Bumble and Bumble’s Invisible Oil is a hairdresser and salon-inspired product designed to get rid of all of your frizz, split-ends, and detangle your hair even on your most fussy and unruly days.
Or those days it’s just been way too long since you’ve had a cut or trim.
Even with very long hair that’s been color-treated in almost every way possible and is prone to getting unruly, and frankly, rather messy at times, I was amazed to see what two small pumps of this lightweight oil did for my hair after a friend insisted I try it out (hint) one day did for erasing split ends and making my hair look smooth and shiny with no grease.
Before we begin, make sure you’re ordering Bumble and Bumble from a legitimate retailer, NOT from a counterfeit seller. For your convenience, here is the Amazon link to an authentic Bumble and Bumble retailer.
Made of all natural oils and with a fresh clean scent, Bumble and Bumble’s Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil can tame your locks even if they’re treated, you use hot tools, or if your hair is really damaged.
While the product seemed perfect I wondered if it was worth the splurge and gave it a full test first and review first, so you wouldn’t have to.
Review: Bumble and Bumble Invisible Oil
Bumble and Bumble’s Invisible Oil is a 3.4-ounce treatment oil designed to repair and treat unruly and frizzy hair, split ends, and provide heat and UV protection, helping those with color-treated hair types maintain hold and prolong vibrancy.
It can be used a few different ways and while it is safe for all different hair types, it tends to work the best for those with wavy-thicker or curly hair, those with color-treated hair types, and those looking to tame frizz, unruly locks, and restore shine and softness to the hair.
With that said, if you just want a more polished look and hair straight or normal hair, this is not at all greasy or sticky and won’t weigh your hair down.
The first time I tried it for split ends, they went away using only a drop or two instantly on dry hair.
If you’re comparison shopping for other hair products for color-treated or damaged locks, we also recommend Pureology’s Shampoo and Conditioner!
If you’re in need of care for the body, we recommend reading our review on Aveeno’s Daily Moisturizing Lotion.
The second time I tried out this invisible (magical?) oil, I used it on damp hair, which tends to be a bit more absorbing, and after styling, my hair was much more polished, shiny, and lacked a frizzy appearance.
It also always feels soft and nourishing to use, and leaves your hair looking shiny and more vibrant, without any tacky or sticky feelings.
My favorite part of this oil, other than the added heat and UV protection benefits, is the fact that even if you have extremely long or thick hair, the product still lasts months.
So while it is a bit of a splurge for the category, it ends up really feeling worth your investment, because it simply works better than any drugstore brand product I have tried in the past and lasts for so much longer without every drying out or damaging your hair.
Extra hint? I loved using it after Lush’s R&B Hair Moisturizer, as it made my hair feel silky soft every time.
Bumble and Bumble Invisible Oil Ingredients and Benefits
While Bumble and Bumble’s Invisible Oil combines a blend of several natural oils and ingredients, all without any harmful sulfates, parabens, or additives that can be toxic or dangerous to hair, especially if you have color-treated, keratin treated, or very damaged hair. It also offers UV protection and additional color protection if you’re seeking added vibrancy and shine in between treatments.
With that in mind, here is a look at some of the main benefits to a few of the key/top ingredients in Bumble and Bumble’s Hairdresser Oil with continual use:
- Helps tame frizzy and very unruly hair (even curly, coiled, and tightly coiled hair types), creating a smoother and more polished appearance
- Helps repair split ends, and damage, and restore hair (even color and hot tool treated)
- Can be used as an overnight deep conditioning treatment or as a mask, fully restoring hydration to the scalp and hair (if you’d like to put the oil all over your hair as a mask treatment)
- Helps prevent and eliminate dandruff
- Can help to stimulate hair growth and prevent loss when rubbed into the hair follicles on the surface of the scalp
- Adds shine and restores radiance, even in dull or damaged hair
- Safe for all hair types, safe for those who regularly treat with keratin and other advanced salon styles
Grape Seed Oil
- Helps to repair damage, dryness, and split ends
- Safe for all hair types, including color treated, and add protection for those who use hot tools
- Helps improve scalp conditions and irritation or any inflammation
- May kill various strains of fungi and bacteria on the scalp, and act as an anti-dandruff solution
- Works as a suitable antimicrobial agent detoxifying, leaving the hair clean and fresh following use with no residue left behind
- Vitamins A, C, and E are natural antioxidants contained in grapefruit seed oil, and great for skin overall skin hair and appearance , to promote overall vibrance, shine, and radiance
- Helps to moisturize dry or dehydrated hair, and prevent against future breakage and damage
Sweet Almond Oil
- Helps to strengthen and nourish the hair and protect against breakage and hair loss
