Peppermint and Cilantro seem to be quite the unusual pairing, but that’s what skincare and haircare gurus Malin and Goetz recommend in their line of niche but widely popular products. The peppermint shampoo, a top selling SKU and hit with men in particular, provides a fresh scent that wakes you up in the morning while providing a deep cleanse. The cilantro conditioner nourishes hair leaving it soft, shiny and restored. The combination of the two may sound like an odd choice, but in practice the resulting improvement in hair quality and scent is actually quite favorable. The product can be used on any hair type, providing moisture for dry hair, and a deep cleanse for oily/greasy hair. It is also safe to use on color treated hair.
Review: Malin and Goetz Peppermint Shampoo & Cilantro Conditioner
So in a market where haircare products are developed one after the next, does this product stand up to the hype and offer anything special? We think the shampoo and conditioner pair is great. It’s hydrating, suitable for all hair types, gentle and leaves the hair shiny and strong. The peppermint extract in the shampoo stimulates hair follicles at the root, creating a volumizing effect and adding body to the hair. It is free of any parabens or irritants. The cilantro conditioner is the suggested supplement product to the shampoo and hydrates without leaving the hair greasy or weighed down. We were thankful it didn’t have any similarity to the food item in scent. When paired together the scent is actually quite clean and zesty, and the hair is left hydrated and soft.
Malin and Goetz Brand Background
Matthew Malin and Andrew Goetz utilized a diverse breadth of experience in the cosmetics and haircare world to found a company designed with simple solutions and sensitive skin in mind. Their product range is featured at several salon chains and used frequently at barber shops local to New York. The haircare is even offered at gyms and you may find sample sized hair items in hotels or on (domestic and international) airlines. The company has several Brick and Mortar locations and can be purchased at department stores or online. There was a void anticipated in the market for staple, simple products made with high quality ingredients and gentle enough to treat all skin, hair and scalp types. The line deviates away from complex multi-step regimens and multiple steps for busy urbanites looking to avoid the hassle. They favor well developed products with multiple points for usage. With simple skincare and haircare solutions and a wealth of loyal testimony in mind, they have created a solution for both busy professionals seeking simplicity and those with sensitivities seeking relief from product irritation. There was further demand for a line that could be used equally as often with women and men. Their fan base is strictly 50/50 in terms of male/female shoppers. The hair products in particular are often favored by men, including the noteworthy style cream and pomade (which can compliment the shampoo and conditioner quite well).
Malin and Goetz Peppermint Shampoo & Cilantro Conditioner Ingredients
The shampoo is formulated with natural peppermint extract and amino acid-based cleansing agents to balance, clean, and clarify all hair types. It’s gentle enough for daily use and provides a minty, tingly quality. The peppermint stimulates the hair follicles at the root. Amino acid based agents clarify the hair while helping in retaining moisture.
The conditioner is formulated with fatty acid agents that deliver lightweight but intense hydration and help bind moisture into the hair, yielding soft locks. Shea butter is used for additional moisture and helps heal the hair. Natural cilantro extract calms and tames the hair while adding a refreshing (yet subtle) scent to the product.
Malin and Goetz Peppermint Shampoo & Cilantro Conditioner Pros and Cons
Every brand can claim satisfied and unsatisfied customers irrespective of product quality, as it’s very difficult to rate products with total objectively and barring any individual preference or affinity. So we took a closer look at some of the various positives and negatives to weigh out all pros and cons prior to a purchasing decision.
- The shampoo offers a deep-cleanse without stripping the hair of moisture
- The peppermint extract in the shampoo offers a stimulating effect, creating a fuller and vuluminous quality to hair
- Safe for all hair types and beneficial for dry or oily hair
- The scent is quite nice when the products are paired together, and each product has a great smell as a standalone product as well
- No parabens, harsh dyes or irritating ingredients, very safe to use and safe for the scalp
- Cruelty free, products were not tested on any animals
- Full refund offered for purchase price if any concerns, dissatisfaction or allergy occurs
- The conditioner offers a lightweight formula that does not leave the hair feeling greasy but still supports adequate hydration, shine and long-lasting moisture-hold
- Superb quality of ingredients and all natural amino acids used
- Is enjoyed by men and women, making it a must-have for every couples bathroom
- If one product of the pair is not enjoyed, the other can still be used as a standalone product and can be used with other brands or treatments
- If both products are used together they compliment one another
- Safe for color-treated hair
- Expense- the product does not come cheap per ounce, but does offer longevity with conservative use
- A subset of customers do not like the scent of the cilantro conditioner, in this case it can also be supplemented with
- Those with very dry hair may prefer a more moisturizing shampoo
Malin and Goetz Peppermint Shampoo & Cilantro Conditioner: Worth It?
Both the peppermint shampoo and cilantro conditioner are excellent haircare options for those seeking a simple solution and easy two-step routine. We appreciate the products versatility and applications, supporting multiple hair types and bearing scalp sensitivity in mind. These products are great for people on the go, excellent for morning showers, and leave the hair soft and supple. The addition of a volumizing effect was a great surprise and body was added to the hair. We understand why the products seem to sell themselves and “the buzz” makes sense. We’d give the shampoo and conditioner a solid stamp of approval!