For those days we need a professional quality facial in the comfort of our own homes, Drunk Elephant’s T.L.C.’s Sukari Babyfacial has truly stepped up the “at home spa” game” with their potent treatment that leaves the skin baby soft, smooth, and looking younger.
While because of all of the active ingredients in the Babyfacial (25 percent AHA/two percent BHA blend of the dream team glycolic, tartaric, lactic, citric, and salicylicacids), I was quite nervous about trying this out with sensitive skin- but very pleased to find my skin could tolerate it quite well.
Designed as the ultimate anti-aging facial and to eliminate pores while smoothening texture and softening the skin, my skin did feel like a baby (or as close as you can get to that as an adult) after using this), and results are visible quite quickly.
We’re all looking for visibly brighter skin, faded sun spots, and invisible looking pores. But more than that, if we can ditch the splurges on salon facials and wear pajamas while indulging in facial treatments at home, isn’t that really living the life?
We reviewed to find out more about the life of pajamas and at home facials.
Review: Drunk Elephant T.L.C Sukari Babyfacial
Drunk Elephant’s T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial is a 50ml deep exfoliating treatment designed to be used once a week for anti-aging, brightening, and skin resurfacing benefits.
Safe for all skin types, my skin appeared glowing, clear, softer, and more smooth in texture after first time use (without any redness, irritation, or peeling after use).
While it is safe for all skin types, it is important to note that it is quite potent and the ingredients in the product are clinical grade in strength, so you will experience some tingling (and even a slight potential burn-as I did) during use, if you are on the sensitive side. With that said, I did not experience any rash, redness or irritation.
However, those who are very sensitive can always experience this with very active products, so spot testing is always recommended.
After using, my skin instantly appeared brighter and was “glowing,” and the results were like a facial you’d get at a salon, especially if you start with a great cleanser and hot towel treatment and finish with a gentle serum.
All of my pores were unclogged and seemed tighter and nearly invisible, and the skin feels incredibly smooth and soft after use.
Personally, I recommend waiting an hour or so and then applying a rich moisturizer before bedtime for a truly luxurious and at-home spa time treatment that feels nourishing and rich.
While you can’t expect to “erase time” with the use of the Babyfacial once, using it continually over time is definitely a solid anti-aging treatment, and I noticed a definite decrease in lines and fine wrinkles around the forehead area. It also works as a good treatment for acne scarring and signs of environmental or sun damage.
Most reviewers compare Babyfacial to a “miracle in a bottle,” and while it isn’t cheap, it is important to realize the ingredients used in the product are clinical strength and not cheap at all, and the product lasts an extremely long time as it’s only a once a week treatment.
With all of this said, there are a couple of important side notes. First, because of the potent AHA ingredients, the use of a sunscreen the day after this treatment is always needed to protect the skin (as it becomes more prone to potential damage). Second, if you are planning on trying to use this product to speed up results more than once a week that is not how the product is designed- so you can at your own risk, but it raises the potential for redness, peeling, dryness, and reaction.
And last, tingly sensations with use are normal. Even slight burning sensations can be normal. But if you experience redness or rash, remove the product with cold water.
How Do I Use Drunk Elephant T.L.C Sukari Babyfacial?
- Begin by applying an even layer to clean, dry skin
- Leave on for 20 minutes (first time users may opt for 10-15 if more comfortable or desired)
- Rinse with warm water and pat gently
- If desired, follow with a gentle serum or oil of your choice
- Use the product once per week
*Do not be alarmed if you experience a slight tingling sensation on the skin during use*
Drunk Elephant T.L.C Sukari Babyfacial Pros and Cons
Of all of the facial treatment and mask type products, I found Drunk Elephant’s Babyfacial to be the closest to an at-home exfoliating peel “salon quality” treatment” I have ever tried. While it does tingle and may even burn slightly at first for those who are quite sensitive, it is not typical for the product to create redness, rash, or irritation. It is also not cheap, however it lasts for an extremely long time as a once per week treatment and the ingredients used are quite expensive as well.
