Although I am attached at the mouth to my Aspire Breeze 2, I recently experimented with the Smok Nord Vape after an unfortunate break with my usual go-to. In trying to locate a replacement without success, I was told the closest match was the Smok 15W model and decided to give it a try with some incredible results.
For those of us who vape, we all know how loyal we become to a certain make and model after finding a perfect match we all know how loyal we become to a certain make and model after finding a perfect match, so this was initially quite a disappointment. But after trying it out, I would recommend the Smok Nord model free of reservations for anyone new to vaping or looking for a new piece.
While it doesn’t quite surpass the Breeze 2 in terms of overall quality Breeze 2 in terms of overall quality, it does meet the same portability and battery life standards, and has a coil that is much easier to change even for novices.
Fit to handle pods by the manufacturer and all juices (including salt nicotine juices), it comes in a variety of colors, and is easily to refill without any hassle or mess.
If you’re looking for a go-to portable vape with a solid battery life and coils that are extremely easy to change, look no further than the Smok Nord Vape.
So is the Smok Nord worth it for its price? We decided to review it to find out more, so you wouldn’t have to.
Review: Smok Nord Vape
Smok’s Nord vape comes in a variety of colors and styles, and the starter kit comes complete with two different coils (one smaller and one larger, the former suitable for salt nicotine).
For the purposes of review, we purchased two separate pieces to really put the model to the test and account for any potential issues and manufacturing problems- and get a good sense of pros and cons when using this specific piece.
In terms of battery life and function, Smok’s piece gets an A+ and is on par with the Breeze 2 we’ve previously reviewed and praised for the same. A single charge should last you days, and even extremely heavy chain vape users should find they get a day of use out of a full charge. The device will signal when it needs charging, and when plugged in you can see how low your battery is (it will either turn red, yellow, or green based on the amount of charge needed).
You can turn the Smok Nord vape on and off using a convenient click system, and it’s also extremely portable and durable. You shouldn’t have any problems tossing it in a small bag or storing it in pockets, and it’s not prone to breaking or cracks even upon falls.
The hits are smooth and not prone to any of your typical “crackling,” or flavor left behind in the mouth (even with heavy use).
In terms of value, depending on where you purchase the starter kit, it will run you about $30-$40. Because of the quality of the item and how long the juices last in comparison to pod systems like Juul and traditional cigarette products, this ends up being an enormous savings, even for incredibly heavy users or chain-vape smokers.
So, if you’re looking to save, this is definitely one of the single best affordable and portable models on the market. It’s one of the best vapes I’ve tested to date, and takes a close second place to the portable Breeze 2.
Pros and Cons: Smok Nord Vape
Before investing in a new vape, it’s important to consider all of the positives and negatives that come along with it. Here are a list of some of the key pros and cons to bear in mind prior to purchase:
- Overall quality: Smok’s Nord portable vape device and system is one of the single best devices I have tried to date in terms of value, quality, battery life, functionality, versatility (great for new and experienced users), and portability
- Coil changes with the Smok Nord are extremely easy (even for beginners), and the kit comes with two different starter coils (one suitable for salt nicotine)
- Battery life: the battery life is excellent even for very heavy users, and a half hour of charge or so should last you days (extremely heavy chain vape smokers will even get a full days use out of one full charge)
- The Smok Nord is compatible with all e-liquids, including salt nicotines and refills of all different strengths
- Extremely portable and durable, easy to travel with and very compact (fits easily into purses and pockets)
- Low-cost: the initial cost of the device itself is low, and in terms of overall value, battery power, and longevity this proves to be a great model on the market, especially in contrast to pod-system devices like Juul
- For smokers or those looking to quit smoking: this proves to be an excellent savings and studies suggest vaping may be a much healthier alternative, due to the elimination of thousands of harmful and toxic carcinogens contained in traditional cigarette and tobacco products
- Comes in a variety of colors and designs, suitable to a particular users own preferences and style
- The hits are strong/deep but you can change coils depending on your preference for pull strength if you prefer a milder pull strength (there is not an airflow control option on the coil itself), you may use optional coils if desired
- Manufacturing issues: there are some minor manufacturing issues with some devices (this seems to be an issue for a very small minority of Smok users), where the mouthpiece seems to get stuck and will not loosen enough to easily refill liquid when needed, and usually in these cases the device will need to be replaced- but the replacement will be at no cost
- During coil changes, the e-liquid tends to spill out of the mouthpiece entirely, wasting all of the juice you have (it’s advisable to make coil changes when you are very low on e-liquid, or if almost empty whenever possible)
- E-liquid tends to get a bit messy around the device and there can be some minor leakage, especially if you are a heavy user, so it’s advisable to always clean the surfaces and insides of the device for the best possible use and quality
- The manufacturer has recently been trying to promote the use of a pod system with the device, which is not necessarily a negative, but it is a much more expensive option than opting for regular e-liquid refill juices (I would not advise the use of a pod system with this device, or purchasing any starter kit that comes with pods)
- While the hits are either milder or deeper depending on coil used, there is no airflow control so you can’t regulate the exact hit strength per pull (this model tends to yield deeper/stronger hits per pull)
- As with any vape device, users should ensure the device does not touch any coins or keys inside of bags or travel cases (these mistakes can impact battery quality)
Specs: Smok Nord Vape
- 1100mAh rechargeable battery
- Refillable 3mL cartridge
- Capable of utilizing mesh or ceramic coils
- Starter piece set comes with 2 coils, includes one 0.6ohm Nord Mesh Coil catering to the sub-ohm, cloud-focused segment and one 1.4ohm Nord Traditional Coil for MTL-draw users and nic salts
- Dimensions – 94mm by 30mm by 18.8mm
- Weight – 80g
- Wattage Output Range: 10-15W
- Voltage Input Range: 3.3-4.2V
- Charging Current: 370mA
- Direct Voltage Based Output
- One-Button Firing Mechanism
- LED Light Battery Indicator (indicates when the device needs charging)
- Replaceable Coil Design
- Ergonomically Curved Mouthpiece
- 8 Seconds Cut-Off Protection
- Short-Circuit Protection
- Low Voltage Warning
- MicroUSB Port Charging System
- Colors: Black, Prism Rainbow, Prism Gold, Bottle Gold, Red, White Black, Blue/Brown
Money-Back Guarantee Policy: Smok Nord Vape
If there is any dissatisfaction your purchase, or the device is not in working condition or has functional or manufacturing issues, Smok Nord provides a full refund instantly for the purchase price of the item, and may also offer a working product or exchange free of any additional charge.
Anyone new to vaping or products in the category may have fears assuaged prior to purchasing by the policy and commitment to making sure the product comes with this money-back guarantee.
The Final Verdict: Smok Nord Vape
I would highly recommend the Smok Nord Vape for both new and existing users, if you are looking for a piece that doesn’t break the bank and is excellent in terms of overall quality and value.
Not only is the battery life excellent, it proves to be one of the best vapes on the market for both new and existing users. In terms of portable devices that are easy to travel with (and even toss in purses and pockets), it’s also extremely easy to change the coils that come with the device in the starter kit.
While my only main qualm is the spilled juice that comes with coil changes, this can easily be avoided by waiting until you are very low on e-liquid to make the change. You can also purchase a device to transfer liquid, but that seems like a more complicated endeavor.
Ultimately, Smok Nord’s model is a nearly perfect vape for both those who are very experienced with vaping and those just starting out in the game. The hits are strong, depending on coil used, and the value is high.
If you’re looking to make a shift from the use of traditional cigarettes, most other vaping products on the market, or Juul, you will definitely find yourself both satisfied and saving quite a bit of money.