Review: Fresh Rose Face Mask (Fresh Rose Petals & Glowing Skin)
For those of us who want to throw on a mask on be left smelling like a face of fresh rose petals and clear, hydrated skin, Fresh’s Rose Face Mask uses real rose petals in a silky gel cream to hydrate and tone the skin.
This leaves you feeling incredibly soft, nourished, and refreshed.
Safe for all skin (including sensitive and acne-prone), the bestselling mask is designed to help minimize pore size and hydrate dry skin types. But it works for any skin type, and actually helps in restoring balance for those who are oily or combination.
When applying the mask, skin feels instantly refreshed, and after a long day or week of work, isn’t that what we are all looking for?
Considering the organic ingredients, scent, and entire experience, I would actually rate this mask a step further- it’s more like an at-home spa experience, but one you can enjoy as often as you’d like without totally breaking the bank.
So what’s all the hype about Fresh’s Rose Face Mask? We reviewed.
Review: Fresh Rose Face Mask
Fresh Cosmetics Rose Face Mask, designed to treat signs of dryness, aging skin, and large pore size, is a fan favorite for the brand, and feels like you’re using a spa treatment from the comfort of your own home.
Formulated with fresh organic ingredients and nothing artificial, it supports skin healths and leaves you with a fresh and radiant glow.
After using the mask, my skin instantly improved even after one use (in terms of tone, texture, clarity, hydration and a general feeling of nourishment/calming). Even with sensitive and acne-prone skin and poor reactions to rose ingredients in the past, I experienced no irritation or breakouts after using the Rose Mask.
It also smells exactly like fresh flowers and rose petals, probably because it actually contains fresh rose petals.
Side note? It pairs perfectly with Thayers Witch Hazel Rose Petal Toner that we previously reviewed with flying colors!
Talk about true luxury in a jar.
After using this mask at night, I woke up to truly dewy and radiant skin, and I could tell that the appearance of my pore size had definitely decreased.
While the Fresh Rose Face Mask is great for hydrating dry skin, it also works great at restoring balance for those who are oily or combination and has great benefits as an anti-acne treatment as well.
Another side note? I like to use this along with Neutrogena’s Oil Free Acne Wash on days that I’m really breaking out for maximum benefits.
For those who are sensitive, it is extremely gentle and nourishing, and very calming- whether it’s applied during the day or night.
It seems like a great treatment for those of all age groups as well, as it has preventative benefits and anti-aging benefits, if you’re looking to treat lines, wrinkles, and sun damage.
Fresh Rose Face Mask Benefits
We took a look at some of the main benefits to using Fresh’s Rose Face Mask by studying some of the key ingredients contained in the formulation. This is definitely the first skincare product I’ve seen that contains actual rose petals as an ingredient, and I am not upset by that. The ingredients help hydrate, nourish, balance, tone, and anti-age the skin. In addition, there are some anti-acne benefits with use, and the skin works for minimizing the look of large pores.
Here are some key ingredients and there benefits with use:
- Anti-aging benefits: helps to minimize the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and any preexisting sun damage
- Helps to maintain the skins natural PH balance and maintain natural oil production, good for dry types- as well as oily and combination skin
- Anti-inflammatory properties can help reduce the appearance of topical irritation, skin redness, acne, eczema, clogged pores, and help the removal of excess dirt and oil from the skin’s surface
- Helps promote a dewy, refreshed, and more vibrant finishing aesthetic following use
- Helps to hydrate, moisturize, smoothen, soften, and revitalize the appearance of the skin
- Helps to regenerate skin tissues and cells, helping to support overall skin health and promote a more even tone and complexion
- Reduces blotchiness and redness by helping to tighten capillaries, clean pores, and tone the skin
- Anti-acne benefits: helps to minimize breakouts and the bacteria the cause blemishes
- Anti-acne benefits: fights acne and bacteria that causes acne and new blemishes from forming
- Anti-aging properties and benefits (for preventative concerns); aloe contains beta carotene, vitamin C and E that can help improve the skin’s natural firmness and improve elasticity
- Helps diminish the appearance of burned skin, soothes sunburns and preexisting sun damage
- Anti-inflammatory properties promote healing and soothing to the skin
- Effective healing properties to the skin, helps repair and nurture tissue, helps treat sun damage
- Works in tandem with other ingredients in the formulation to support skin health, repair, and overall hydration
- For dry skin: helps to soften and hydrate skin without clogging pores, leading to a glowing complexion
- Helps to reduce the appearance of pore size
- Soothing and nourishing to damaged, irritated, or sunburned skin
- For dry or dehydrated skin: hydrates any depleted moisture to help balance and soften skin
- With continual long term use over time, may help minimize the appearance of any sun spots or signs of hyper-pigmentation
- Anti-acne benefits: antibacterial agent that treats and prevents acne and breakouts, prevents the formation of new acne and acne causing bacteria
- B2 contained in green tea extract helps maintains structure and firmness to the skin, anti-aging properties including minimizing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Protects against free radical damage in the environment, creating a protective barrier on the skin, working in tandem with other ingredients
- Vitamin E (found in green tea extract) supports skin cell growth and expedites cellular turnover while hydrating the skin for anti-aging benefits, providing moisture benefits for all skin types, even very dry skin, safe for sensitive skin
- Anti-aging benefits: treats signs of fine lines, wrinkles, deeper set wrinkles, sun damage, sun spots
- Anti-acne benefits: helps prevent acne and bacteria that causes blemishes, decreasing breakouts, blackheads and whiteheads, particularly in the t-zone area
- Helps to even out both tone and texture, restoring overall balance
- Anti-inflammatory properties help in treating any topical redness or irritation (including those with topical conditions)
- Soothing and nourishing to the skin, cooling, and cleansing (feels refreshing upon application)
- Helps in providing a hydrating cleanse that still leaves skin smooth and free of any dirt or oil, without drying out or stripping the skin of natural oil
- Helps in treating any topical infection and decreasing bacteria on the skin, detoxifying properties
- Suitable for dry skin, helps seal and lock in moisture into the surface of the skin
- Helps in depleting any lost hydration and soothes very dehydrated, parched, or irritated skin
Fresh Rose Face Mask: How Do I Use It?
