Designed for those specifically with dry, flaky, and rough skin in mind, Dr. Jart’s Ceramidin Liquid is a hydrating toner that leaves the skin feeling soft and supple after use.
A lot of toners are filled with alcohol and drying agents, designed to detoxify the skin and extract impurities, but many don’t know that the same benefits can be found with the use of a good toner for dry skin that leaves the skin feeling both clean and baby soft after use.
Not only is Dr. Jart’s Ceramidin Liquid hydrating, it’s also got anti-aging properties, designed to help treat and prevent all of the signs of aging on the sign (loss of firmness, elasticity, wrinkles, lines, sun damage, and sun spots).
Just like you, I’m always in search of a good toner that won’t dry out my already parched skin. And ready to shell out some money if it means a visible difference of any kind.
But can it compare and does it work better than some of the less expensive toners on the market that offer results and benefits with use?
We reviewed so you wouldn’t have to.
Review: Dr. Jart Ceramidin Liquid
Dr. Jart’s Ceramidin Liquid is a moisturizing 500ml toner designed to treat dull and dry skin and leave the skin feeling soft and supple, ready to more easily absorb the next product in any skincare routine.
Especially for my dry and sensitive skin, this toner was a dream. It left my skin feeling velvety soft with a more even tone and texture, and looking clear, bright, and radiant. When I put on my serum I noticed needing a lot less product, and my skin was literally glowing and radiant. Mind you, when I started I had red rough patches on my cheeks from dull winter skin and was feeling extremely dry.
I was not expecting the product to work so quickly and was stunned by the results in the mirror, and pretty thankful given it was not a cheap product for a toner.
But the visible radiance and brightening effects were immediate, and the texture of the toner itself was lightweight and creamy.
It feels luxurious to apply and not much product is needed to cover the whole face, so you get a fairly good value for your buck with this purchase.
While it’s marketed for those with dry and rough skin (and I can say yes, it works for that 100%), after reading through reviews of those with oily and combination skin, there are a lot of customers who love the product also. So I wouldn’t count this out if you don’t fit into the dry and flaky category.
But, if you’re looking for buttery soft skin thats left smooth and an anti-aging toner, count this in, because Dr. Jart’s Ceramidin Liquid seems like magic in a bottle, and there were a lot of days I couldn’t wait to count down the hours until it was time to apply it.
How Do I Use Dr. Jart Ceramidin Liquid
- After using your regular cleanser and drying the face, apply with the hands or cotton pads and pat into the skin
- Follow with your regular routine (if you are going to use a serum and moisturizer, use right away following Dr. Jart’s Ceramidin Liquid)
Dr. Jart Ceramidin Liquid Ingredients and Benefits
Unique to Dr. Jart’s brand and line of skincare products, 5-Cera Complex is a patented blend of skin supporting ceramides, which support overall skin health and are especially helpful for dry skin.
From the manufacturer, “Ceramides are our skin’s natural protection barrier. They are composed of intercellular lipids that act as skin’s defense against environmental aggressors and maintain moisture levels. Think of your skin as a brick wall: when it is first built, it is strong and sturdy. Over time, it needs fortification to remain strong. As we age, we lose ceramides, leading to a decrease in elasticity and moisture.”
5- Cera Complex supports skin health, preventative anti-aging, reversing signs of aging damage, maintaining balance in the skin, and balancing hydrating levels. It also creates a suitable barrier to protect the skin from damage that accumulates over time, and future damage.
- For dull and sallow skin: helps to brighten the skin, and leave it looking dewy and glowing
- For all skin types: leaves the skin feeling fresh, clear, and more radiant
- Panthenol is a natural provitamin of B5, which acts to restore and replenish overall skin health and attract moisture to the skin
- Generally used as an emollient and moisturizer because of an ability to penetrate the skin, thus this ingredient hydrates and moisturizes skin leaving it fresh and supple, very suitable for nourishing dry skin and very gentle for sensitive complexions (and dryness)
- Anti-aging benefits: helps to treat and fight the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and prevents future damage from the sun and environmental damage (preventative anti-aging)
- Works with other ingredients in the formulation to delivery benefits including hydration, and treats dry and rough patches on the skin
- For dry skin: helps in providing moisture to the skin that is very absorbing and provides a long moisture hold, so frequent reapplication is not required
- Suitable for both very dry skin, sensitive skin, and acne-prone skin (provides hydration as well as balance)
- Treats skin infections, decreases topical bacteria, decreases topical redness, and itching
- Attracts and binds moisture into the skin, which is very absorbing and leaves the skin smooth and soft, more visibly hydrated and nourished
- Anti-inflammatory properties in glycerin help in treating any topical irritation
- Soothing and nourishing to the skin, leaving the skin feeling cool, softened, and cleansed
- Helps in providing a hydrating cleanse that still leaves skin smooth and free of any dirt or oil, without drying out or stripping the skin of natural oil
- Helps in depleting any lost hydration and may help alleviate very dry skin
- Helps with anti-aging benefits and concerns: with continual daily use over time, fights signs of
- aging such as fine lines, wrinkles, sun spots, and with longterm use signs of hyperpigmentation
- Anti-acne benefits: prevents acne and bacteria that causes blemishes, decreasing breakouts,
- blackheads and whiteheads, particularly in the t-zone area for those with oily or combination skin
Dr. Jart’s Money-Back Guarantee Policy
If you have very sensitive or acne-prone skin-although this is a very gentle toner- (or price barriers are a concern given this item’s cost for you) or have not used Dr. Jart skincare products in the past, the return and exchange policy in this case may be a highly important factor for you.
