With Philosophy’s Renewed Hope In a Jar, a bestselling moisturizer and gentle exfoliator in one, the skin is gently resurfaced and smoother looking while getting full hydration benefits at the same time.
It’s pretty rare to find an award-winning beauty product that provides skin resurfacing benefits, moisture, and makes it Oprah’s magazine and list of “favorite things” list years in a a row, but with Hope in a Jar all of these checkboxes are filled.
Plus, the skin is not only left feeling silky smooth and looking more youthful and radiant, theres a gentle facial scrub to the cream that helps remove buildup and dead skin.
When you’re in need of a great day and night cream and feeling dry, even if you have sensitive or acne-prone skin, and are also looking for exfoliating action without the use of a harsh or abrasive scrub that leaves the skin feeling irritated, Hope In a Jar actually renews our faith and hope in skincare products and leaves us feeling fresh throughout the day.
Before we begin, make sure you’re ordering Philosophy from a legitimate retailer, NOT from a counterfeit seller. For your convenience, here is the Amazon link to an authentic Philosophy retailer.
So is it worth it for its price and does a two-in-one product like this really work?
We reviewed to find out.
Review: Philosophy’s Renewed Hope In A Jar
Philosophy’s Renewed Hope In A Jar is a 2oz moisturizer for all skin types that lightly scrubs dead skin and debris away and detoxifies while providing hydrating, even for dry/very dry skin types.
Hope In A Jar is actually the first exfoliating cream I have found on the market in general, and I was quite pleased to see the benefits with use and how great my skin felt and looked after using it even a single time.
Great for men and women and those of all age groups, anti-aging benefits with use include signs of less fine lines, wrinkles, sun spots and damage, and reduced hyperpigmentation. I noticed less fine lines around the forehead area within a few weeks of continual daily use.
Using it for the first week, my skin felt smoother and softer, and looked more radiant, brighter, cleaner, and detoxified.
If you’re comparison shopping and looking for products for the face that will help you achieve similar results, we recommend checking out our reviews on the Acure Facial Scrub, Valjean Labs Facial Serum, and Dr. Jart’s Tiger Grass Cream while you’re here!
Even with dry skin (and it is perfect for those with all skin types as it provides great balance even for those with oily or combination types looking for oil control through the day), the lightweight texture was enough to fully hydrate my skin while gently exfoliating it and leaving it looking fresh and restored.
The light exfoliation of the cream helps speed up the cellular turnover process, which helps the skin look younger and fresher and gets rid of any dead skin cells and debris or build up.
It’s easy to see why this is an award-winning cream and favorite with celebrities even as a moderately priced item, as not many creams can also lightly exfoliate the skin at the same time, and visibly restore a younger looking appearance.
When you’re in search of moisturizing and detox benefits in one jar, this product is well named, as it will definitely give you back some hope, and lives up to its hype.
Philosophy’s Renewed Hope In A Jar Ingredients and Benefits
For those of use with sensitive or acne-prone skin, or simply those just concerned with the ingredients in the products we use in our skincare products, checking the labels contained in creams and serums can be as important as those in the foods we eat. It’s also important to know what these ingredients are actually doing for our skin everyday. Renewed Hope In a Jar’s main formula is Lactic Acid, an anti-aging and brightening ingredient that can be gentler than a lot of other chemical based peel type exfoliants (like glycolic acid).
With that in mind, here are a couple of the main ingredients in Philosophy’s Hope in a Jar and benefits with use:
- Reduces dryness even in very dry skin types with a strong moisture hold
- Helps promote smoother, brighter, more radiant, clearer, supple, and vibrant looking skin
- Anti-aging benefits: helps decrease the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, sun damage, sun spots, and pigmentation issues
- Can help minimize the appearance of small bumps on the skin, milia, buildup, and acne scarring
- Helps improve skin tone and texture, evens out skin tone in appearance
- Helps minimize the appearance of pore size and tighten the t-zone and nasal area
- Helps to promote a more even PH balance and control overproduction of oil for those with oily/combination skin to restore balance
- Brightens and provides radiance for those with dullness, sallow or uneven skin/texture
- Helps in treating any topical infection and decreasing bacteria on the skin, detoxifying properties
- Attracts moisture to the skin, which is very absorbing and leaves the skin smooth and soft
- Anti-acne benefits: helps prevent acne and bacteria that causes blemishes, decreasing breakouts, blackheads and whiteheads, particularly in the t-zone area
- Anti-aging benefits: with continual daily use over time, fights signs of aging such as fine lines, wrinkles, sun spots, and with longterm use signs of pigmentation issues
- Helps in providing moisture to the skin that is very absorbing and provides a long moisture hold
- Suitable for all skin types: dry skin, combination skin, sensitive skin, and acne-prone skin
- Anti-inflammatory properties help in treating any topical redness or irritation (including those with topical conditions)
- Soothing and nourishing to the skin, cooling, and cleansing (feels refreshing upon application)
- Helps in hydrating even very dry skin and soothing and nourishing the skin
Philosophy’s Renewed Hope In A Jar Pros and Cons
Overall, I have never tried an exfoliating cream that left my skin feeling so soft and looking so refreshed and vibrant after use, and the multi-use benefits really add value. While it isn’t the same as using a scrub, it definitely detoxifies and gets rid of dead skin while providing moisture for dry skin at the same time, which is a really rare find.
