Review: Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask (Perfect For All Seasons)
Peter Thomas Roth’s Pumpkin Enzyme Mask may sound like a seasonal mask, but unlike your favorite Starbucks drink, this anti-aging mask is not limited to any specific time of year and is a bestselling product for the brand.
Newly reformulated with a powerful boost of anti-aging ingredients, this mask is designed to peel away signs of dead skin and deeply exfoliate.
Who doesn’t want a deep exfoliating peel that smells of fresh pumpkins and treats signs of fine lines, wrinkles, sun damage, and loss of elasticity from the comfort of home?
When you’re looking for an instant boost of radiance and skin that looks smoother, softer and firmer immediately, Peter Thomas Roth’s Pumpkin Enzyme Mask deeply treats all of the signs of dullness, aging, and congested skin in one go.
Review: Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask
Peter Thomas Roth’s Pumpkin Enzyme Mask is a 5oz treatment designed to help fight and prevent signs of aging on the skin while providing a very deep exfoliating skincare treatment that rids the skin of any dirt, impurities, blackheads, and oils.
It’s safe for all skin types and can be used as a 1-2 times per week treatment mask, similar to a mini- at home peel you would get at a salon, but without the hefty price sticker.
I was nervous using this the first time with very sensitive skin considering the potent ingredients, but did not experience any breakouts or adverse reactions (and started slowly, using it for about 3 minutes per treatment).
Afterwards, my skin was left looking refreshed, clear, radiant, and fully brightened. I was surprised to see how fast one treatment worked so quickly.
Over time with treatment sessions, results only get better and your skin gets used to the ingredients more as well. There are improvements with fine lines, wrinkles, acne scarring, sun spots, and signs of sun damage after using the Pumpkin Enzyme Mask continually for a few weeks along with your regular skincare routine.
It’s ideal for those who are looking for deep exfoliating mask treatments, anti-aging masks (like the Glow Recipe Sleep Mask we reviewed), and fans of AHA treatment products and masks in general.
Although, I bought it for the reason I think many of its fans did- it works, and it smells like fresh pumpkin pie. Who doesn’t love that?
If you’re comparison shopping and looking for other mask products, we also recommend checking out our reviews on the Peter Thomas Roth Mask Kit and Dr. Jart’s Sheet Mask Collection while you’re here!
Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask Ingredients
Here is a look at some of the key ingredients contained in PTR’s Pumpkin Enzyme Mask and some benefits with use:
- Brightens and clarifies dull skin and boosts radiance
- Helps to shrink the appearance of pore size
- Anti-acne benefits: zinc contained in pumpkin extract helps prevent acne from forming and helps prevent new breakouts
- Helps to moisturize and hydrate dry skin
- Acts as an anti-inflammatory: soothes dry, red, flaky, and irritated skin
Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA)
AHA’s (alpha hydroxy acids) are natural compounds found in sugar cane. They contains very small molecules that are able to penetrate the skin easily and deeply, and they are often safer than harsh chemical or laser treatment peels for the skin. Here are some key benefits:
- Anti-acne benefits: treats dead skin cells, cystic acne, sebum, and acne scarring, reduces new breakouts from forming
- Minimizes the appearance of pore size and large pores
- Improves collagen production and elasticity (anti-aging)
- Deep exfoliation benefits, detoxifies the skin
- Dissolves dead skin cells, removing whiteheads, breakouts and blackheads
- Anti-aging benefits: reduces signs of fine lines, wrinkles, deeper set lines, sun spots and pigmentation
- Evens out texture of the skin and plumps the skin to create a more youthful aesthetic
- Helps other products absorb better following use (i.e. creams, serums)
- Restores healthy PH balance to the skin
- Brightens skin and restores radiance in dull or sallow skin
- Works very quickly, in comparison to other ingredients and formulations
- Anti-inflammatory properties help in treating any topical redness or irritation
- Anti-acne benefits: helps prevent acne and bacteria that causes blemishes, decreasing breakouts, blackheads and whiteheads, particularly in the t-zone area
- Anti-aging benefits: with continual daily use over time, fights signs of aging such as fine lines, wrinkles, sun spots, and with longterm use signs of hyper-pigmentation
- Helps in providing moisture to the skin that is very absorbing and provides a long moisture hold
- Suitable for both very dry skin, combination skin, sensitive skin, and acne-prone skin
- Soothing and nourishing to the skin, cooling and cleansing
- Helps in providing a hydrating cleanse that still leaves skin smooth and free of any dirt or oil, without drying out or stripping the skin of natural oil
- For dry skin; helps in fully hydrating the skin
Sunflower Seed Oil
- Anti-acne benefits: helps treat and prevent acne breakouts and prevent new breakouts from forming
- Anti-aging benefits: helps prevent premature signs of aging, fine lines, and wrinkles on the skin
- Protects the skin from the sun and acts as a protective barrier from environmental pollution and harm, UVA/UVB damage and rays
- Decreases inflammation and helps soothe any redness, irritation, or damage on the skin
- Smoothens out the appearance of any existing wrinkles
How Do I Use Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask?
