When I first tried Peter Thomas Roth’s 24k Gold Mask for Luxury Lifting and Firming as part of a trial set, I have to admit, I judged myself a little for even putting it on my face.
Even as a skincare and beauty junkie, a gold mask is not something I’d typically splurge on or review, simply because it feels a bit indulgent, and I questioned if it was wasteful if used as a skincare ingredient.
But truthfully, after using the Peter Thomas Roth 24k Gold Mask for the first time, the results were nothing short of mind-blowing after taking it off for even the first time.
My skin looked incredibly bright, clear, radiant, glowing, and actually visibly firmer and younger after 1-2 uses.
While this is something I only purchase as a once in a while treat and splurge, when we can afford it, and considering all of the things we typically spend money on, for the benefits and results with one use that are equal to a salon-quality facial treatment, it feels justified.
So is Peter Thomas Roth’s 24k Gold Mask a worthy luxury splurge? We reviewed to find out.
Review: Peter Thomas Roth 24k Gold Mask
Peter Thomas Roth’s 24K Gold Mask Pure Luxury Lift & Firm Mask is a 5oz luxury treatment designed to promote radiance, enhance the appearance of youthful skin, and fully brighten the skin.
I was fully sold on this mask after one or two trials as it works quite quickly to really brighten up your entire face, soften the skin, and fully restore radiance and glow.
After using the anti-aging treatment for about 10-15 minutes and rinsing it off with warm water or removing with a hot towel, the skin is baby soft and completely dewy and refreshed, “glowing” like gold, so to speak. It’s also more even in tone and texture, and pore size seemed visibly reduced.
While you may use it a few times a week, I found once a week was fine for ideal results and helped maximize the shelf-life of the Gold Mask (which is a splurge, so it’s wise to use it sparingly if you can help yourself.)
Within a few weeks, anti-aging benefits are definitely noticeable and your skin has a more youthful glow with less lines and wrinkles, especially if you finish with a serum or oil treatment after use.
For those with dry skin, it’s also extremely hydrating and helps restore very dull and parched skin that feels lifeless.
And if you’re sensitive (unless there are any specific allergies), it’s also very gentle while still being quite effective.
While it’s indulgent, it feels so worth it after every use.
Peter Thomas Roth 24k Gold Mask Ingredients
Especially for those of us with sensitive or acne-prone skin, ingredients contained in skincare products can be as important to read as the ones in our food labels. Here is a look at the key ingredients contained in Peter Thomas Roth’s Pure Luxury Lift and Firm Mask with 24k Gold and some benefits with use:
- Brightens the skin, promotes radiance, vibrance, and increases glow
- Anti-inflammatory benefits: helps treat redness on the skin and any irritation
- Stimulates cell growth to help regenerate healthier, new, and firmer skin cells (anti-aging benefits)
- Tightens and restores firm skin while plumping out the appearance of any fine lines or wrinkles
- Helps increase blood flow and circulation to skin and tissues, making the complexion look healthier, younger, and rejuvenated
- Slows down the depletion of collagen and the breakdown of elastin to help prevent the skin from sagging or drooping in appearance
- Can help prevent future damage to the skin via antioxidant action/preventative treatment
- Anti-aging benefits: tightens and hydrates the skin (temporarily- reapplication will be needed to achieve this)
- Can help minimize the appearance of puffy or swollen skin (near the eye area or on the facial area), and help reduce the appearance of dark circles under and around the eye area if used with caution around the under-eyes
- Over time, can help reduce and prevent the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, sun damage, spots and environmental damage
- Helps to brighten the skin and promote radiance
- Helps the skin look more radiant, bright, and “glow”
- Anti-aging benefits: helps decrease signs of fine lines and wrinkles, hyper-pigmentation and sun damage/sun spots over time with continual daily use
- Suitable for all skin types, helping restore balance in oil production for those with oily or combination skin, and adding moisture for those with dry skin
- Is already a naturally occurring element in the body that depletes over time with age (akin to collagen), requiring restoration to maintain the same youthful appearance
- Helps to restore depleted hydration and overall appearance of the skin, with the ability to absorb 1000 times its weight in water and a 72 hour moisture hold
- Safe and suitable for all skin types and sensitivities
- With a very silky and lightweight texture, this is not an ingredient that typically makes a product feel heavy, greasy, or sticky on the skin
- For dry skin types: creates a smooth and supple texture and aesthetic, that’s softer and improved in hydration
- Brightens dull or sallow skin
