Aren’t we all looking for a radiance-boosting skin smoothing treatment than works overnight?
Glow Recipe’s Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask is a breathable formulation that helps to boost radiance and perfect the appearance of the complexion upon waking up.
Popular and trending K-beauty brand, Glow Recipe, is famed for their varying collection of masks and topical products formulated with clean ingredients that refresh and hydrate, while effortlessly nourishing the skin and repairing any signs of dullness and uneven tone or texture.
The Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask has quickly become a fan-favorite with legions of dedicated followers of all different skin types (though this particular product seems to work especially well for those who are prone to oily or combination skin), and in trying it after a sampler collection, I was so impressed by the results that I purchased the full size immediately.
In the morning, skin is left looking and feeling refreshed, revitalized, and glowing. Out of every overnight mask treatment in the category this is definitely a personal favorite, as it is equal parts gentle (non-threatening) and provides visible results upon waking up, even if you have not gotten a full nights sleep.
This review will cover some main product features, some key ingredients contained in the watermelon glow sleeping mask and their corresponding benefits, some main pros and cons to bear in mind prior to purchase, as well as a final verdict, for you to help you make a more informed purchasing choice.
Review: Glow Recipe’s Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask
The trending Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask is a 2.7 oz overnight treatment with a sleek glass container and a pink texture that smells of fresh watermelon juice.
Traditionally used as an overnight sleep mask, a thin coat is left on the skin overnight (about two scoops or a generous layer), and the skin is left feeling “baby soft,” refreshed, hydrated, and even in the morning. The first time I used this as an overnight treatment I woke up to skin that was radiant and glowing, and definitely did not anticipate results that quickly.
With continual use over time, the product also offers exfoliating benefits, helps minimize the appearance of pore size, has anti-aging benefits, and helps to maintain a vibrant and luminous complexion for those with dull or sallow skin. It also generally helps to improve tone and texture dramatically, and can definitely decrease the need for toning and exfoliating products.
Suitable for all skin types, including those who are sensitive or acne-prone, it is also equally parts gentle and effective, if you have any potential fear about leaving a mask on overnight (as I did). It also does not leave behind any grease or residue and feels highly breathable on the skin.
If you are extremely sensitive or dealing with a topical condition (or looking to test out the product prior to use), it can also be used as a take-off mask, by applying product generously to the entire face and removing it using a hot or warm towel or cloth product afterwards.
Ultimately, if you’re looking for a refreshing overnight treatment and looking for fast results, this is one of the best products on the market I’ve tried, that I would recommend to those of any skin type or complexion.
Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask Ingredients
For those of us with sensitive or acne-prone skin, or for those who may be new to the brand in general, it is often as important to consider the ingredients contained in topical products and corresponding benefits with use as you would the foods you consume, or the way you may check food information via meal delivery services or when grocery shopping.