- Apply a thin layer to clean skin (you may want to apply a serum first)
- Gently massage in a circular motion with wet fingertips into your skin
- Leave on for three to seven minutes (if you are less experienced with AHAs and this treatment, leave on for 3, if you have more experience and resilient skin, you can leave on for longer)
- Rinse the product off gently using lukewarm water
- Use one or two times per week, if you are less experienced begin with once
- Finish with your regular routine if desired, or let your skin sit and heal from the treatment (especially if less experienced)
Peter Thomas Roth Money Back Guarantee Policy
The manufacturer, Peter Thomas Roth, has a strong return and exchange policy that honors full refunds upon dissatisfaction or allergy, and this policy favors the consumer, both new and returning.
If you are dissatisfied with the use of Peter Thomas Roth’s Pumpkin Enzyme Mask, or if it does not work for your skin to provide suitable skincare, anti-aging and general hydrating benefits, or you experience any product allergy or reaction to the formulation, you may elect to return it at any time.
In this case, you will receive a full refund equal to the entire purchase price of the item, if purchased via Amazon (it can’t be guaranteed to apply to individual stores or merchants).
Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask Pros & Cons
Here is a look at some key pros and cons to bear in mind prior to purchase with PTR’s Pumpkin Mask:
- Advanced anti-aging benefits: the mask helps treat fine lines, wrinkles, signs of sun damage, sun spots, acne scarring, hyperpigmentation, and loss of firmness
- For those with dull and sallow skin: the mask helps restore glow, radiance, and vibrance to the skin
- Cruelty-free company: company does not test their products on any animals, use any animal product in any of their formulations, or during any of their manufacturing processes
- The Pumpkin Enzyme Mask is formulated without any parabens, sulfates, or harsh chemical additives that can be irritating to the skin
- Safe for all skin types ranging from dry to oily
- Treats large pore size, uneven complexion, uneven tone, aging concerns, and dullness
- The Pumpkin Enzyme Mask has recently been reformulated with AHA (a more powerful blend of anti-aging ingredients), designed to treat more advanced concerns and signs of damage
- Works for both men and women and those of all ages- great for those looking for prevention and for those with more advanced signs of aging
- Acts as a deep exfoliating treatment to detoxify the skin and remove all signs of dirt, oil, impurities and oils from the skin (blackheads, acne, whiteheads, etc)
- Helps other skincare products absorb more effectively and work better before and after using
- Has a clean fresh scent (of yummy freshly baked pumpkin)
- Some with very sensitive skin may experience reactions or redness after using this mask (while I personally did not with sensitive skin, it is always possible)- if you are sensitive to AHAs, you may want to avoid this product, or leave it on for less than the suggested 7 minutes
- If you are new to these types of ingredients, you must allow the skin to build up to the active/potent AHA, so it’s recommended to start by putting it on the skin for less time, and using it less frequently
- You must always remember to wear a sun protecting product (like the Malin and Goetz SPF 30 Moisturizer we reviewed) when you are using any product containing an AHA ingredient (this is not a con, just a suggestion with any product containing this ingredient, as it can expose the skin further to damage)
- Price point: the price for this mask is definitely not cheap, however it does last for quite some time and if you are looking for a go-to mask containing AHA and anti-aging properties, this is one of the bestsellers on the market with top reviews and great benefits
Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask: Worth It Winner?
When you’re looking for a perfect anti-aging mask and especially if you’re a fan of AHAs and glycolics, or if you just love delicious pumpkin scented masks that erase fine lines and wrinkles (thats why I bought this, let’s be honest), Peter Thomas Roth’s Pumpkin Enzyme Mask is definitely a worth it winner for its price.
While it may seem steep as a first purchase, it saves money on fancy salon treatment peels and exfoliating treatments (plus the time involved and potential breakouts you can’t return), and leaves your skin feeling smoother and softer than ever.
I noticed getting a lot of compliments on my skin the day after first trying out this mask, without doing anything else differently, and there was a visible difference- my skin was bright, fresh, radiant, and I couldn’t even notice any pores.
When you’re in need of a fountain of youth in a jar and a deep exfoliating process that will detoxify the whole face and neck area, this Pumpkin Mask is the perfect treatment.
It smells so good you end up wanting to eat it.
But we’ve gone over the ingredients…..so don’t do it.