Review: Kate Blanc Argan Oil (Stimulate Hair Growth & Perfect Skin?)
While it seems impossible, after trying Kate Blanc’s Argan Oil (a USDA certified Organic Cold Pressed Argan Oil of Morocco), I have finally found one of the best multi-use products on the market, that stimulates hair growth, helps promote shiny and vibrant hair for any dullness and dryness, and promotes smoother and softer skin (with a more vibrant and youthful finishing aesthetic)- all at once, and for just under the price of $13 for 4 ounces, and under $10 for 2 ounces.
Having tried Kate Blanc’s Castor Oil in the past with amazing results, especially in comparison to price, to stimulate brow and lash growth while promoting a more glowing and radiant complexion, I was excited to try out another popular brand formulation that seemed to promise the same multi-use benefits at a similar incredible value in comparison to both retail and benefits.
For fans of extremely clean and organic cosmetics, especially ones that actually prove benefits with use and can be used in several ways for varying skin types (including sensitive and acne-prone skin, barring any topical allergy to a specific ingredient contained in the formulation), this makes an excellent daily go-to that does not break the bank and proves actual efficacy.
If you find yourself with shedding hair or dull/sallow skin, this makes an ideal product that is vastly superior to other products in the category I have tried previously with lackluster results. Even high-end cosmetics brands I have tried at 3-5 times the price only resulted in greasy or dried hair, and certainly did not offer any multi-use benefits.
While I always have mild trepidation in using fully organic products that can be quite active for sensitive and/or acne-prone skin, I was also pleased to find this product did not cause any redness, allergic reaction, sensitivity or breakouts following topical use on the face. It can also be combined with rosehip or jojoba oils if desired.
Similarly, it did not cause my hair to become greasy or sticky in any way, and you can opt to either run a small amount through the hair or apply a small amount of product to the scalp/roots to stimulate hair growth. For added luster and shine, you may wish to use it on wet or dry hair as a treatment oil.
This review will cover some main product features, some key pros and cons to bear in mind prior to purchase, a look at some of the main benefits with the use of argan oil topically, and a final verdict, to help you make a more informed purchasing choice prior to any potential point of sale.
Kate Blanc Argan Oil Review
Kate Blanc’s Argan Oil is a USDA certified organic and pure product that is formulated devoid of any other filler or binding agent ingredients in the formulation. It is also hexane free and unrefined.
The treatment is designed to be used for both the hair, skin, and even nails, and even at a modest price point, proves the test of time and offers an excellent product shelf-life, while proving actual results following use.
When used on the skin, I noticed a more glowing, radiant complexion almost immediately (and it was so hydrating that I opted to use this as a standalone product for the most part). It works well as a nourishing primer prior to makeup application, and less foundation is required following use, and also works as a luxurious nighttime treatment, where you can expect to wake up to more even toned, hydrated, and glowing skin.
As a hair treatment, I tried this for both hair stimulating effects and as a general hair oil. When used as a hair oil in wet or dry hair, only a very minimal amount of product is needed with use, and the result is a more radiant and polished finishing look. I prefer using it in wet hair as it is more absorbing, and then following with treatments. But adding in a drop or two after styling definitely helps promote shine (free of grease) and adds polish.
When used for hair growth stimulation, it is best to apply along the scalp line (and not much product is needed). While I do not personally experience shedding or loss, I absolutely noticed after a couple weeks of daily use that my hair seemed fuller and had looked the best it had in months.
Users who report loss and shedding of the hair also claim the product has helped restore growth and added significant volume. As a side note, if you are experiencing significant hair loss that is unusual for you, it is best to consult with your physician as well. You may also want to check out our review on Pura D’or Shampoo that is specifically formulated for hair loss.
Ultimately, especially given the price point, this is an excellent multi-use oil that I would recommend, and did not break out or cause any reaction to my sensitive and acne-prone skin (if anything I noticed a decrease in blemishes with daily use).