With that in mind, here are a few key ingredients contained in Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask and corresponding benefits with use:
- Helps increase overall blood circulation, leading to a healthier looking aesthetic in the face with a more glowing finishing aesthetic
- Contains natural anti-aging benefits: decreases the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, sun spots, and discoloration, helps maintain and improve elasticity, with continual use over time will help address more advanced concerns like pigmentation and deeper set lines
- Anti-inflammatory properties help to nourish the skin and helps to soothe and relieve any topical irritation, discomfort, redness, or minor abrasions
- Rich in Vitamin C, the extract can also help brighten the skin and even out all of the texture, smoothening out everything and helping with skin texture
- Helps control any excess oil production- for those with oily or acne prone skin types
- Works in tandem with the peony root extract contained in the formation to act as a natural skin toner and provide clarity and balance
- Acts as a natural toner for the skin: detoxifies and purifies the skin while balancing tone and texture
- For those with dry skin: helps to restore any depleted hydration, moisturizes, and helps lock in moisture to the surface level of the skin
- For those experiencing dull or sallow complexions: helps to promote a more radiant aesthetic, brighten, and naturally clarify the complexion
- Helps to minimize the appearance of pore size and acts as a detoxifying agent: helps to treat blackheads, whiteheads, and clogged pores in the T-zone area
- Works in tandem with the other ingredients in the formulation to support overall skin health and improve tone, texture, and glow
- For dry or dehydrated skin: creates a smooth and supple texture and aesthetic, that’s softer and improved in hydration
- Is already a naturally occurring element in the body that depletes over time with age (akin to collagen), requiring restoration to maintain the same youthful appearance, thus highly gentle and safe for sensitive skin and those of all complexions
- For dull or sallow skin: helps restore balance and promotes a more radiant finishing aesthetic
- Helps diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and signs of hyper-pigmentation and sun damage/sun spots over time with continual daily use
- Suitable for all skin types, helping restore balance in oil production for those with oily or combination skin, and adding moisture for those with dry skin
- Anti-aging benefits: aids in firming and maintaining moisture to the skin and layers of the dermis to help prevent further damage and plump out any preexisting damage or lines
- With a very silky and lightweight texture, this is not an ingredient that typically makes a product feel heavy, greasy, or sticky on the skin
- Helps to restore depleted hydration and overall appearance of the skin, with the ability to absorb 1000 times its weight in water and a 72 hour moisture hold
- Safe and suitable for all skin types and sensitivities, this ingredient helps restore a supple appearance, smoother aesthetic, and helps replenish depleted hydration
Behind Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask
Recently booming in popularity and developing quite the cult-following, Glow Beauty is a Korean based skincare company founded on principles of simplicity and efficacy via using clean and fresh ingredients that support skin health.
Founded by two female CEO’s with backgrounds in the skincare industry and personal relationships, the company has recently expanded and continues to gain new fans who appreciate the gentle formulations suitable for sensitive (or any) skin type that are actually results-driven, and provide visible aesthetic improvements at a much faster rate than many competitor products on the market.
From the manufacturer, “Glow Recipe features the best of Korean beauty, founded by beauty industry experts Sarah Lee and Christine Chang. Over the years, Sarah and Christine met with thousands of customers, and again and again in these conversations, found women whose skincare needs were not met and whose lives simply didn’t mesh with complicated, fussy routines. They tasked themselves with creating hybrid skincare that would simplify these needs while bringing to life everything they love about Korean skincare: innovation, excitement, and sensoriality. Glow Recipe skincare pairs the best Korean technologies with the results-forward backbone of Western beauty. The needs and know-how of two vastly different beauty cultures are at work in these products, creating a Korean-inspired routine that’s perfectly distilled.”
For fans of gentle and effective mask and topical products and K-beauty collections or regimens in general, I would highly recommend Glow Recipe, as they continue to thrive and grow daily with a solid and transparent company vision that implements transparent practices and only utilizes cruelty-free products with clean formulations.
Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask Pros & Cons
While I found the overwhelming majority of product features and benefits with use to be very positive, and results were visible quite quickly (yet still gentle and nourishing), the main drawbacks in this case are the price point- which is definitely an investment item for most of us, but does prove incredible longevity, and a minority of users described allergies. It’s important to note with the latter this did represent a small number of users, some of whom said it was from using the product on a daily basis (not recommended or needed), and with any topical treatment there is always a risk of allergic reaction- so spot testing is always advisable.