Here are a look at some main pros and cons to bear in mind prior to purchase with Philosophy’s Renewed Hope In A Jar:
- Cruelty-free company: company does not test on any animals, does not use any animal products in any of its product formulations, or during any of its manufacturing processes
- Formulated for all skin types, including dry, sensitive, oily, combination, and even sensitive and acne-prone skin
- Helps improve signs of dryness even in very parched or dry skin, dull and uneven texture or tone, and dramatically improves the feel and look of the skins overall tone
- Formulated free of any parabens, sulfates, or harsh chemical additives that can irritate the skin
- Detoxifies the skin and removes signs of dirt, oil, impurities, blackheads, oils, and debris at the same time as moisturizing the skin
- Multi-use benefits: Renewed Hope In a Jar hydrates even very dry skin while providing gentle exfoliating benefits at the same time, eliminating the need for other facial scrub products and adding value
- Product shelf life and longevity: even a very small amount goes a very long way for even dry skin, so Hope In a Jar last for several months even with daily use, adding value
- Award winning beauty product that has been featured in several bestselling magazines, as well as “Oprah’s List of Favorite Things” on more than one occasion
- Cult-favorite beauty product that has been a bestseller for year and a fan-favorite product
- Even with sensitive and acne-prone skin, my skin was left feeling soft and smooth after use and I experienced no rashes, redness, breakouts, reaction, or reactivity after or during use
- Even after a few uses, instantly boosts radiance and gives the skin a much healthier appearance with added vibrance
- Anti-aging benefits: improves the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, sun damage, and pigmentation issues
- The texture is lightweight and never feels heavy, greasy, sticky, and is highly breathable
- Some customers do not like the smell of the product (I did not experience this or dislike the smell and this is a personal preference, however if you don’t like it, it does tend to dissipate quickly)
- Price point: for a multi-use product that lasts for quite some time this is certainly not a very high priced item, but for those on a budget it also does not run extremely cheap either, so it is on the high-moderate end, but does offer great value
Philosophy’s Money- Back Guarantee- Policy
The manufacturer, Philosophy, has a strong return and exchange policy that honors full refunds upon dissatisfaction or allergy, and this policy favors the consumer, both new and returning.
If you are dissatisfied with the use of Philosophy’s Renewed Hope In a Jar, or if it does not work for your skin to provide suitable skincare, exfoliating and general hydrating benefits, or you experience any product allergy or reaction to the formulation, you may elect to return it at any time.
In this case, you will receive a full refund equal to the entire purchase price of the item, if purchased via Amazon (it can’t be guaranteed to apply to individual stores or merchants).
Philosophy’s Renewed Hope In A Jar: Worth It For Its Price?
There are very few, if any, moisturizing creams available on the market that can provide gentle exfoliating benefits to the skin while hydrating and anti-aging at the same time.
When I find one that’s moderately priced (and endorsed by Oprah), I tend to stick with it, wouldn’t we all?
Philosophy’s Renewed Hope In A Jar is a bestselling standout because it gets a few jobs done at once- which is what we all really want to spend our money on, rather than shopping around for several items and then footing a larger bill.
Using this lightweight cream, even with dry skin my skin felt incredibly softer and silky, looked younger (with visibly less fine lines around the forehead area), tone and texture were more even, my skin was clear, toned, and bright, and extremely hydrated.
So when you’re in need of a great triple-threat that will take care of several issues at once, Philosophy’s Renewed Hope In a Jar is the perfect remedy and a great bathroom staple to use as both a daily moisturizer, anti-aging cream, and light facial exfoliating treatment.
While it could be a bit cheaper, considering the ingredients and all that it does in one jar, this truly gives us hope, and we highly recommend this powerful potion!