has an amazing shelf life and certainly doesn’t break the bank while still providing great benefits with use
- Some customers felt there was a greasy residue leftover in the shower or bathtub or on their skin following use of the scrub (I did not personally experience this), and this can be prevented by following with a simple gel rinse or cleanser
- Some customers prefer making there own DIY brown sugar scrubs, however in terms of cost, the ingredients often come out to just the same, if not more, than buying the actual product, and first attempts can often result in mishaps
Especially if you have very sensitive skin or have not used any scrubs or the brown sugar scrub in the past, the return and exchange policy in this case may be a highly important factor for you.
The manufacturer, Majestic Pure, has a strong return and exchange policy that honors full refunds upon dissatisfaction or allergy, and this policy favors the consumer, both new and returning.
If you are dissatisfied with the use of the sugar scrub, or if it does not work for your skin to provide suitable hydrating skincare benefits, or you experience any product allergy or reaction to the formulation, you may elect to return it at any time.
In this case, you will receive a full refund equal to the entire purchase price of the item.
Brown Sugar Scrub: Is It Worth It?
The Sugar Scrub is the perfect skincare product when you’re looking for an easy go-to product with multiple uses with a fresh scent that leaves your skin feeling hydrated and soft.
For the body, it leaves the skin feeling soft, supple, and hydrated. Over time, it helps tighten the skin and reduce the appearance of cellulite, varicose veins, acne, and even stretch marks- all using natural ingredients.
For the face, it’s gentle enough even for sensitive skin and it leaves the complexion hydrated, soft, and radiant, without creating any irritation.
I would highly recommend this as the best sugar scrub I’ve found on the market, and the price point doesn’t hurt either!