- After cleansing, apply a generous amount to already dampened skin and removed gently after 10-15 minutes
- Rinse thoroughly
Extra tips for using Fresh Rose Mask:
- Apply as a daily mask if desired, as it is gentle enough to do so
- Apply after extremely temperature changes or jetlag, if you are need of an instant pick me up
- Use a toner and/or essence prior to application for enhanced effects
- Use a serum and treatment cream following application for enhanced effects
- Use prior to makeup application for a radiant finish
- Use before bedtime for a morning glow
Fresh Rose Face Mask Positives and Negatives
While I found the majority of features and benefits with use to be positive with the use of the Fresh Rose Face Mask, the price point is a bit steep in comparison to competitors. However, the product does have a great shelf-life, and is filled with natural and pure ingredients make it seem like a very worthy splurge. With that said, here are a look at some main pros and cons to bear in mind prior to purchase:
- Helps to treat dull and sallow skin: leaves the skin looking refreshed, bright, radiant, and renewed
- Cruelty-free company– company does not test any of their products on any animals, use any animal product in any formulations, or during any manufacturing processes
- Free of any parabens, sulfates, chemicals, or harsh irritating agents
- Safe for all skin types (oily, dry, combination, acne-prone and sensitive)
- Anti-aging benefits: helps to treat the fine lines, wrinkles, sun damage, loss of elasticity, sun damage, sun spots, deeper set lines, and loss of firmness
- Extremely gentle, not irritating, and nourishing
- Even with sensitive and acne prone skin, I did not experience and fine lines, wrinkles, loss of elasticity
- Perfect for use at night to wake up to a more refreshed and radiant appearance in the morning
- Perfect for use before makeup for a more radiant finishing look
- All fresh and organic ingredients are used in the formula, including real rose petals
- Very much like an at-home spa experience from the comfort of your own home
- A little product goes a very long way, so a jar should last you for quite some time- adding value to the product and money spent
- For the face mask category, the price point is quite steep, so it is important to realize this is definitely a splurge, and serves as a treat for those who want to invest in the ingredients and the benefits with use
- For those with the most sensitive skin, rose can be a very active ingredient, so as with any skincare product, spot testing is always recommended
Fresh’s Money-Back Guarantee-Policy
The manufacturer, Fresh Cosmetics, has a strong return and exchange policy that honors full refunds upon dissatisfaction or allergy, and this policy favors the consumer, both new and returning.
If you are dissatisfied with the use of Fresh Cosmetic’s Rose Face Mask, or if it does not work for your skin to provide suitable skincare and hydrating benefits, or you experience any product allergy or reaction to the formulation, you may elect to return it at any time.
In this case, you will receive a full refund equal to the entire purchase price of the item, if purchased via Amazon (it can’t be guaranteed to apply to individual stores or merchants).
Fresh Rose Face Mask: Worth It Winner?
While Fresh’s Rose Face Mask may definitely be a splurge, there is no denying the benefits with use and that this is one of the most luxurious at-home spa like treatments I have tried in any product range for the skin.
It is anti-aging, and completely restores skin texture and tone, and fully brightens the complexion for those with dull or sallow skin tones.
When applied to the face, it feels quite luxurious and instantly calms, smoothes, and tones. It is also safe for all to use (excluding those with specific allergies), and made my face feel instantly smoother and more appear more vibrant.
In terms of the overall mask category, price considered, we’d give this a 4.5/5. In terms of overall quality if price was not as steep, this would easily rank in at a 5/5, and is definitely a splurge I would recommend everyone try out at least once for a renewed and fully restored appearance.
Definitely hype worthy!