We’re all looking for that perfect cream to hydrate dry and parched Winter skin without being too heavy, and with Drunk Elephant’s Lala Retro Whipped Cream, this is the perfect skin-saver for dry types who are in need of rescuing and anti-aging benefits.
Similar to other Drunk Elephant moisturizers but a bit richer in texture for those who are truly dry and dehydrated, the cream also leaves your skin feeling soft and supple, while supporting firmer skin and helping decrease any lost elasticity.
Formulated with a rich blend of 6 rare African oils exclusive to Drunk Elephant, the silky soft cream also erases signs of lines, wrinkles, and sun damage/spots, and don’t we all want that?
Whipped into an airy blend, your skin feels hydrated and protected for hours without feeling greasy, heavy, or weighed down.
So is Drunk Elephant’s Lala Retro Whipped Cream the perfect tipsy splurge for you to pick up after a couple of glasses of Pinot Noir? We’re talking about the winter here, but this cream is actually great for all year round.
We reviewed to explore and find out more about this trending new favorite item.
Review: Drunk Elephant Lala Retro Whipped Cream
Drunk Elephant’s Lala Retro Whipped Cream is a 50ml whipped and airy cream that fully restores hydration and repairs even the dullest and most dry skin, leaving no patches behind.
It does so without any greasy, heavy, or sticky feelings on the skin, and even after using it for the first time, skin looks and feels “baby soft” and smooth. It’s actually one of the best skincare creams I have tried, and at this point I would estimate I have tried….. thousands?
After reading through reviews, looking at the awards this cream has won, and looking at the incredible rich ingredient list, it’s actually pretty easy to see why this cream works so well. And it’s one of the only skincare creams I have ever tried that’s softened, brightened, and restored glow and radiance to my skin very visibly after using it just one time.
While it says anyone can use it with any skin type, I would recommend this cream for those with very dry skin, because it’s not heavy, but it is quite rich and silky in texture and perfect for restoring hydration and dullness.
If you are like me and you get pale, parched, sallow, or generally dull looking skin (especially during colder months during the year), this cream works almost immediately to have you back in glowing condition. It leaves you looking radiant, softer, smoother, and generally “glowing.” In fact, it’s hard to write a review for Lala Retro Whipped Cream without accidentally overusing the words glow and glowing, because that’s exactly what it does for your skin.
If you’re dry, your skin drinks it up like water as if its been in a dessert, and it feels amazing.
For those of us who are dry, sensitive, feeling the need for something or anything soothing to put on our faces to replenish a feeling of “blah,” there is a solution and quick fix, and Drunk Elephant’s Lala Retro Whipped Cream has topped my list of moisturizers after trying it.
A word to the wise: it feels so darn good, be careful not to overuse it, as its addictive. Maybe I should call it skin chocolate rather than water, but that visual isn’t very pretty.
How Do I Use Drunk Elephant’s Lala Retro Whipped Cream?
- As a product in general without any other routine, apply on clean dry skin at any time
- Apply after a cleanser, toner, and serum of your choice
- Mix the product with a serum or oil of your choice for an added boost of hydrating
- In the AM, follow with a primer and your regular makeup routine for a smoother and softer application
Drunk Elephant Lala Retro Whipped Cream Pros and Cons
The majority of the benefits and uses of Drunk Elephant’s Lala Retro Whipped Cream seemed to be excellent, it was one of the most hydrating and softening creams I have ever tried and would highly recommend it as an anti-aging cream for dry skin types. It never feels heavy or greasy on the skin but leaves the skin feeling incredibly smooth and soft and looking visibly brightened and soft– I could notice a difference even after using it for the first time, and this has to be one of my favorite Drunk Elephant products, even though they have a great product range in general.
While the price point is rather high, it lasts for a very long time because a small amount is needed even for extremely dry skin.