Kate Blanc Organic Argan Oil: Benefits To Use
Argan oil has a wide variety of multi-use benefits and can be used for the hair, skin, and even nails if desired. Here is a look at some key benefits with everyday topical use:
For the hair:
- Helps promote a more shiny, vibrant, and glowing hair aesthetic following use (in wet or dry hair)
- For those who use heating tools or blow dry the hair: works to naturally protect hair from the heat of styling tools (blow dry, straighteners and curling irons), helping to prevent any further damage to the locks and allow you to still style as needed
- If you are seeking to repair dull, dry, brittle, or full hair: the ingredient fully restores moisture for those with dry hair (even the most dry types in need of hydration)
- Safe and suitable for all hair types (wavy, curly, coiled, color treated)
- Naturally protects hair from chlorine damage if used before swimming or water activities/sports
- Argan oil is packed with Vitamin E and antioxidants, which help to eliminate any potential dandruff and dry scalp and moisturizes the hair and the follicle
- For those with unruly hair: helps repair frizz, flyaways, and split ends, minimizing the appearance of the latter dramatically
- If you are shedding hair or noticing any losses: the ingredient promotes new hair growth and may help prevent hair loss in the future
- Offers environmental protection from the sun, pollution, and provides a suitable environmental barrier to prevent further damage
- Defines waves and curls for those with curlier hair types, providing shine and moisture sans any frizz or fuss
- Helps to promote and restore a natural shine to the hair, leaving it radiant and glowing, restoring luster while helping to promote a flawless and texturized aesthetic following use
For the skin:
- Helps to prevent the skin from sun damage naturally, fighting against free radical damage and potentially preventing some forms of skin cancer that develop over time with frequent sun damage
- Helps in the treatment of various topical conditions: is recommended in patients with psoriasis and rosacea, and can help in treating dry and rough patches
- Helps in the treatment of different forms of acne, particularly hormonal, due to anti-sebum effects and restoration of balance (this may take a few weeks to become visible or noticeable)
- Rich in antibacterial properties, argan oil can help expedite healing rates for those with any topical irritation, minor scrapes, burns, or wounds
- May help in soothing atopic dermatitis via Vitamin e in conjunction with antioxidant properties
- Anti-aging benefits: can help in the treatment of fine lines, wrinkles, acne scarring, and accumulated sun damage with continual use over time
- If used topically on the body, can help prevent and/or treat stretch marks or minimize their appearance
- For those with oily or combination complexions: can help reduce excess sebum production and restore balance (while treating acne)
- For those with dry skin types: can help restore moisture and balance as well, and is extremely nourishing and hydrating
Positives and Negatives
Here are some main pros and cons to bear in mind prior to purchase:
- Completely organic product that is devoid of any harsh parabens, sulfates, or harsh chemical additives
- Safe and suitable for those of varying skin types and concerns (including sensitive, acne-prone, dry, oily, or normal)
- Helpful in the treatment of those with various topical conditions (although it is always advisable to consult with your dermatologist prior to starting any new regimen)
- Cruelty-free company: company does not test on any animals, does not use any animal product in any formulations, and does not use any animal product in any manufacturing process (for more cruelty-free companies, check out our reviews on Milk Makeup products like the infamous Sunshine Oil here)
- Helps to promote new hair growth and prevent any excess shedding, while restoring vibrancy, radiance, and shine to the hair (can be applied to the scalp, or in wet or dry hair)
- Helps to promote a more radiant and youthful appearing complexion with anti-aging benefits, anti-acne benefits, and promotes general skin health
- Excellent product longevity and value: for a multi-use product with excellent ingredients that actually provides effective results, this product is amazing in treating both the skin, hair, and even nails and last for months at an extremely modest price
- Can be combined with jojoba or rosehip oil, or other ingredients of your selection if desired
- Even with sensitive and acne-prone skin, I did not experience any reaction, breakouts, redness, or irritation following use
- Incredibly hydrating, nourishing, and balancing
- For those with dull or sallow skin: helps to promote a more radiant finishing aesthetic, and can be used as a soothing night treatment or prior to makeup application to prime the skin
- Formulated with only pure cold pressed castor oil (no filler ingredients or binding agents)
- The product does not feel heavy, greasy, or sticky following application or after use (however it is very important to note that both argan and castor oils are very rich in texture and only require a couple of drops of use at most- if not- the product will feel heavy and greasy on the skin or hair)
- As with any topical use treatment or product, every oil or cream poses the risk of allergic reaction, so while this product is generally extremely safe and suitable for those of all hair and skin types, some users did report experiencing breakouts and/or redness following use (topical spot testing prior to use is always recommended)- it is also important to note that just because something is completely organic does not mean it is always perfect for the most sensitive skin, as many organic products contain highly active ingredients which may be irritating for some users
Especially considering if you are new to oil treatments or organic products, the return policy in this case may be a highly important factor for you, irrespective of the low price point.
The manufacturer, Kate Blanc, has a strong return and exchange policy that honors full refunds upon dissatisfaction or allergy, and this policy favors the consumer, both new and returning. If you are dissatisfied with the use of the oil, or if it does not work for your skin or hair to provide suitable hydrating or general benefits, or you experience any product allergy or reaction to the formulation, you may elect to return it at any time.
In this case, you will receive a full refund equal to the entire purchase price of the item.
The Final Verdict
Kate Blanc’s Argan Oil of Morocco definitely exceeded my expectations, which were admittedly high after trying the brands Castor Oil in the past with great results.
If you are seeking an organic daily go-to product with multi-use benefits that helps restore radiance and shine for both the hair and nails, helps promote hair growth, and can even help nail health when applied to the cuticle area/beds of the nails, this is a product for you.
It is USDA certified and uses no other binding or chemical agents in the formula, and particularly in comparison to such a modest price point, offers incredible longevity and months of use even with everyday application.
During the course of this product trial, I noticed vast improvements in the texture, tone, and hydration of my skin, and felt like my hair looked better than it had in months. It definitely exceeded initial claims of benefits and is a product I will repurchase and currently recommend to friends and family for various conditions or complaints.
If you’re seeking an affordable and clean topical treatment that actually works, I highly recommend Kate Blanc’s Argan Oil.