With that in mind, here are some key pros and cons to bear in mind prior to purchase:
- Cruelty-free company: company does not test any of its ingredients on any animals, use any animal product during any manufacturing processes, or use any animal product in any of its formulations
- The brand conception is based on effective simplicity rather than overcomplicated regimens, so using this treatment once or twice per week in conjunction with a cleanser and moisturizer of your choosing is ideal
- Safe and suitable for all skin types (including sensitive and acne prone): even with both of the aforementioned skin concerns I did not experience any breakouts, reaction, redness, allergy, or reactivity when using the
- The watermelon glow sleeping mask is formulated without any mineral oils, harsh chemical additives, sulfates, parabens, or dyes
- All of the ingredients in the formulation are clean and very high quality, supporting natural skin health, radiance, glow, and restored vibrance
- For those with oily or combination skin types: helps to control oil production and restore balance (this tends to be very popular with those with combination skin)
- For those with dry skin types: helps to promote balance and is extremely hydrating (as someone with dry skin, even hearing this was geared towards oil control and combination skin, I found the product to be incredibly softening and hydrating)
- Never feels greasy, sticky, or heavy on the skin and leaves behind no residue on linens, pillows, or clothing items
- Has a lovely light scent which is quite sweet and akin to fresh watermelon (some reviewers felt it was actually too sweet for their preferences, but it dissipates quite quickly and lacks any artificial odor)
- Works incredibly fast in terms of results: following first time overnight use, I noticed improved brightening benefits, restored radiance, and a more even tone and texture
- For those with dull or sallow skin: this is the perfect solution for a glowing and more vibrant complexion, even if you have not gotten enough traditional “beauty rest,” skin looks refreshed and revitalized following use upon waking up
- The mask helps to visibly decrease the appearance of pore size
- Helps to eliminate the need to exfoliate and/or tone as frequently, as it improves overall clarity, tone and texture used as a standalone product
- Helps to eliminate blackheads, whiteheads, and clogged pores
- Over time, can help eliminate the appearance of sun damage, sun spots, and acne scarring
- The only main drawback with this product is the price point, which is indeed a splurge for most of us- with that said, this is not a daily treatment product, so users can expect to reap benefits from the product for many (6+) months with regular use- as 1-2 times per week should be sufficient, depending on personal preferences- however it is not needed or advisable to use the product on a daily basis and can lead to breakout, additionally, the incredible benefits with use do add significant value
- The texture of the product can make it a bit difficult to scoop out using the spoon included at first, but if you stir the product first prior to use it helps quite a bit
- Due to AHA contained in the product (which can increase sun sensitivity) it is highly advisable to use this product in conjunction with a daily SPF foundation or moisturizer product in the morning
If you are new to the brand or K-beauty collections in general (or have any initial fears about overnight mask products), the return policy in this case may be a highly important factor for you.
The manufacturer, Glow Recipe, has a strong return and exchange policy that honors full refunds upon dissatisfaction or allergy, and this policy favors the consumer, both new and returning. If you are dissatisfied with the use of the mask, or if it does not work for your skin to provide suitable hydrating or balancing benefits, or you experience any product allergy or reaction to the formulation, you may elect to return it at any time.
In this case, you will receive a full refund equal to the entire purchase price of the item.
If the item was received as a gift (without receipt), the policy applies for an even exchange, and this policy is applicable to online purchase, as individual store policy may vary depending on location and distributer.
If you feel the policy if not taken into consideration, you may contact customer service, and you can remain ensured you will receive a full refund.
I was happy to discover that the formulation was gentle enough to use even with very sensitive skin and did not cause any breakouts and was extremely breathable for overnight use, but due to potential price barriers or sensitivity concerns this policy may help assuage fears, as individual allergies are highly variable.
While I felt compared to the benefits with use of the product and overall shelf-life this made a worthy initial investment, this is a highly individual choice, and only one you as a consumer can decide on.
Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask: Hype?
The Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask is equally parts nourishing as it is efficacious, and users can expect to see fast results even upon first time use.
Visible results, as mentioned in the article, include anti-aging benefits, brightening, and improved luminosity and vibrancy for those with any dullness or sallow tone- in addition to improvements in both tone and texture.
If you’re seeking to address multiple concerns in one go quickly, this is a great product to try out, or at least sample. While it is certainly a splurge item, the value is really in the benefits and the product longevity with use- as daily use is not needed.
This overnight topical treatment is worthy of its newfound hype and I would highly recommend it to fans of the line and newcomers as an introductory item alike!
While I wish the price were a bit more modest, the benefits are fairly incomparable.