Here are some main pros and cons to bear in mind prior to purchase:
- Helps to deeply unclog pores in the face and t-zone, eliminate blackheads, whiteheads, dirt, debris, oil, and dead skin cells
- Evens out texture and tone in the skin and helps to promote a more even surface
- Anti-aging benefits: smoothens out the look of fine lines, wrinkles, sun spots, and sun damage
- Leaves the skin looking brighter and more radiant even after first time use
- Contains a clinical grade strength of ingredients (AHA)
- Cruelty-free and vegan company: company does not test any of its products on any animals, use any animal products in any of its formulations, or during any manufacturing processes
- Free of silicones, fragrances, and essential oils
- Drunk Elephant is a supporter of IEF (International Elephant Foundation) and charitable foundations
- I noticed brighter and clearer skin, a decrease in breakouts, smaller pores, and “baby soft” feeling skin right after using
- Over time, I noticed a visible decrease in fine lines around the forehead area (it’s tough to say if this is exclusively this product as I did not use this alone, but I do believe it definitely helped)
- The potent ingredients in the product are ones you would find at a salon or ones you would need to find by seeing a dermatologist
- It definitely feels like a luxury facial treatment from the comfort of your own home
- While I did experience slight burning (with no redness or rash) and tingling, even with sensitive skin I did not experience redness, rash, irritation, breakouts, or any other major reaction, which came as a surprise given other competitors I have tried with ingredients like this
- For those with sensitive skin, this product may simply be too active and pose the risk of irritation, redness, reaction, or rash (these are more common than breakout, and the money-back guarantee policy applies in this case)
- For those with sensitive skin, even if you don’t experience an allergic reaction or redness (and I experienced this after use), you may notice slight stinging and tingling, but no symptoms after removal, and may want to use a smaller amount of product or less or the product during use- and limit use to a once a week maximum
- Price point: this is definitely a pricey item, however the ingredients contained in the Babyfacial are quite expensive and on par with what you would find at your local salon-quality facial
- There can be some issues with the pump functioning (this has happened with a few other Drunk Elephant products), and seems to be a clear manufacturing issue)
Drunk Elephant’s Money-Back Guarantee Policy
If you have very sensitive or acne-prone skin (particularly given the potent ingredients in this product) or have not used Drunk Elephant products in the past, the return and exchange policy in this case may be a highly important factor for you.
The manufacturer, Drunk Elephant, has a strong return and exchange policy that honors full refunds upon dissatisfaction or allergy, and this policy favors the consumer, both new and returning.
If you are dissatisfied with the use of Drunk Elephant’s T.L.C. Sukari BabyFacial, or if it does not work for your skin to provide suitable skincare, anti-aging and general benefits, or you experience any product allergy or reaction to the formulation, you may elect to return it at any time.
In this case, you will receive a full refund equal to the entire purchase price of the item, if purchased via Amazon (it can’t be guaranteed to apply to individual stores or merchants).
In this case, the formulation of the Babyfacial was very active but gentle enough to use even with sensitive skin in moderation and did not cause any irritation or breakouts, but spot testing is definitely recommended with this product.
Drunk Elephant T.L.C Sukari Babyfacial: Worth It Winner?
Drunk Elephant’s Babyfacial is definitely worth it for its price in our opinion, simply due to the ingredients used, benefits with use, and overall treatment benefits.
Don’t we all want to wrap up in a blanket and pajamas, save time on trying to find Groupons and discount codes for salons, and simply get an at home luxury type deep exfoliating peel from the comfort of home?
I know I do.
Other than leaving your skin looking bright, clear, and fresh, it feels incredibly smooth and soft even after you have used Babyfacial one time.
Over time when used on a weekly basis, you will notice pores become pretty much invisible, acne scar marks are less visible, breakouts decrease, skin looks more even in tone and texture, and the treatment has incredible anti-aging benefits as well. Fine lines, wrinkles, sun spots, sun damage and signs of pigmentation issues all decrease with regular use over time.
So, while this may be a splurge item, it definitely saves some time and money on pricey salon peels and deep exfoliating treatments, which can often just leave you walking away with a broken out face anyways- one you can’t get your money back for.
For all of those reasons, Drunk Elephant’s T.L.C Sukari Babyfacial is an adult hit and worth it winner for us.