Here are some main pros and cons to bear in mind prior to purchase:
- Lala Whipped Cream is one of the best skincare treatments/creams available to protect the skin against environmental damage, free radical damage, and sun damage (preventative anti-aging benefits)
- Cruelty-free company: Drunk Elephant does not test any of their products on any animals, does not use any animal product in any of their formulations, or during any manufacturing processes
- The Lala Retro Whipped Cream does not contain any parabens, sulfates, chemical additives, or harsh binding agents, and is all naturally based
- While the cream is very rich in texture and hydrating, it is not greasy, sticky, or tacky on the skin at all, and never leaves behind any residue
- Safe and suitable for all skin types, including those with sensitive or acne prone skin
- Treats even the dryest skin and locks in moisture with a long hydration hold
- Anti-aging benefits: the Lala Whipped Cream is designed to treat signs of fine lines, wrinkles, sun damage, and sun spots (and while using it I definitely noticed a visible decrease in the appearance of lines and wrinkles around the forehead area)
- For dull or sallow skin: the cream helps your skin to glow, improves radiance, and leaves skin looking refreshed and dewy
- The Cream has won multiple beauty awards (Instyle, Allure, Influenster, and Best of Beauty) for its benefits and ability to hydrate and anti-age the face
- Brightens the skin, improves clarity, tone, texture, and firms
- At a PH level of 5.5, the Lala Whipped Cream is the perfect balance for the skin, moisturizing without being too heavy or feeling suffocating
- Fragrance free and quite gentle, for those who are sensitive
- One pump of product is generally enough for the entire face, so the cream lasts for quite some time, making it a valuable investment, it should last you many months of use
- Gets rid of any dry patches or flakes on the skin instantly after first time use
- Works well to apply under makeup for a smoother and softer finish
- While the product is marketed for any skin type, it is generally better for those with normal to dry skin, and works the best for treating those with dehydrated and parched skin or dry patches (it may be a bit heavy for those with oily skin types)
- Price point: while the ingredients, benefits, and product are incredible, the price is not cheap, but it is truly an excellent product that lasts for quite some time, so it felt like a worthy splurge
Drunk Elephant’s Money-Back Guarantee Policy
If you have very sensitive or acne-prone skin (or price barriers are a concern given this item’s cost for you) or have not used Drunk Elephant products in the past, the return and exchange policy in this case may be a highly important factor for you.
The manufacturer, Drunk Elephant, has a strong return and exchange policy that honors full refunds upon dissatisfaction or allergy, and this policy favors the consumer, both new and returning.
If you are dissatisfied with the use of Drunk Elephant’s Lala Whipped Cream, or if it does not work for your skin to provide suitable skincare, anti-aging and general hydrating benefits, or you experience any product allergy or reaction to the formulation, you may elect to return it at any time.
In this case, you will receive a full refund equal to the entire purchase price of the item, if purchased via Amazon (it can’t be guaranteed to apply to individual stores or merchants).
In this case, the formulation of the Lala Whipped was quite rich- yet gentle enough to use even with very sensitive and acne-prone skin and did not cause any irritation or breakouts, but spot testing is definitely recommended with this product, as with any topical treatment item.
Drunk Elephant Lala Retro Whipped Cream: Worth It Winner?
Drunk Elephant’s Lala Retro Whipped Cream is a 100% worth it for its price winner for those of us with dry skin and I do not at all regret the purchase, and will be continuing to purchase this as my new daily moisturizer.
While there are cheaper creams available, there are none I have found yet that can compare to the anti-aging and moisturizing benefits with Lala’s Whipped Cream.
The only danger and downside (other than the price point, which I don’t even mind spending on a budget for such a good quality product), is the addictive nature of it- it feels so good that you just want to keep putting more and more on your skin. But that is not wise, as a note for first time users.
For those of you, like me, suffering with dry and dull skin, waking up in the morning to pale complexions and wishing for a boost of radiance and glow, or desperately seeking softer skin. Put down all the oils for a moment. Pick up Drunk Elephant’s Lala Retro Whipped Cream. Apply. Experience.
You won’t turn back or regret it.
I decided instead of piling on lighter weight serums and soaking my skin in so much oil it would break out in an attempt to heal dryness, I would splurge on a well reviewed cream. And am so happy I did, and happy to recommend it to everyone else. It’s actually saved on money by reducing the overuse of other products.
If you’re dry, dull, and looking to prevent or treat lines, Lala Retro is definitely trendy and hype! 5/5!