The manufacturer, Dr. Jart, has a strong return and exchange policy that honors full refunds upon dissatisfaction or allergy, and this policy favors the consumer, both new and returning.
If you are dissatisfied with the use of Dr. Jart’s Ceramidin Liquid, or if it does not work for your skin to provide suitable skincare, anti-aging and general hydrating benefits, or you experience any product allergy or reaction to the formulation, you may elect to return it at any time.
In this case, you will receive a full refund equal to the entire purchase price of the item, if purchased via Amazon (it can’t be guaranteed to apply to individual stores or merchants).
In this case, the formulation of the Ceramidin Liquid was very gentle, and fine to use even with very sensitive and acne-prone skin and did not cause any irritation or breakouts, but spot testing is definitely recommended with any skincare product. However, it’s extremely nourishing and hydrating for most.
Dr. Jart Ceramidin Liquid Pros and Cons
Other than the steep price point for the toner category, I could not find a single other thing wrong with this product. It leaves your skin feeling remarkably clean, soft, fresh, hydrated, and even after one use my skin was left looking glowing and brighter. I noticed my skin looking younger, different, more radiant, and refreshed after using it for a couple of weeks, and it’s absolutely one of the best toners available on the market. It simply works….well. Very, very well.
Here are some main pros and cons to bear in mind prior to purchase with Dr. Jart’s Ceramidin Liquid:
- Extremely healing and hydrating for those with very dry and rough skin
- Leaves the skin feeling baby soft and smooth right after use, with an even tone and texture
- Cruelty-free company: company does not test any of its products on any animals, use any animal products in any of its formulations, or during any of its manufacturing processes
- Dr. Jart’s Ceramidin Liquid does not contain any parabens, sulfates, talc, mineral oils, or chemical binding agents that can be irritating to the skin
- Even with sensitive and acne-prone skin I did not experience any redness, rash, irritation, breakouts or reaction following use
- Formulated for any skin types (including sensitive and acne prone) but is best suited for those with very dry or rough skin
- Anti-aging benefits: helps treat signs of fine lines, wrinkles, sun damage, and sun spots, and helps prevent new signs of aging from occurring
- Brightens the skin and restores clarity for those with dull or sallow skin
- Skin is visibly brighter and more radiant after even a single use of the toner
- Perfect for those with highly sensitive skin or those prone to acne
- Has a lovely fresh scent that is not overly “perfumed” and does not smell of chemicals
- Helps any other products used afterwards absorb more effectively/work better
- Helps to reduce any signs of redness, rough patches, scales, or inflammation
- Leaves the skin glowing after only a single use, and visible anti-aging benefits can be seen with continual use over time (2 weeks or so)
- Improves signs of loss of elasticity and firmness on the face
- While this is marketed for dry and rough skin, many reviewers with oily and combination skin types seem to love this toner and sing it praises for changes in their skin and will use nothing else
- Price point: for a toner, this is certainly on the pricier end, and while it is an amazing product with great visible benefits and wonderful ingredients, users simply need to decide if they enjoy the product enough for the splurge to be worth it to them in terms of overall value
Dr. Jart Ceramidin Liquid: Worth It Winner?
While pricey for a toner, Dr. Jart’s Ceramidin Liquid has to be one of the best anti-aging and hydrating toners available, that softens and moisturizes the skin very quickly, while restoring radiance and leaving you bright and clear.
Over time, this is also a great anti-aging toner, that’s a perfect addition to a regimen for treating signs of wrinkles, fine lines, sun damage, sun spots, and loss of elasticity and firmness.
While it is a splurge, a small amount of product does go quite a long way and it lasts quite a long time. Plus, the Ceramidin Liquid only uses the cleanest ingredients that are quite expensive also.
We’re all looking for soft, hydrated, younger looking skin, and products that absorb better and work more effectively. With this toner, it’s kind of an all-in-one deal. If you’re looking to treat yourself, this is definitely worth it for its price.