- Anti-aging benefits: treats signs of fine lines, wrinkles, deeper set wrinkles, sun damage, sun spots (preventative and treatment)
- Anti-acne benefits: helps prevent acne and bacteria that causes blemishes, decreasing breakouts, blackheads and whiteheads, particularly in the t-zone area
- Helps to even out both tone and texture of the skin, restoring overall balance for all skin types
- Anti-inflammatory properties help in treating any topical redness, itch, or irritation (including those with topical conditions)
- Helps in treating any topical infection and decreasing bacteria on the skin, detoxifying properties
- Perfect for dry skin types, helps seal and lock in moisture into the surface of the skin
- Helps in restoring any lost hydration and soothes very dehydrated, parched, or irritated skin
- Soothing and nourishing to the skin, cooling, and cleansing (feels refreshing after application)
Peter Thomas Roth 24k Gold Mask Pros and Cons
Here are a look at some main pros and cons to bear in mind prior to purchase with Peter Thomas Roth’s 24k Gold Mask:
- Great for both men and women, and for all age groups
- Cruelty-free company: Peter Thomas Roth does not test any products on animals, use any animal products during any manufacturing processes, or in any product formulations
- Peter Thomas Roth’s 24k Gold Mask is made without any parabens, sulfates, or harsh chemical ingredients which can be irritating to the skin or cause irritation or reaction
- Anti-aging benefits: the mask helps reduce signs of lines, wrinkles, loss of elasticity, sun damage, age spots, and firms the skin with continual use
- Brightening benefits: the mask improves signs of radiance and restores glow, texture, and tone to the skin immediately after use
- Safe for all skin types, even sensitive and acne-prone (with both conditions I did experience any redness, reaction, breakouts, rashes, or irritation during or after use)
- This is by far one of the best facial treatments I have ever used that I would compare to an at-home facial treatment or salon quality service, and while it is a splurge, it lasts much longer
- A small amount of product goes quite a long way, so depending on how often you use the product, it should last you a good 8+ months
- While it can be used several times per week, once per week week is really all that is needed for sufficient and visible results over time
- Extremely hydrating for dry and dull skin with a long moisture hold
- The caffeine ingredient in the mask is ideal for lightening pigmentation issues, treating acne scar marks, and dark circles under the eyes
- Price point: while this is likely one of the best single masks I have ever tried, the price point is definitely quite steep and this is certainly a luxury item for most of us- I see this as a product that lasts for quite some time, delivers excellent skincare benefits, and can be used as a nice luxury splurge from time to time (with benefits that compare to spa type treatments but with more use) *The Amazon verified exclusive merchant is currently selling this item for about 50% off the retail price value, authentic and genuine product*
- Some customers felt the mask was “messy” to use or uncomfortable on the skin (I did not feel it felt this way at all, so this comes down to a matter of personal preference and taste)- if you dislike the texture you can absolutely exercise the return policy
Peter Thomas Roth Money-Back Guarantee Policy
The manufacturer, Peter Thomas Roth, has a strong return and exchange policy that honors full refunds upon dissatisfaction or allergy, and this policy favors the consumer, both new and returning.
If you are dissatisfied with the use of Peter Thomas Roth’s 24K Gold Mask, or if it does not work for your skin to provide suitable skincare, anti-aging and general hydrating benefits, or you experience any product allergy or reaction to the formulation, you may elect to return it at any time.
In this case, you will receive a full refund equal to the entire purchase price of the item, if purchased via Amazon (it can’t be guaranteed to apply to individual stores or merchants).
Peter Thomas Roth 24k Gold Mask: Worth It Winner?
While it is a splurge, Peter Thomas Roth’s 24k Gold Mask is definitely a worth it for its price winner for use only because it seems to come with true salon/facial-type benefits at home, without the time, price, and (to be fair) with a return policy if you aren’t happy.
With single use, your skin is deeply hydrated, nourished, repaired, and fully brightened. It feels soft, refreshed, and looks supple.
The mask also feels like a luxury you can enjoy after a long week at work or day, or simply a nice self-care item, which is never wrong.
Over time, the anti-aging benefits are also visible, and we can always appreciate younger looking, glowing, and dewy skin with less signs of lines and wrinkles.
While this is not an everyday use item and none of us can argue that it comes cheap, we all deserve a nice treat now and then, and this is one skincare product that definitely seems worth it!