- Vitamin E in Almond Oil can help improve the luster and vibrancy of the hair naturally
- Helps prevent against split ends and repair existing ones
- Helps to smoothen and soften the hair naturally
- Helps to nourish and condition even very dry hair
- Helps form a barrier on the hair to prevent against future damage (environmental, heat, sun damage, hot tool use, and color damage)
- Safe for all hair types, including those with color treated hair, and may help maintain color vibrancy between treatments
Bumble and Bumble Invisible Oil Pros and Cons
Here are some pros and cons to bear in mind prior to purchase with Bumble and Bumble’s Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil:
- Safe for all hair types including color-treated, keratin treated, and the most super damaged (also safe for straight, wavy, curly, coiled, and tightly coiled)
- Free of all parabens, sulfates, and harsh chemical additives and made with only all natural oils designed to smoothen and soften the hair
- Bumble and Bumble’s Invisible Oil can be used on wet or dry hair, to detangle, smooth out the hair for a more polished look, or simply add shine and texture
- Can be used on the ends of the hair to cover up the appearance of split ends with a single treatment (on dry hair), even if it’s been a long time since you’ve had a cut or trim
- Has a very lightweight texture that never leaves the hair feeling or looking greasy after use, or weighed down (even if you have straight hair)
- Excellent gift giving option
- Even for longer or dry hair types, an extremely small amount of product is needed for use: with extremely dry hair two small pumps are enough to condition my entire head of hair when wet, and a tiny pump is more than enough to conceal any split ends
- Can tame frizz and flyaways even on the top of the head by running the product through the hands and adding a tiny amount to the scalp area without it appearing greasy at all
- Works extremely well for medium-thick and curly hair types, especially in making hair appear more shiny and polished
- Product shelf-life- while this is definitely a splurge, it lasts for months even with everyday use for long and very thick hair types, as a very small amount of product is needed for use
- Helps prevent against heat damage if you use styling tools and products, as well UV damage from the sun
- Helps maintain color hold for those with color-treated hair types, with protecting factors in the formula designed to shield and protect color, while adding vibrancy
- Makes your hair feel incredibly smooth and soft for an easy detangling process after shampooing/conditioning
- The Amazon (verified) product is sold for $10 less than Sephora and other luxury merchants
- Never leaves the hair feeling sticky or crunchy, even if you accidentally use too much
- Has an extremely subtle fresh scent but not too much odor at all, for those sensitive to fragrance
- The single only con with this product I could find is the price point, at $36 it is definitely a splurge for most of us, however it lasts so long (even for the longest, most dry, and thickest hair types) and has so many benefits that it seems well worth the cost, and has performed better than any drugstore product I have tried- also with drugstore products at 1/3 of the price, I have found myself needing 3 times the amount of product, and not getting the same results/benefits with use, so it feels worth it over time
Bumble and Bumble’s Money-Back Guarantee Policy
If price barriers are a concern given this particular item or if you have not used Bumble and Bumble products in the past, the return and exchange policy in this case may be a highly important factor for you.
The manufacturer, Bumble and Bumble, has a strong return and exchange policy that honors full refunds upon dissatisfaction or allergy, and this policy favors the consumer, both new and returning.
If you are dissatisfied with the use of Bumble and Bumble’s Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil, or if it does not work for your hair to provide suitable hydrating or repairing benefits, or you experience any product allergy or reaction to the formulation on the hair or scalp areas, you may elect to return it at any time.
In this case, you will receive a full refund equal to the entire purchase price of the item, if purchased via Amazon. We cannot always guarantee the authenticity of products sold by merchants outside of or other than of Amazon.
Bumble and Bumble Invisible Oil: Worth It Winner?
Bumble and Bumble’s Invisible Oil is definitely a great solution for dry, unruly hair that needs a fix-up, and it leaves your hair looking smooth, soft, and polished without any residue left behind or building up immediately after use.
While it is a splurge, it lasts forever and can be used safely for all hair types in so many different ways.
If you need a perfect fix-up right after a blowout or style, you can add this to dry hair. If you want to wake up to smoother and silkier hair, you can add this to wet hair and let it air dry (or style wet hair).
You can also simply apply this to the ends of your hair if you need a split-end or frizz cure ASAP, and it will do the trick in no time.
Plus, not only does it not damage your hair if you get it color or keratin treated often, it actually improves vibrancy and can prolong hold, all while protecting from additional heat and UV damage.
Absolutely worth it winner!